Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Being proud of your accomplishments and wanting your friends to share. By your logic achievements shouldn't be posted either if nobody asked, or having dropped a very rare item in some lucky run.
    All in all you're just pretending your own selfish dislikes and fragile sensibility should be treated as something universal.
    Friends will typically ask. Posting meters when absolutely nobody asked is literally just you flexing and being annoying. So posting shit in chat to show off when nobody asked for it is just annoying and does nothing but serve as a way for you to try and shame other people.

Spitting is only allowed when you brought buttplugs but forgot the lube.

Hah, how silly of me. A true Blizzard employee never forgets to bring lube.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Friends will typically ask. Posting meters when absolutely nobody asked is literally just you flexing and being annoying. So posting shit in chat to show off when nobody asked for it is just annoying and does nothing but serve as a way for you to try and shame other people.
    "Friends will typically ask"
    Maybe in an offense snowflake culture.
    When me and my pals post meters in chat on our own we never feel we're just "flexing" for the sake of being annoying and pissing people off, when we post a rare achievement or item we just go "goddamn I tried for that for ages" and go on with our business.

Sorry you have shit friends and a shit attitude.
    Last edited by Nimin; 2021-08-03 at 02:01 AM.

This thread is like 80% rhorle who seems to be the only one defending the poor whales. Seems wokeness and unproductiveness goes hand in hand.

"Friends will typically ask"
    Maybe in an offense snowflake culture.
    When me and my pals post meters in chat on our own we never feel we're just "flexing" for the sake of being annoying and pissing people off, when we post a rare achievement or item we just go "goddamn I tried for that for ages" and go on with our business.

Sorry you have shit friends and a shit attitude.
    So in other words, you can't name one legitimate reason to post meters when nobody asked. You wanna do stuff in your small group of friends? Go for it. But expecting everyone in the world to accept things just because your echo chamber does is the epitome of entitled. Hilarious that you are call people "snowflakes" when you are clearly upset just because people don't want to see meters in a group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    This thread is like 80% rhorle who seems to be the only one defending the poor whales. Seems wokeness and unproductiveness goes hand in hand.
    Nah. There's also people like Nimin throwing around ad hominem and calling people snowflakes just because some people are sick of harassment. I think that the removal of the s/pit emote was done to placate the whales as well.

So in other words, you can't name one legitimate reason to post meters when nobody asked.
    I've already given you three.

You wanna do stuff in your small group of friends? Go for it. But expecting everyone in the world to accept things just because your echo chamber does is the epitome of entitled. Hilarious that you are call people "snowflakes" when you are clearly upset just because people don't want to see meters in a group.
    No, expecting the whole world to stop is the epitome of entitled.
    The fact the majority of people does it without a hitch shows that it's you who has issue you should be working on solving, not the world to change to accomodate your paranoia.

You're the one wanting stuff gone, not me. I have no problem living with it... because I'm not a snowflake.
    Last edited by Nimin; 2021-08-03 at 02:08 AM.

I've already given you three.

No, expecting the whole world to stop is the epitome of entitled.
    The fact the majority of people does it without a hitch shows that it's you who has issue you should be working on solving, not the world to change to accomodate your paranoia.
    I asked for a legitimate reason. you've only give your own personal reasons and basically said everyone should be thinking like you. Majority of people DON'T do it without a hitch. The number of times I've been in LFD groups where a person was kicked for posting meters nobody asked for is more than I can count. And I always vote yes to kicking those people. Because it's annoying and is nothing but them trying to flex on strangers or shame them.

Expecting everyone to just accept your actions is ridiculous and entitlement.

I asked for a legitimate reason. you've only give your own personal reasons and basically said everyone should be thinking like you. Majority of people DON'T do it without a hitch. The number of times I've been in LFD groups where a person was kicked for posting meters nobody asked for is more than I can count. And I always vote yes to kicking those people. Because it's annoying and is nothing but them trying to flex on strangers or shame them.

Expecting everyone to just accept your actions is ridiculous and entitlement.
    I don't expect them to accept it, just to live and let live: it's fine not to like it.
    But I'm not a paranoid who thinks everyone posting a meter is out to get me.
    And I don't want to remove anyone who doesn't play the game the way I like either.

You're the entitled baby, not me.
    Last edited by Nimin; 2021-08-03 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    It just shows that there are a lot of toxic players (or even ex-players that can't let go) that when angry at Blizzard take it out on anyone they can. Which only leads them to get angrier when Blizzard does something about their harassment. Being against harassment has nothing to do with wokeness. It is just common decency.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It just shows that there are a lot of toxic players (or even ex-players that can't let go) that when angry at Blizzard take it out on anyone they can. Which only leads them to get angrier when Blizzard does something about their harassment. Being against harassment has nothing to do with wokeness. It is just common decency.
    If Blizzard ACTUALLY care about harassment then they would suspend people that use meters to shame people. They would suspend people who use rampant racial/homophobic slurs in public chats. They would suspend people who will body camp someone for hours on end.

They don't care about harassment. They got rid of the spit emote because whales were upset that people were mean to them with an emote. This is about money, not compassion.

If Blizzard ACTUALLY care about harassment then they would suspend people that use meters to shame people. They would suspend people who use rampant racial/homophobic slurs in public chats. They would suspend people who will body camp someone for hours on end.

They don't care about harassment. They got rid of the spit emote because whales were upset that people were mean to them with an emote. This is about money, not compassion.
    I don't see why it matters, you don't care about compassion either.
    If you did you'd be understanding of people having fun in ways different than yours, yet you'd rather see them removed. /shrug

If Blizzard ACTUALLY care about harassment then they would suspend people that use meters to shame people. They would suspend people who use rampant racial/homophobic slurs in public chats. They would suspend people who will body camp someone for hours on end. They don't care about harassment. They got rid of the spit emote because whales were upset that people were mean to them with an emote. This is about money, not compassion.
    The argument that they can only do something if they do everything never works. They got rid of the emote because a streamer got his followers to use it as a means to harass players. It has nothing to do with whales and you are fooling yourself if you think only whales buy collector editions.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The argument that they can only do something if they do everything never works. They got rid of the emote because a streamer got his followers to use it as a means to harass players. It has nothing to do with whales and you are fooling yourself if you think only whales buy collector editions.
    It has EVERYTHING to do with whales, dude. Because when a streamer gathers people together to camp players or make them feel like shit in dungeons, nothing is ever done. But as soon as enough people are shamed for being a whale in TBCC, the emote used is suddenly disabled.

It has EVERYTHING to do with whales, dude. Because when a streamer gathers people together to camp players or make them feel like shit in dungeons, nothing is ever done. But as soon as enough people are shamed for being a whale in TBCC, the emote used is suddenly disabled.
    Buying a collectors edition does not make you a whale. Just because they didn't do something in the past doesn't mean they can't do something now.

Buying a collectors edition does not make you a whale. Just because they didn't do something in the past doesn't mean they can't do something now.
    Actually, that's exactly what a whale is. People spend extra money in cash shops to get things the base game doesn't give you. So of course the company is going to cater to them. Do you just not know what a whale is?

Actually, that's exactly what a whale is. People spend extra money in cash shops to get things the base game doesn't give you. So of course the company is going to cater to them. Do you just not know what a whale is?
    No. A whale is a person that spends a significant amount of money. It is not a person that spends any amount of money. A CE is not a significant level of money spent. Using tokens to buy the AH mount would be indicative of a whale.

I post meters, this is a group game, if your dps or healing is low, compared to your peers, then you need to improve, which leads to progression and ultimately why mmos are enjoyable. You can ignore the reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring that reality, you play bad and are letting the group down, improve and reap the rewards.

No. A whale is a person that spends a significant amount of money. It is not a person that spends any amount of money. A CE is not a significant level of money spent. Using tokens to buy the AH mount would be indicative of a whale.
    That's absolutely not the only definition of a whale. A whale is literally anyone who spends a good chunk of change of expensive collector's editions or people who buy all the shop mounts when they release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfpriest View Post
    I post meters, this is a group game, if your dps or healing is low, compared to your peers, then you need to improve, which leads to progression and ultimately why mmos are enjoyable. You can ignore the reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring that reality, you play bad and are letting the group down, improve and reap the rewards.
    If nobody asked for it, you're just being a jerk by posting meters. And unless you are talking about a raid group where everyone knows each other, posting meters in matchmade activity is just you being an elitist.

That's absolutely not the only definition of a whale. A whale is literally anyone who spends a good chunk of change of expensive collector's editions or people who buy all the shop mounts when they release.
    A CE is not a good chunk. You are not a whale and I bet you've bought a CE. A whale has always been a person that spends a lot of money on a game. It has never been a person that buys a collectors edition.

A CE is not a good chunk. You are not a whale and I bet you've bought a CE. A whale has always been a person that spends a lot of money on a game. It has never been a person that buys a collectors edition.
    Ok well since you're clearly not willing to see any point other than your own(As usual), I'm not going to bother continuing this debate. It's blatantly clear the real reason Blizzard disabled the emote but if you want to die on your hill then so be it.