Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
28
... LastLast
  1. #501
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Yeah, Muffinus. Don't talk about the condescending, toxic behavior the devs have towards the community.
    The players are the problem. It's all the players fault. Got it.
    The toxicity in-game IS on the players. 100000%

  2. #502
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No it is not. You can do everything in game and not be toxic at all. Toxicity is the result of players being toxic. Stop shifting blaming and put the responabilty where it should be put. You can do timed runs with out being toxic. You can have ratings with out being toxic. You can have addons and api with out being toxic. Tokens can exist with out being toxic. Pug tools can exist with out being toxic. Everything you list is an BS excuse.

    You just don't want to admit that it is the players, and only the players, that make the community toxic. No one is forced to be toxic they choose to be toxic.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Which is what the emote was being used for in TBC-C. It was being used to harass people on a specific mount even with addons and weak auras to automate the harassment.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So why do you still play Blizzard games? Because they have censored things since the start. Toxicity doesn't have a place. Just because you want to rage and be a toxic doesn't mean you should be given your safe space to do so.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So if players can censor themselves why can't Blizzard take steps towards combating harassment? Same thing in the end right? It gets censored. The problem to is that ignoring a player doesn't stop them from harassing the next person. There is nothing wrong with combating toxicity. Usually the ones that scream the loudest are the ones afraid they won't be able to be toxic anymore.
    By your logic, any emote can be taken as harassment.

    Next, the /love, or /kiss or /hug emote can be put in place instead of the /spit emote, and generate just as much bullying as before. " I don't want a stranger to have the ability to sexually harass me with those types of emotes."

    IT DOESN'T FIX THE ISSUE. Not even remotely.

    God damn... How are you so blind to this? Is it willful ignorance?

  3. #503
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    By your logic, any emote can be taken as harassment.
    Yes. That is correct. Anything can be used for harassment. How is it that you don't even understand that yet try and call others blind or willfully ignorant? The value of everything should be weighed versus the harassment it is used for. All emotes have little value to the game play though some have more because they have sounds or animations attached to them.

    It of course temporarily fixes the issue. Just because it doesn't end harassment for all time doesn't mean it can't be done as a step. Even if it wasn't removed for harassment there is little reason to not make emotes fit better with the times. It happens with everything that lasts a while. Even watching old shows that were perfectly acceptable in the past have cringe worthy moments now that should have been done differently.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #504
    I love how people who still financially support a company that has:

    -Shielded and fostered sexual abuse
    -Turned blind eyes and even silenced people protesting human rights in order to keep their chinese market
    -Laid off hundreads of employees in the face of financial success
    -Provided half finished products like WC3 reforged and the last 2 WoW expansions

    Are now here to lecture you on what a bad boy you were for using the /spit emote on people who scream at the sight of a buterfly.

  5. #505
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I love how people who still financially support a company that has: -Shielded and fostered sexual abuse -Turned blind eyes and even silenced people protesting human rights in order to keep their chinese market -Laid off hundreads of employees in the face of financial success -Provided half finished products like WC3 reforged and the last 2 WoW expansions Are now here to lecture you on what a bad boy you were for using the /spit emote on people who scream at the sight of a buterfly.
    So bad things have to be allowed because other bad things happen? I can steal all your money because the bank stole another persons? Lmao. Pretty sure to that you haven't cut everything that falls into your list out of your life. Because when you look into it most things would have to be cut out and it would leave you with relatively little. And you certainly wouldn't be able to use the internet.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #506
    Spiting on paypigs? Oh no, no, no we can't have that, they might re-think buying future cash shop items!
    Ganking lowbies for hours on end? Sure, that's socializing!

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So bad things have to be allowed because other bad things happen? I can steal all your money because the bank stole another persons? Lmao. Pretty sure to that you haven't cut everything that falls into your list out of your life. Because when you look into it most things would have to be cut out and it would leave you with relatively little. And you certainly wouldn't be able to use the internet.
    Again appealing to extremes. Equating basic modern time needs to stopping suppot of a shitty gaming company. Kk

  8. #508
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Again appealing to extremes. Equating basic modern time needs to stopping suppot of a shitty gaming company. Kk
    Gotcha. Your list isn't all that important when you can ignore it at will depending on what you like or do not like. Not everything is a basic "modern" need. We all make use of a ton of luxury things which is why we can discuss stuff on a fan site for a video game in the first place. But it isn't about doing what is right or wrong. It is about justifying and continuing hate for no reason.

    Playing Blizzard games doesn't mean you support sexual harassment. Which is hilarious for you to even say given how you support the harassment of players with an emote. Do you see how that contradicts things?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #509
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Gotcha. Your list isn't all that important when you can ignore it at will depending on what you like or do not like. Not everything is a basic "modern" need. We all make use of a ton of luxury things which is why we can discuss stuff on a fan site for a video game in the first place. But it isn't about doing what is right or wrong. It is about justifying and continuing hate for no reason.

    Playing Blizzard games doesn't mean you support sexual harassment. Which is hilarious for you to even say given how you support the harassment of players with an emote. Do you see how that contradicts things?
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

  10. #510
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    So harassment you agree with is okay to be continued and should be supported. Harassment you don't agree with should stop and shouldn't be supported. Why not just be against all harassment?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #511
    Quote Originally Posted by Somarlane View Post
    I am genuinely curious if you have the same opinion about the /rude emote. /spit is certainly more visceral of the two, but if the game is losing the rude aspect of /spit... does it not follow that one should remove the actual /rude? We all know that "rude gesture" is the middle-finger. The you're-number-one. The flipping of birdies.
    Emotes were always playful things to me. The "/rude" emote is usually a response to teasing. If the emote were "/rude gesture" then I certainly would.

    I don't want to spend a lot of time in this thread but if you wouldn't use an emote on your friend maybe it shouldn't be in the game?

    I've never used /rude because I forget it exists but when I suggested my guildmaster has rather strange tastes in mounts and pets (she freakin' does!), she's done that to me.

    She's never /spit at me. /Spit is an insult emote. We don't need it. The game won't miss it.

  12. #512
    Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    Because they removed an emote that wasn't of any practical use in your logic the next steps lead to the removal of "open" chat in general? Sounds like a really smart assessment of the situation from your side. Really.
    They will do whatever it takes to cover their own ass right now.

  13. #513
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    You can link it to show your dps without shaming others.
    Nobody links dps meters in chat without being asked unless they're using it as a way to shame other players in the party.

  14. #514
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Nobody links dps meters in chat without being asked unless they're using it as a way to shame other players in the party.
    Nice projection.

  15. #515
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Nobody links dps meters in chat without being asked unless they're using it as a way to shame other players in the party.
    I used it to brag when was 1st. But then, i dont look at other players and their performance.

  16. #516
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I used it to brag when was 1st. But then, i dont look at other players and their performance.
    There really is no reason to post meters in chat if nobody asked for it other than to basically shame other people. It's fine to be proud of your own numbers but nobody else cares unless they asked.

  17. #517
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There really is no reason to post meters in chat if nobody asked for it other than to basically shame other people. It's fine to be proud of your own numbers but nobody else cares unless they asked.
    Again, nice projection.
    "There is really no reason" is just a cute way to say "I don't like" and pretending that applies to everybody.

  18. #518
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Again, nice projection.
    "There is really no reason" is just a cute way to say "I don't like" and pretending that applies to everybody.
    No. There literally is absolutely no reason to post meters in chat if nobody asked. Give me ONE good reason to post meters if nobody asked.

  19. #519
    How about increasing the dro0p rates in raids you damn twits

  20. #520
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No. There literally is absolutely no reason to post meters in chat if nobody asked. Give me ONE good reason to post meters if nobody asked.
    Being proud of your accomplishments and wanting your friends to share. By your logic achievements shouldn't be posted either if nobody asked, or having dropped a very rare item in some lucky run.
    All in all you're just pretending your own selfish dislikes and fragile sensibility should be treated as something universal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •