Even the bbc reporting on blizzards woes …

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58017429

It’s pretty bad… I wonder how they react?personally, I think it’s time to go back to the grass roots reboot wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard need to sort themselves out as a company first, before trying to sort out WoW. One thing at a time basically instead of trying to do it all at once and doing a half arsed job.

That said the fact people are still paying a subscription while they'll be needing to sort themselves out, and eventually the game as well, is an issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post
    reboot wow.
    No amount of reboots will make WoW work with the current dev team.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

It’s pretty bad… I wonder how they react?personally, I think it’s time to go back to the grass roots reboot wow.
    You seem surprised that the BBC is covering the news? WoW is an international game

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    You seem surprised that the BBC is covering the news? WoW is an international game
    LoL is an international game as well but I don't remember the BBC reporting on the sexual harassment complaints publicly brought against them. Not saying it didn't happen. I just don't recall seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    LoL is an international game as well but I don't remember the BBC reporting on the sexual harassment complaints publicly brought against them. Not saying it didn't happen. I just don't recall seeing it.
    It's probably because Riot hasn't made scandals as huge as Blizzard has for the past few years. That whole incident with Hearthstone and China put them on the world's stage of stooges to shit on.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    As far as the news is concerned...there are sexual harassment complaints and then there is a colossal, stock destroying, reputational suicide, mismanagement of an official response to your employees and a government inquiry into how shitty your workplace is.

The BBC is also probably thinking "this big corporation is actually getting sued by the government in a country known, to the rest of the west, for it's shitty labor laws. Thing's must have been really bloody horrendous in that workplace."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I think Blizzard need to sort themselves out as a company first, before trying to sort out WoW. One thing at a time basically instead of trying to do it all at once and doing a half arsed job.

That said the fact people are still paying a subscription while they'll be needing to sort themselves out, and eventually the game as well, is an issue to me.
    if companies worked like that we would still be in stone age

or maybe if it was a family business with 5 ppl involved it would work

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    As far as the news is concerned...there are sexual harassment complaints and then there is a colossal, stock destroying, reputational suicide, mismanagement of an official response to your employees and a government inquiry into how shitty your workplace is.

The BBC is also probably thinking "this big corporation is actually getting sued by the government in a country known, to the rest of the west, for it's shitty labor laws. Thing's must have been really bloody horrendous in that workplace."
    I didn't even think of it from that angle. That makes perfect sense, actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    if companies worked like that we would still be in stone age

or maybe if it was a family business with 5 ppl involved it would work
    Well okay, true, I merely meant they have bigger issues to solve primarily than WoW.

What does rebooting wow have anything to do with this?
    "Sexual harrasments and poor workplace conditions? Time to reboot WoW"...huh?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

1. Every year pages like reddit were slowly filling with ex-WoW player that couldn't let go. Many of them so obnoxious that people actually liking game started avoid these sites.
    2. There was ticking bomb with investigation and Blizzard HQ knew it will blow up some day.
    3. Dudes that just play game and entertain people were elevated to some expert status by people who watched them. Many of them were WoW fanatics who NEVER quit game.
    4. Blizzard made expansion with least amount of required stuff to do outside harder content - after initial success many casuals quit, they simply couldn't progress their chars outside comfort zone they didn't want to leave.
    5. Covid and delays that stroke many game studios.

And it all blow up at once.

I still think it's a good thing. WoW needs a purge. Not only devs and executives who thinks same tricks will bring people every time. I'm talking also about jaded community and youtubers/streamers who fill their needs for daily WoW hate.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not particularly surprised that BBC (which is mostly drama filled pseudo-Journalism) also jumped on the Blizzard shit as well. Especially their Technology section.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58017429It’s pretty bad… I wonder how they react?personally, I think it’s time to go back to the grass roots reboot wow.
    Rebooting won't satisfy anyone. All of the oldtimers who made your favorite Blizzard games have long since gone, or they don't have notable influence in the company anymore (ie Samwise Didier). The Blizzard you loved is long since dead. Even if the current guys get their act together, they're not going to make games like the ones you loved as a kid. Let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What does rebooting wow have anything to do with this?
    "Sexual harrasments and poor workplace conditions? Time to reboot WoW"...huh?
    This is this and that is that.

Let's not kid ourselves, the lawsuits and controversies are bad, but it's not what really makes people leave games.

Taking Shadowlands, for instance - the no.1 biggest issue of Shadowlands is simply that 9.0 overstayed its welcome for a good 3 months and 9.1 seems sort of timid on world content - it has a good raid and fun megadungeon, but Korthia, IMO, is just too weak and that's what majority of population actually does.

If 9.1 will be another 8 months patch, it will be a BIG trouble. WoW does not need a "reboot" or nonsense like that, it simply needs 9.2 and 10.0 to be kickass and it is possible, because the very same Ion and the team are also ones who made 8.2, which is one of the best patches with insane amount of content WoW had ever. And in large are also responsible for Legion, which despite various noise and shortcomings, was a great expansion overall.

The lawsuit, like many others will simmer, spike a few more times, get settled and ultimately forgotten. It's not what break WoW. What will make or break WoW is few next patches. In any case WoW is not going to die next 10 years, but it will decide its path.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This is this and that is that.

Let's not kid ourselves, the lawsuits and controversies are bad, but it's not what really makes people leave games.

Taking Shadowlands, for instance - the no.1 biggest issue of Shadowlands is simply that 9.0 overstayed its welcome for a good 3 months and 9.1 seems sort of timid on world content - it has a good raid and fun megadungeon, but Korthia, IMO, is just too weak and that's what majority of population actually does.

If 9.1 will be another 8 months patch, it will be a BIG trouble. WoW does not need a "reboot" or nonsense like that, it simply needs 9.2 and 10.0 to be kickass and it is possible, because the very same Ion and the team are also ones who made 8.2, which is one of the best patches with insane amount of content WoW had ever. And in large are also responsible for Legion, which despite various noise and shortcomings, was a great expansion overall.

The lawsuit, like many others will simmer, spike a few more times, get settled and ultimately forgotten. It's not what break WoW. What will make or break WoW is few next patches. In any case WoW is not going to die next 10 years, but it will decide its path.
    EH, we'll see... People bark loudly, but SL did great in Q1... Q2 will soon be reported. Current debacle won't show up in it. But it will at least shine some light to how patch 9.0 affected WoW. If history is to go by I don't think WoW is in as much trouble as these forums harp on about.

To add to this thread. I think this is just another thread that tries to use a tragedy for others to fuel their own desires.
    "You did bad for others? Time to do these things FOR ME to rectify it!!!". It's gross tbh.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    And you know what 'great' Legion had to offer for world content after 7 months? Suramar 9 chapter campaign from 7.1 and Broken Shore from 7.2. Not to mention Argus wasn't anything special from gameplay perspective as well. Overall Legion patch zones were inferior to MoP, BfA and Korthia already make SL looks better.

It's all about context and theme. Legion and Wrath were released in right moment and they both culminated story that we waited for years. SL introduced villain out of blue and came in literally worst moment.

10+ Year Old Account

Huh! British taxpayers' money spent to its finest level!
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    And you know what 'great' Legion had to offer for world content after 7 months? Suramar 9 chapter campaign from 7.1 and Broken Shore from 7.2. Not to mention Argus wasn't anything special from gameplay perspective as well. Overall Legion patch zones were inferior to MoP, BfA and Korthia already make SL looks better.

It's all about context and theme. Legion and Wrath were released in right moment and they both culminated story that we waited for years. SL introduced villain out of blue and came in literally worst moment.
    First of all, Suramar is practically the single greatest zone WoW had ever - amazing city, amazing lore, amazing NPCs, great questing. Fite me.

I'd wish Korthia was frikking 1/4 of the zone Suramar was... "City" of Secrets - the biggest secret is "where the fuck is the city?"

Secondly 7.2 was Broken Shore, which was about same as Korthia IMO, but it also came with Mage Tower and people loved the SHIT out mage tower. It came with class mounts, it relieved much of AP and legendary issues and so on and so forth.

It's like think - 9.1 ok you get Korthia, but if you'd get something like Mage Tower too, how much better it would be?

So yes the great Legion was mostly pretty damn great. It was a genuinely good expansion with genuinely great and innovative content, which especially contrasted with Snorelords of Borenor.

Now Shadowlands is actually not too bad as 9.0, it just lasted too damn long. But 9.1 is quite frankly, raid aside, is a very weak patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a thread in General Off-Topic for discussion of the California State Lawsuit against Blizzard. Please comment there. There are many threads in this forum on how to improve, reboot WoW or a WoW 2.0.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-By-California

Closing.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-08-01 at 08:40 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."