Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Gotcha. Your list isn't all that important when you can ignore it at will depending on what you like or do not like. Not everything is a basic "modern" need. We all make use of a ton of luxury things which is why we can discuss stuff on a fan site for a video game in the first place. But it isn't about doing what is right or wrong. It is about justifying and continuing hate for no reason.

Playing Blizzard games doesn't mean you support sexual harassment. Which is hilarious for you to even say given how you support the harassment of players with an emote. Do you see how that contradicts things?
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    So harassment you agree with is okay to be continued and should be supported. Harassment you don't agree with should stop and shouldn't be supported. Why not just be against all harassment?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Somarlane View Post
    I am genuinely curious if you have the same opinion about the /rude emote. /spit is certainly more visceral of the two, but if the game is losing the rude aspect of /spit... does it not follow that one should remove the actual /rude? We all know that "rude gesture" is the middle-finger. The you're-number-one. The flipping of birdies.
    Emotes were always playful things to me. The "/rude" emote is usually a response to teasing. If the emote were "/rude gesture" then I certainly would.

I don't want to spend a lot of time in this thread but if you wouldn't use an emote on your friend maybe it shouldn't be in the game?

I've never used /rude because I forget it exists but when I suggested my guildmaster has rather strange tastes in mounts and pets (she freakin' does!), she's done that to me.

She's never /spit at me. /Spit is an insult emote. We don't need it. The game won't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    Because they removed an emote that wasn't of any practical use in your logic the next steps lead to the removal of "open" chat in general? Sounds like a really smart assessment of the situation from your side. Really.
    They will do whatever it takes to cover their own ass right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    You can link it to show your dps without shaming others.
    Nobody links dps meters in chat without being asked unless they're using it as a way to shame other players in the party.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Nobody links dps meters in chat without being asked unless they're using it as a way to shame other players in the party.
    Nice projection.

I used it to brag when was 1st. But then, i dont look at other players and their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I used it to brag when was 1st. But then, i dont look at other players and their performance.
    There really is no reason to post meters in chat if nobody asked for it other than to basically shame other people. It's fine to be proud of your own numbers but nobody else cares unless they asked.

There really is no reason to post meters in chat if nobody asked for it other than to basically shame other people. It's fine to be proud of your own numbers but nobody else cares unless they asked.
    Again, nice projection.
    "There is really no reason" is just a cute way to say "I don't like" and pretending that applies to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Again, nice projection.
    "There is really no reason" is just a cute way to say "I don't like" and pretending that applies to everybody.
    No. There literally is absolutely no reason to post meters in chat if nobody asked. Give me ONE good reason to post meters if nobody asked.

How about increasing the dro0p rates in raids you damn twits

No. There literally is absolutely no reason to post meters in chat if nobody asked. Give me ONE good reason to post meters if nobody asked.
    Being proud of your accomplishments and wanting your friends to share. By your logic achievements shouldn't be posted either if nobody asked, or having dropped a very rare item in some lucky run.
    All in all you're just pretending your own selfish dislikes and fragile sensibility should be treated as something universal.

Being proud of your accomplishments and wanting your friends to share. By your logic achievements shouldn't be posted either if nobody asked, or having dropped a very rare item in some lucky run.
    All in all you're just pretending your own selfish dislikes and fragile sensibility should be treated as something universal.
    Friends will typically ask. Posting meters when absolutely nobody asked is literally just you flexing and being annoying. So posting shit in chat to show off when nobody asked for it is just annoying and does nothing but serve as a way for you to try and shame other people.

Spitting is only allowed when you brought buttplugs but forgot the lube.

Hah, how silly of me. A true Blizzard employee never forgets to bring lube.

Friends will typically ask. Posting meters when absolutely nobody asked is literally just you flexing and being annoying. So posting shit in chat to show off when nobody asked for it is just annoying and does nothing but serve as a way for you to try and shame other people.
    "Friends will typically ask"
    Maybe in an offense snowflake culture.
    When me and my pals post meters in chat on our own we never feel we're just "flexing" for the sake of being annoying and pissing people off, when we post a rare achievement or item we just go "goddamn I tried for that for ages" and go on with our business.

Sorry you have shit friends and a shit attitude.
    Last edited by Nimin; 2021-08-03 at 02:01 AM.

This thread is like 80% rhorle who seems to be the only one defending the poor whales. Seems wokeness and unproductiveness goes hand in hand.

"Friends will typically ask"
    Maybe in an offense snowflake culture.
    When me and my pals post meters in chat on our own we never feel we're just "flexing" for the sake of being annoying and pissing people off, when we post a rare achievement or item we just go "goddamn I tried for that for ages" and go on with our business.

Sorry you have shit friends and a shit attitude.
    So in other words, you can't name one legitimate reason to post meters when nobody asked. You wanna do stuff in your small group of friends? Go for it. But expecting everyone in the world to accept things just because your echo chamber does is the epitome of entitled. Hilarious that you are call people "snowflakes" when you are clearly upset just because people don't want to see meters in a group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    This thread is like 80% rhorle who seems to be the only one defending the poor whales. Seems wokeness and unproductiveness goes hand in hand.
    Nah. There's also people like Nimin throwing around ad hominem and calling people snowflakes just because some people are sick of harassment. I think that the removal of the s/pit emote was done to placate the whales as well.

So in other words, you can't name one legitimate reason to post meters when nobody asked.
    I've already given you three.

You wanna do stuff in your small group of friends? Go for it. But expecting everyone in the world to accept things just because your echo chamber does is the epitome of entitled. Hilarious that you are call people "snowflakes" when you are clearly upset just because people don't want to see meters in a group.
    No, expecting the whole world to stop is the epitome of entitled.
    The fact the majority of people does it without a hitch shows that it's you who has issue you should be working on solving, not the world to change to accomodate your paranoia.

You're the one wanting stuff gone, not me. I have no problem living with it... because I'm not a snowflake.
    Last edited by Nimin; 2021-08-03 at 02:08 AM.

I've already given you three.

No, expecting the whole world to stop is the epitome of entitled.
    The fact the majority of people does it without a hitch shows that it's you who has issue you should be working on solving, not the world to change to accomodate your paranoia.
    I asked for a legitimate reason. you've only give your own personal reasons and basically said everyone should be thinking like you. Majority of people DON'T do it without a hitch. The number of times I've been in LFD groups where a person was kicked for posting meters nobody asked for is more than I can count. And I always vote yes to kicking those people. Because it's annoying and is nothing but them trying to flex on strangers or shame them.

Expecting everyone to just accept your actions is ridiculous and entitlement.

I asked for a legitimate reason. you've only give your own personal reasons and basically said everyone should be thinking like you. Majority of people DON'T do it without a hitch. The number of times I've been in LFD groups where a person was kicked for posting meters nobody asked for is more than I can count. And I always vote yes to kicking those people. Because it's annoying and is nothing but them trying to flex on strangers or shame them.

Expecting everyone to just accept your actions is ridiculous and entitlement.
    I don't expect them to accept it, just to live and let live: it's fine not to like it.
    But I'm not a paranoid who thinks everyone posting a meter is out to get me.
    And I don't want to remove anyone who doesn't play the game the way I like either.

You're the entitled baby, not me.
    Last edited by Nimin; 2021-08-03 at 02:32 AM.