Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    With this I agree, I don't remember pre legion healers to dps. Though right now it should be a common practice that when a healing is not constantly needed that healer is helping with offensive spells and abilities.
    maybe you played with bad healers ?

just saying.

in raids ofc they didnt dps because the moment you didnt need that extra healing healers were forced to swap to dps off-spec by the end of traditional 10 mans raiding 2-2-6 comp was pretty standard once progression was over. and even 2-1-7 on some easier bosses when heals could manage. thats for example how guild i raided with was doing hc garosh farm in soo - with 2-1-7 comp

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    Tanks dealing 1k dps as part of their role yes, tanks doing 3k-4k dps is not part of their role, its using skills they otherwise doesnt have to use. Dps mitigating dmg is also part of dps role, healer dpsing is also part of its role. Its people vs environment. If your point is, that tank has to gather resources therefore he uses his dmg abilitys then healers do the same? Ashen hollow, resto druid necro ability, priest kyrian ability? To name a few. Therefore its part of their kit and rotation to deal damage.

- - - Updated - - -

In pugs its mostly dps def cd first rage, healer ones 2nd. Unless a healer tells otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

I have had twice a holy paladin on mist who never used ashen on first boss at 19. If asked why not "theres nothing to heal".

- - - Updated - - -

During cata, some healers regenerated mana trough dealing damage like for example resto shaman had an ability called "lightning strike" which after you hit someone with it gave you 1-2% mana. So during downtimes, you used it to regenerate your mana. Usually you popped mana tide and spammed it. (Also, dragon souls, spine of deathwing, healers were expected to burst the thingy that connected the plates also)
    Glyph of Telluric Currents, 2% mana when lightning bolt strikes an enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Ignore him, he literally can't read. He thinks killing the first Mythic boss counts as "working on progging Mythic" despite the fact that people have killed the first Mythic boss of every raid literally since Mythic became a thing, because it's always a loot pinata boss.
    If you really want to go that route my total progress time to get 8/10 would be about 2 months of 9 hour raid weeks, but it does actually count from the first mythic kill because thats when you started mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    snip
    The problem is not healers doing damage, its that the content for the healers then suffers and then becomes too easy and boring when you can spend at least half the time doing damage, the damage rotations for dps are not even that exciting most of the time but for healers its even more boring.

I have no issues with doing damage as a healer myself, i would want mechanics that could compliment the healer doing damage, a shaman getting an extra totem that could save up healing from previous damage done, it then adds a much better reason for doing damage instead of it just being expected.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-09-01 at 12:42 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    "dps mitigating dmg is also part of dps role" - rubbish - it absolutely is NOT part of the role of dps - it is part of the game, but in no way is it specific to DPS at all. It is an expectation of ALL players that they mitigate damage were possible, and that hasnt changed since day 1 - the same cannot be said for healers being EXPECTED to dps.
    Let me broaden that out too. It is an expectation that ALL players remain engaged and contribute to the group while in combat (and out, if the group needs healing before the next pull)- DPS and tanks don't stop until the mobs are dead- the healer doesn't get to take a break either. The idea that healers wouldn't add damage during times of low healing requirements is what is bonkers. EVERY group member consistently contributes, and for the healer, that means adding damage when there isn't much incoming damage (and they don't need to prepare for an upcoming major damage event). The expectation that all group members contribute has never really changed. However...

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    the people im discussing this issue with claim it has ALWAYS been an EXPECTATION that healers dps during dungeons and raids - since Vanilla - this is the point i am saying is absolutely false.
    ...you're right here, since there was this thing called the 5-second rule. A healer running low on mana had to stop spending mana entirely in order for in-combat regen to kick in, so spending mana on damage spells actually got in the way of their capacity to heal. We no longer have that 5-second rule, and healers all have a mana-neutral damage rotation- in today's game, there is zero excuse for a healer not contributing damage during down time. I've sort of gotten the feeling that a lot of the resistance to this notion comes from 'old-school' players that came out of the five-second rule era.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Rubim View Post
    He has proven time and time again that he does not understands what he asks.

Even if its an unpopular opinion. It's the same for people wanting Tier Sets back without understanding how that will affect your weekly chest, aka, it will make some slots useless, similar to how Domination Sockets make some slots useless. Diminishes the value of Mythic+ as well.
    and rightfuly i hope they separate m+ gear liekthey did with pvp gear so the best raid gear come from raids cba of spaming vaults on 2 split alts and 1 main 30x keys a week whenever a new patch drops

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I want actual content that challenges a healers actual healing ability, that would then make mythic plus possibly more fun also not just raid content so it is you who doesnt understand, as it stands most of the time players do the bare min of mythic plus as required, then there is a very very small number of players that actually push keys or do more keys than they need to because the content just doesnt reward players for doing it.

If you actually read what i said, a WF raider is not better than any other mythic raider that is capable of clearing CE content, i didnt just say any player with too much time on thier hands, they have to have a baseline of ability to clear all the content. WF raiders make just as many mistakes as everyone else.

Also the fights only use about half of a healers actual full potential, the fights are just not designed about actually test a healers healing skill at all. Healers are already overhealing 50-60% on average and dont even have full 252 gear.
    imagine comparing CE with top 1-50 raiding its like day and night, killing 15% nerfed bosses with 25 more ilvl and bis gear kekw ma dude i would love to see you in our raid falling apart
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    imagine comparing CE with top 1-50 raiding its like day and night, killing 15% nerfed bosses with 25 more ilvl and bis gear kekw ma dude i would love to see you in our raid falling apart
    WF players are not special, skill is easy to get in WoW, having the time to play WoW alot is the hard part, plus they kill the content with more than enough gear as it is, sylvannas was killed with around 10 ilvl under what the content rewards but the content is not tuned that tight in the first place, and the bosses are not nerfed they are fixed to be what they were meant to be since blizz suck at balance.

WF players are not special, skill is easy to get in WoW, having the time to play WoW alot is the hard part, plus they kill the content with more than enough gear as it is, sylvannas was killed with around 10 ilvl under what the content rewards but the content is not tuned that tight in the first place, and the bosses are not nerfed they are fixed to be what they were meant to be since blizz suck at balance.
    tell me you trolling cuz unlike you green parsed clown i do the content in the top 50 range you hardstucked on slg, the giga nerfed slg that even my alt has cleaed in a weekend 1 night 4 hr raid guild while you had the raid extended get down to were you belong you radom wr 5k raider
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    tell me you trolling cuz unlike you green parsed clown i do the content in the top 50 range you hardstucked on slg, the giga nerfed slg that even my alt has cleaed in a weekend 1 night 4 hr raid guild while you had the raid extended get down to were you belong you radom wr 5k raider
    Unlike you im barely even trying to clear the content, dont get so high and mighty just because you have motivation to actually play an average game, and think you are something special when you are no better than most other mythic raiders.

Unlike you im barely even trying to clear the content, dont get so high and mighty just because you have motivation to actually play an average game, and think you are something special when you are no better than most other mythic raiders.
    The difference in skill between top 50 and top 100 is massive, let alone WF to late CE. If the dude above is World top 50, that trumps anything you've achieved in the game by a huge margin. (On a side note, I suspect the only aspect of "skill" you are considering is mechanical execution - this probably where you've gone wrong. Proper preparation and understanding of the game, and the ability to convert that into quick learning and performance is most certainly an aspect of skill)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    The difference in skill between top 50 and top 100 is massive, let alone WF to late CE. If the dude above is World top 50, that trumps anything you've achieved in the game by a huge margin. (On a side note, I suspect the only aspect of "skill" you are considering is mechanical execution - this probably where you've gone wrong. Proper preparation and understanding of the game, and the ability to convert that into quick learning and performance is most certainly an aspect of skill)
    If you want to believe they are special then go ahead, but anyone that can actually play thier class and has an ability to learn can do the same, if i had the motivation and time i could do the same if i wanted just like any other skilled mythic raider, WF guilds pay for PvP boosts and such just to get an edge in gear, they spend 500 million just for one week, while all other guilds do it the normal way.

If you want to believe they are special then go ahead, but anyone that can actually play thier class and has an ability to learn can do the same, if i had the motivation and time i could do the same if i wanted just like any other skilled mythic raider, WF guilds pay for PvP boosts and such just to get an edge in gear, they spend 500 million just for one week, while all other guilds do it the normal way.
    Consider our two view points here:
    - my position is that the WF raiders are substantially ahead in holistic skill than even most CE raiders
    - your position is that they aren't that skilled and the primary difference between them and other raiders (and by inference, yourself) is time commitment.

Of the two of us, its far more likely that you are believing what you want to believe. Did you know a lot of these WF guys (the ones without big streams) play a lot less WoW than your average late CE raider? According to the LimitMax a lot of them take a very seasonal approach to WoW. Hell, there are loads of people in my guild who seem to practically live in the game. They are no scrubs, but they aren't anywhere near the WF raiders. Furthermore, there are loads of people who are willing to put in the time to get where those guys are (being paid to play WoW is certainly something that a lot of people want) - but they won't, and its not because they didn't put in the hours. But hey, you've never done any difficult content so you wouldn't know how hard it is to get to their level.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    Consider our two view points here:
    - my position is that the WF raiders are substantially ahead in holistic skill than even most CE raiders
    - your position is that they aren't that skilled and the primary difference between them and other raiders (and by inference, yourself) is time commitment.

Of the two of us, its far more likely that you are believing what you want to believe. Did you know a lot of these WF guys (the ones without big streams) play a lot less WoW than your average late CE raider? According to the LimitMax a lot of them take a very seasonal approach to WoW. Hell, there are loads of people in my guild who seem to practically live in the game. They are no scrubs, but they aren't anywhere near the WF raiders. Furthermore, there are loads of people who are willing to put in the time to get where those guys are (being paid to play WoW is certainly something that a lot of people want) - but they won't, and its not because they didn't put in the hours. But hey, you've never done any difficult content so you wouldn't know how hard it is to get to their level.
    When did i say they were not skilled, i said they are no more skilled than any other raider that can clear the content in the same amount of attempts, they play a ton of WoW in a world first race.

They are also raiding around 14-16 hour days, by the time the race is over they have done the equivelant of around 3 months progress for a normal mythic guild, so when they clear it they can just raid a little as needed.

So what do you consider hard content, was ragnaros hc not hard when it was released with over 500 attempts before a kill, garrosh took over 600 attempts, and yoggy 0 took over 500 attempts, i wouldnt consider any boss dying sub 200 attempts to be much of a challenge at all, do you honestly think those fights were not considered hard content when WF guilds took so many attempts to kill them, so you can quit the BS about not doing any hard content, because at this point you are just trying to throw insults for the sake of it.

They are also raiding around 14-16 hour days, by the time the race is over they have done the equivelant of around 3 months progress for a normal mythic guild, so when they clear it they can just raid a little as needed.
    Good job in ignoring the fact, that they do the content with less gear, not leveled shards, worse set bonus than the guilds who clear the content 3 month later.
    They are better players than most of the other CE players. Are some players from more casual CE guilds WF material also? For sure, but most CE players are not.

Echo killed Sylvanas with an ilv of 242, and since they could not farm the currency to upgrade the shards for the domination sockets they also played with low level shards, which is HUGE. You can be sure, that guilds who clear SoD 3 month later have an way higher ilv and Rank5 shards/set bonus. Plus most ppl wont be able to even play that long that concentrated.

But how could you know, if you dont even play or do current content.

But i can give you, that you are highly entertaining, i love that. This thread is pure gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tubben View Post
    Good job in ignoring the fact, that they do the content with less gear, not leveled shards, worse set bonus than the guilds who clear the content 3 month later.
    They are better players than most of the other CE players. Are some players from more casual CE guilds WF material also? For sure, but most CE players are not.

Echo killed Sylvanas with an ilv of 242, and since they could not farm the currency to upgrade the shards for the domination sockets they also played with low level shards, which is HUGE. You can be sure, that guilds who clear SoD 3 month later have an way higher ilv and Rank5 shards/set bonus. Plus most ppl wont be able to even play that long that concentrated.

But how could you know, if you dont even play or do current content.

But i can give you, that you are highly entertaining, i love that. This thread is pure gold
    learning mechanics means much more than a little gear, they had more than enough gear required to clear the content as its not even designed around having 252 or higher, domination sockets and 10 ilvl dont help much compared to doing the mechanics properly.

I have done plenty of WoWs content while it was current and a few bosses of which are still in the top 10 for most difficult for even the WF guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    A healer that's standing around doing nothing waiting for something to heal is a player who is slacking.
    I guess it depend what class you play. As a Resto Druid I benefit tremendously from Mastery. The benefit from mastery stacks based on the number of HoTs that you have on a target, and when a target is fully loaded up with HoTs, the amount of healing increase you get is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, trying to shift a full stack of HoTs from one person to another is like trying to steer the Titanic. It helps to plan ahead as much as possible... That means, in many cases, casting HoTs on people before they even take damage. Even on fights where I don't cast a single damage spell, I still have over 99% active time. I usually have the tank fully loaded with HoTs before the fight even begins. So it's certainly not a given that just because a healer didn't DPS, that they were "standing around doing nothing" . Maybe that is more applicable to healers that primarily heal via direct heals using a reactionary play-style.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    I guess it depend what class you play. As a Resto Druid I benefit tremendously from Mastery. The benefit from mastery stacks based on the number of HoTs that you have on a target, and when a target is fully loaded up with HoTs, the amount of healing increase you get is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, trying to shift a full stack of HoTs from one person to another is like trying to steer the Titanic. It helps to plan ahead as much as possible... That means, in many cases, casting HoTs on people before they even take damage. Even on fights where I don't cast a single damage spell, I still have over 99% active time. I usually have the tank fully loaded with HoTs before the fight even begins. So it's certainly not a given that just because a healer didn't DPS, that they were "standing around doing nothing" . Maybe that is more applicable to healers that primarily heal via direct heals using a reactionary play-style.
    If you're applying HoTs you're not standing around doing nothing. You're applying HoTs. Even resto druids have opportunities to DPS though, at least to apply sunfire and moonfire.