Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Good riddance! The /spit emote was always nasty when used to insult opponents in PvP. I don't know why it was implemented in the first place or why it wasn't removed years ago when everyone saw how it was used. I hope it is disabled when interacting with players in World of Warcraft as well.
    yeah, nothing better to get ganked by five sweats out of nowhere who jump and spit until you disable WM forever. it was always a disrespectful emote.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    yeah, nothing better to get ganked by five sweats out of nowhere who jump and spit until you disable WM forever. it was always a disrespectful emote.
    OK, and? That's just how the game works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Lmao can't wait for them to remove all emotes against players then. Can't have players have any effective way of voicing disapproval of Blizzard's actions. Literally the only reason why'd care enough to do this bullshit.

Here's a list of emotes you can use instead of /spit:

/angry
    /attacktarget
    /blame
    /cringe
    /frown
    /glare
    /golfclap
    /groan
    /insult
    /incoming
    /lol
    /rofl
    /mock
    /shoo
    /pity
    /snicker
    /stink
    /surprised

and if you want to continue using /spit, make a macro like this:

/point
    /spit

makes it clear your spit is meant for them.
    Custom /e emotes literally exist, you can just script the same spit emote yourself
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-07-31 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Custom /e emotes literally exist, you can just scrip the same spit emote yourself
    But they don't work as well; especially not in ganking situations.

It's amazing how many who haven't thought about that.

I never use this emote on someone, but maybe cause I'm just older now. I'm pretty sure I used it in my early twenties if I was gangganking someone with friends. It's just how many people are at that age.

Blizzard is just treating the symptoms, and when they have started taking away spit, they have carved them self into a corner, cause now they need to remove a lot more. /flirt is next, and some jokes too. Eventually people might just go to asian mmos if they strip away too much.

What happened to be thick skinned and move on from unstable people? Are we moving towards being as sensitive as the priest leaders in the past?

remove /spit
    but keep and promote the most toxic community in wow boosters and buyers

Imagine being offended by in-game emote that you can literally turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Because the parameters are different. You're not ACTUALLY killing anyone - they come back to life immediately, no harm done. But the emotional damage done by toxic behaviors has real and lasting consequences. Characters dying in-game does not.

This isn't about what's being done to CHARACTERS, it's about what's being done to PLAYERS.
    I think it is the most cringe response i've ever seen on this forum, holy f.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I think it is the most cringe response i've ever seen on this forum, holy f.
    You want to elaborate on that?

What, precisely, is the problem with stopping people from engaging in a trend of virtual mass-bullying? Or is this just a case of "just get over it" being the solution to everything, because since it doesn't bother you it clearly means other people have no right to be bothered by it.

And just to be clear (because it's come up earlier): this isn't my personal opinion. I don't agree with what Blizzard is doing. But I get WHY they are doing it.

This company is just clueless. Yeah sure, change the game because there's internal BS going on at the company.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's funny to see Asmon's tweet in this topic, since he is the single biggest reason why some braindead people were spitting on Phase-Hunter owners.
    Last edited by Zka; 2021-07-31 at 09:52 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, kind of hilarious that Blizzard are the ones acting like Bill Cosby wannabes, yet its the Players who are going to be slammed by over the top "anti-toxicity" tech.

this is soo stupid... you should fire the employee that commited sexual harassment and had toxic beauvoir with his co-workers.

/spit is not harassment its just a game, wow players dont walk the streets spiting people, and sure not sexual harassing woman.

they cant be 1 day without making something stupid... keep in truck Bliz

The world is safe now hurray.

besides, who fucking care about the "toxic community"... get out of your shit and play the game

who cares if an anonymous toon say something to you in an stupid game... jeeez snowflakes everywhere

just throw down the game and lets get something better to do

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    LOL you can kill another player, you just can't spit on them!
    You can kill other players, dance on their corpse, let their corpse explode and stab the remains with a spiritual knife to suck the soul of the mush you leave behind. But don't you dare spit on our cash cows

With the 17 year long faction language barrier I think it is stupid to touch the emote system for what ever reasons.

The community did not harass anyone at blizzard, I dont get why game changes are implemented for things that happened at their workplace. How little blizzard employees interact with the game is seen with many of the changes to the game, that no actual player would ever want or wish for. So why is the game targeted for this PR stunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyvamp View Post
    Can we please stop re-posting what random streamers are posting on twitter?
    This. I know 90% of MMO Champ stopped playing ages ago, but it's sick that they keep watching someone playing the game, and care about what this rando has to say. Just step away already.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Anti-Toxicity tech. Ah yes.

Step 1: Remove /spit
    Step 2: Remove any group content
    Step 3: Remove any chat functionality
    Step 4: Make it a 100% single-player game

If they don't end up with Step 4 this game will always have toxicity issues. Removing the spit emote will change NOTHING.
    All this will lead to is people doing other emotes at them.

I'd been /laughing at anyone I see on a store mount for years before I quit. Guess that needs to be removed too. Fart and burp are an invasion of personal space, removed. Flirt is sexist, removed.

Seriously, that cannot be remedied. Toxicity will never go away. As long as people have the anonymity of a keyboard and server communities don't matter, there will be no repercussions to being an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You want to elaborate on that?

What, precisely, is the problem with stopping people from engaging in a trend of virtual mass-bullying? Or is this just a case of "just get over it" being the solution to everything, because since it doesn't bother you it clearly means other people have no right to be bothered by it.

And just to be clear (because it's come up earlier): this isn't my personal opinion. I don't agree with what Blizzard is doing. But I get WHY they are doing it.
    There really are bigger problems in this game, in the company, right now.
    If a line of pre-written text you can easily ignore and move on bothers you so much, I can't imagine you can survive a single 5 man pug wirhout breaking down in tears.

The WoW community, no the Blizzard community, is toxic as hell and removing a stupid emote won't fix that and is in my eyes nothing more than a desperate attempt to save face in the current lawsuit situation

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    What a beautiful take.
    I guess in the light of all the problems caused by climate change, noone will notice or care if I kick a puppy. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    Isn't that just a bit of a fallacious argument, though? It implies that there is a choice between fixing small things and fixing big things - but that's not the case. You can EASILY do both. Them removing /spit is in no way indicative of them not ALSO doing something about other things. To imply that one small thing isn't worth fixing because there's big things, too, just hinders incremental progress; and that's usually the more reliable kind of progress.

I get that for some people it's easy to "just ignore it", but for many other people it's NOT that easy. And just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it's easy for everyone and therefore it doesn't have to be fixed. Not to mention that you can just turn that argument around: "Are you really that bothered just because some random emote got removed? I never even use /spit, I won't miss it one bit. People who get bothered because they lost one emote really need help, they're so fragile!" and so on. Doesn't lead anywhere, does it.