Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Abilities Frost Death Knight should have

Frost

Army of the Dead
    Summons a legion of ghouls who swarms your enemies, fighting anything they can for X sec.
    Army of the Dead - Sacrifice
    Sacrificial Pact can now be used on one of your Army of the Dead's Ghouls.
    Frost Presence
    Strengthens you with the presence of Frost, increasing Runic Power generation by X%, and reducing the duration of effects that remove control of your character by Y%.
    Rune Tap
    Reduces all damage taken by X% for Y sec.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-10-23 at 06:33 PM.

i would like a banshee pet instead of a ghoul and army should be a army of spirits instead of zombies, blood should get its dancing rune weapon to be a perma pet and do abilites kinda like remornia does

10+ Year Old Account
    Some kind of frost fog like bolvar used in the shadowlands cinematic would be cool to have.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Some kind of frost fog like bolvar used in the shadowlands cinematic would be cool to have.
    Pretty sure that's Remorseless Winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Remoreless winter doesnt reduce visibility. Would be interesting to fog anarea and only let people see like 5-10meter.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Remoreless winter doesnt reduce visibility. Would be interesting to fog anarea and only let people see like 5-10meter.
    It is that, but a npc hero version of it.

But yes, it would be cool if we got the same version to use for that purpose, for sure!

7+ Year Old Account
    The PvP talent "Shroud of Winter" makes Remorseless Winter kind of do that.
    Last edited by NickFireman; 2021-08-03 at 12:46 AM.

Dancing rune weapon should be baseline across all specs. It has so much potential to synergize with frost and unholy damage mechanics, and blizz could even go the route of making level 60 spec passive that make it more unique for each spec. Maybe as unholy it takes the weapon out of your hands and allows you to stick to a target at range and still hit melee abilities.

Death coil should be baseline and work like a talented hots Arthas instead of death strike.

Remorseless winter reworked as a opposite to windwalking? Then add flavour talents that synergies with it like adding stacks to be obliterated on targets or even a mechanic altogether that makes frost deal more damage to a target the greater deviation there is in movement speeds of yourself and the target.

Cool concepts. The #1 thing I would like to see for Frost is actually remorseless winter aoe stun like it did in MoP.
    It was a much different spell back then, but considering the theme of the spell, I think they should at least have some hard roots.
    Frost MAGE is all about roots and slows, so I see no reason that Frost DK shouldn't be able to have something that indicates that is indeed frost everywhere.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Id love to see "Hungering Cold" return.
    Id also like to see some utility moved from the Blood tree to the class tree. Mainly, I want Bonestorm as a class Capstone and Empowered Rune weapon made baseline again like it has been for 16 years. I think all Capstones should be new and exciting abilities.

Thanks for your post, it's very helpful

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    i would like a banshee pet instead of a ghoul and army should be a army of spirits instead of zombies, blood should get its dancing rune weapon to be a perma pet and do abilites kinda like remornia does
    Those are cool ideas! I loved remornia!

I liked conversion alot back in Mop, just the idea your runic power can be used for heals other then this lame version of death strike.

offtopic, but I still wish blood had a dps option to go with it.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-07-12 at 08:44 PM.

I would really like a Syndragosa/frost dragon as a combat pet, not just a cool down put a perma pet with spells that interact with our core abilities.
    But only as a talent, I don't want at as a base. I want to be able to chose to have a pet frost dragon over something else. It would not be fun to be forced to play it.

A version of Glacial Advance that isn't so underwhelming.

Honestly i like the idea to have frost focus more on "clean" undeath - skeletons, spirits, gargoyles, etc., though the ghoul should remain an option of course.
    Let Unholy go for the more disgusting stuff.
    Blood? Perma dancing weapon, gargoyles, revendreth-inspired stuff and perhaps even something inspired by the WC3 Obsidian Destroyers. Could also try to fit in some optional connection to the old gods here, since their blood (such as saronite) can be extremely potent and DK related.

As to frost in general i'd like something akin to black ice; let enemies "slide" like in the ice spider encounter, while allowing you more control. As an added effect standing still too long freezes a player to that spot. Maybe as a pvp talent?

Another thing i feel is underutilised is how cold can cause moisture to erupt from a container - think of a beer bottle left in the freezer. This also happens in nature when forests freeze too swiftly and the veins on trees erupt, splitting it open from within. "Frozen blood eruption" or somesuch? Mechanically it'd have to involve building up cold to unleash on a "warm" target, so it would be something of an opener/switcher, possibly reducing healing.

Then there is that feeling of cutting ice, that sharpness, that is somehow missing from the toolkit, even frost strike feels too "blunt". It would have to work both mechanically and aesthetically; maybe something that partially bypasses or mitigates shields and defensives (though i would imagine dodgeing, parrying or evading would work). Could also make it AoE come think of it, perhaps a thin (sharp after all) line launched from behind the user to the front after a short delay?
    Wouldn't have to be overly damageing, maybe even just as a side-procc, make it feel as "wading through sharp ice" if you neglect to dodge.
    Would add to the DK fantasy too by motivating your target to keep dodging you, thus leaving you in control as a dominating presence, sort of.
    "Ice blades" could work as a name.

Then finally something involving not just the cold but also the preserving dryness is missing "dry freeze", i imagine this to be mutually exclusive with remorseless winter / sindragosa's breath being active. Perhaps a simple shift in offensive / defensive balance in the vicinity of the DK would suffice; enemies "crack" while the death knight "hardens" or something. I'd imagine it to be an AoE, fairly short lasting with decent cd and just a pretty "glacier glare" or "sunrise over frozen lakes" sort of visual.
    Last edited by loras; 2023-07-19 at 02:33 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Sounds like s/he wants a DK version of smoke bomb

Spec needs to be more "frosty" looking in general. Regardless Dk class needs a fantasy expansion, they should lean more on Shadowlands stuff to include. Like Revendreath for blood.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockstaar View Post
    Sounds like s/he wants a DK version of smoke bomb
    Idk how this could work, but having something that puts you into a frosty zone, movement speed slowed and unable to see much distance would be pretty cool.

Targetable spell on the ground, remorseless winter animation on steroids. In this dome of winter all target abilities and spells range will be reduced to melee range and your view distance is lowered to 10 yards or so, movement speed reduced by 60/70%. Maybe at a 2sec disortient at the start.

Frost should have a little bit more control imo, this will allow the dk to control the target more, run around the winter dome to find the perfect opportunity to hit, while the enemy is still confused where you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Spec needs to be more "frosty" looking in general. Regardless Dk class needs a fantasy expansion, they should lean more on Shadowlands stuff to include. Like Revendreath for blood.
    It's a shame they didn't really dive into our specs in SL, story wise I mean. Many had hoped we would get some answers for the blood curse, mainly the san'layn faction in ICC, which had wings that represented those magics. It's still kinda vague how the lich king was able to raise dead with this curse, crimson eyes, but was also able to raise normal deathknights with blue eyes. The deathknight you play is unable to have crimson eyes, even tho this is the only real blood spec we are able to play. Darkfallen as they now call all undead elves, still raises theses questions. For example is it the same curse as the Vrykul Vampyr and vampyr humans in stormheim?, which also make it seem that this is also not a Darkfallen or rather San'layn/dark ranger thing only. The crimson eyes so far are only available for elves.

Right now we can assume it's from Revendeath, but it was never mentioned specifically, nor was it called blood, but Anima. Which could still mean the same thing tho, unclear as well since Any color of anima, was just called anima and not called differently per covenant.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-07-20 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Idk how this could work, but having something that puts you into a frosty zone, movement speed slowed and unable to see much distance would be pretty cool.

Targetable spell on the ground, remorseless winter animation on steroids. In this dome of winter all target abilities and spells range will be reduced to melee range and your view distance is lowered to 10 yards or so, movement speed reduced by 60/70%. Maybe at a 2sec disortient at the start.

Frost should have a little bit more control imo, this will allow the dk to control the target more, run around the winter dome to find the perfect opportunity to hit, while the enemy is still confused where you are.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a shame they didn't really dive into our specs in SL, story wise I mean. Many had hoped we would get some answers for the blood curse, mainly the san'layn faction in ICC, which had wings that represented those magics. It's still kinda vague how the lich king was able to raise dead with this curse, crimson eyes, but was also able to raise normal deathknights with blue eyes. The deathknight you play is unable to have crimson eyes, even tho this is the only real blood spec we are able to play. Darkfallen as they now call all undead elves, still raises theses questions. For example is it the same curse as the Vrykul Vampyr and vampyr humans in stormheim?, which also make it seem that this is also not a Darkfallen or rather San'layn/dark ranger thing only. The crimson eyes so far are only available for elves.

Right now we can assume it's from Revendeath, but it was never mentioned specifically, nor was it called blood, but Anima. Which could still mean the same thing tho, unclear as well since Any color of anima, was just called anima and not called differently per covenant.
    Biggest wasted potential for Dks, Shadowlands is the source of DKs power supposedly. Im personally fine with that but they didnt do anything with it..... Imagine going to the Titan home realm or something and not doing anything for mages or the "lifelands" and not doing druid stuff. They could have gotten plenty of ideas and themes for DK stuff in the future, who knows maybe they did.

Its prolly all from Revendreath in someway or another and anima is the "lifeblood" while dead so thats prolly why everything becomes blood based in everywhere except the shadowlands for cursed based "feasting" style beasts and beings.

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    See I think they have enough Frost and needs more Death in their kit.

Like since unholy has ghouls and skeletons, the more physical aspects of death, Frost should have ghosts and souls, be the more spiritual aspect of death.