Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Treating all people as mentally addled they can't even tolerate a virtual spit emote in an old ass game like WoW. You guys are sick in the head and are projecting that on all us sane ones.
    How are you sane when defending the right to harass people with an emote just because they bought a mount/package for the game?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How are you sane when defending the right to harass people with an emote just because they bought a mount/package for the game?
    Seek a psychiatrist.
    That's what you need, not the world to be covered in bubblewraps because your brain implodes upon being possibly slightly mildly offended by something in a game.

There's no F** OFF big enough that would suffice for this sort of mentality. Treating all people as mentally addled they can't even tolerate a virtual spit emote in an old ass game like WoW.
    You guys are sick in the head and are projecting that on all us sane ones.
    So where do you draw the line then?

What about racial slurs? Should people just "get over it" there, too? What about sexist language, or disparaging sexual orientation, or whatever else.

There are no hard and fast rules here for what is and isn't okay. It's all a matter of negotiation. And now they want to negotiate a different kind of line.

It's not a situation of "either everything goes, or everything is censored". Clearly there are distinctions made, and it's just about how and when we make them.

The "superior Classic community" led to an emote's removal.

I'm chuckling good over here.
    Good show, and clearly many WoW players seem to need tightening up on how they're allowed to interact with other human beings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seek a psychiatrist. That's what you need, not the world to be covered in bubblewraps because your brain implodes upon being possibly slightly mildly offended by something in a game.
    You didn't answer the question but instead decided to insult. How is it sane to defend harassment of others? Why are you so offended by it being removed if sane people don't get offended over something so small?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    So you are upset about the lines because you're wishing they would do something about them. It's ok, I'm sure they will soon enough and everything can become Disneyfied.
    Jesus tap dancing fucking Christ. Don't put words in my mouth. Did you just NOT read my response? I said I personally don't care about the flirt lines. I'm just surprised they got rid of a harmless emote instead of super sexual flirt lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I was the black sheep on my realm for weeks because I ninja'd Hourglass in TBC 14 years ago.
    Oh well sounds like you absolutely deserved it considering how shitty ninjaing something is.

I only use /spit on the Mistcaller boss in Tirna scithe tbh.

You didn't answer the question but instead decided to insult. How is it sane to defend harassment of others? Why are you so offended by it being removed if sane people don't get offended over something so small?
    This post is harassing me.
    Now I want it removed.

See the problem? I bet not.

15+ Year Old Account
    This post is harassing me. Now I want it removed. See the problem? I bet not.
    That isn't close to the same reasoning for why /spit is theorized to be removed. People were encouraged to repeatedly /spit on anyone who has a specific mount by a streamer. Weak auras were created to automatically do it every time a person on the mount was targeted. That is 100% different then saying a post that disagrees with you is harassment simply because it disagrees with you.

The people that are throwing a fit and can't handle things are those who are making a big deal about it being removed. Its an emote in a video game. Will people still harass others? Sure. Is it a big deal /spit is removed even for those who were not harassing others? Nope. It is a non issue either way. Blizzard taking a step to potentially combat harassment is a good thing. Defending those doing that harassment is a bad thing.

That isn't close to the same reasoning for why /spit is theorized to be removed. People were encouraged to repeatedly /spit on anyone who has a specific mount by a streamer. Weak auras were created to automatically do it every time a person on the mount was targeted. That is 100% different then saying a post that disagrees with you is harassment simply because it disagrees with you.

The people that are throwing a fit and can't handle things are those who are making a big deal about it being removed. Its an emote in a video game. Will people still harass others? Sure. Is it a big deal /spit is removed even for those who were not harassing others? Nope. It is a non issue either way. Blizzard taking a step to potentially combat harassment is a good thing. Defending those doing that harassment is a bad thing.
    More harassment. Now my mental wellbeing is getting harmed. Please remove, thanks.
    Surely you're not gonna stand for harassment right?

5+ Year Old Account
    This post is harassing me.
    Now I want it removed.

See the problem? I bet not.
    Fortunately mods don't agree with you, so you'll have to "man it up", like your kind likes to say. However, if it was a post with death threats, sexual harassment, racist slurs, homophobia, etc. it would be an entirely different story.

Because ultimately it isn't you who decides what is harassing and what isn't, but the society as a whole. A society in which your kind is fortunately losing ground with each passing day. As you might say, life is tough, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    More harassment. Now my mental wellbeing is getting harmed. Please remove, thanks.
    Surely you're not gonna stand for harassment right?
    But wouldn't you equally be harassing me and you should remove your posts and stop? See. That is the problem. You don't care about sane, fair, or even harassment. You just want to further hate for the sake of it.

All you have to do is create a custom emote. /em spits on %T and it bypasses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Fortunately mods don't agree with you, so you'll have to "man it up", like your kind likes to say. However, if it was a post with death threats, sexual harassment, racist slurs, homophobia, etc. it would be an entirely different story.

Because ultimately it isn't you who decides what is harassing and what isn't, but the society as a whole. A society in which your kind is fortunately losing ground with each passing day. As you might say, life is tough, isn't it?
    And now /spit is equated with death threats and racist slurs.

You guys know no rock bottom, it's an endless digging down into idiocy.

15+ Year Old Account
    And now /spit is equated with death threats and racist slurs.
    They were referring to the posts made that you wanted removed and not the spit emote. Lol.

But wouldn't you equally be harassing me and you should remove your posts and stop? See. That is the problem. You don't care about sane, fair, or even harassment. You just want to further hate for the sake of it.
    You're furthering hate. And mental instability. Any expert in the field would tell you that when someone is "mentally harmed" by something abject removal of the threat from their lives only makes them more sensible and exhacerbates the damage if/when exposed to it again. All you're doing is making them more vulnerable.
    Removing /spit for everyone, including those using it correctly and innocently, is indefensible.

Covering the world in bubblewraps doesn't help anyone, it only makes a suckier world for all.

They
    Lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Covering the world in bubblewraps doesn't help anyone, it only makes a suckier world for all.
    Putting a quick stop to harassment by just removing the emote is not covering the world in bubble wrap. It also allows Blizzard to easily take action based on intent if people continue it with a new emote. The only ones hurt by this change are the ones that are doing the harassment.

What is funny about using the word they properly?

Putting a quick stop to harassment by just removing the emote is not covering the world in bubble wrap. It also allows Blizzard to easily take action based on intent if people continue it with a new emote. The only ones hurt by this change are the ones that are doing the harassment.
    The fact you believe this tells how incredibly simple minded you are. Censorship harms everyone, you included.

All I can say is: /spit.

Interesting that they removed it from tbc but not from retail. Could that mean tbc is more toxic than retail? I cant imagine as retail is already toxic enought.