Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Lightbulb WoW pvp is the best pvp ever created. But I can't pvp unless I grind 12 hours a day.

    My favorite thing ever is to jump on my Mage and push 30 buttons with my left hand, kicking ass while steering with my right hand. But I have a life so I literally cannot ever pvp again. I wish I could jump onto a wow PVP Bg at the end of my work day and fight a couple of rounds. I wish they would create a grindless version of PVP. Theres no point in having gear levels in the quick mode. Just have every class equal item lvl and have the game designers balance the classes after that. I would like to jump on a rogue and have a difficult battle with a paladin. Or get on a frost mage and fight with my skills and not die because of my item lvl. It would literally be the most popular PC game of all time if they did this and created it with wow 2.0. The current design is so outdated because you cant ever have a fair fight unless you spend all your waking hours of the day grinding gear just to stay even with everyone else. I find it very disappointing that Im a good pvp player and I cant even play the game because of the idiots who designed it that way.

  2. #2
    Personally I would love to be able to do just that but WoW is a MMORPG before all and implementing a feature like this outside of the limited tournament style would only make the grind the regular mmorpg crowd goes through, futile. Private servers aren't ideal but I did always find them enjoyable for this purpose.

  3. #3
    They tried templates years ago in Legion.

    The loud PvP twits hated them because they couldn’t grind all the gears to kill noobs with.

    Templates, however, we’re a godsend for people who had skill but no time to grind.

  4. #4
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    They tried templates years ago in Legion.

    The loud PvP twits hated them because they couldn’t grind all the gears to kill noobs with.

    Templates, however, we’re a godsend for people who had skill but no time to grind.
    Unfortunately a lot of people find it fun if you can't kill people in 2 seconds flat....me on the other hand I prefer a epic battle and a challenge. They think PvP is about destroying newbs, party like it was a hard fought battle, then say you suck
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    They tried templates years ago in Legion.

    The loud PvP twits hated them because they couldn’t grind all the gears to kill noobs with.

    Templates, however, we’re a godsend for people who had skill but no time to grind.
    Templates still advantaged people who did do the grind, though. People seem to not recall that templates still scaled up with your gear, just not quite as hard as it normally did.

    If they existed in Legion, there'd still be quite a damage/healing/hp disparity between a 'template' with 220 ilvl, versus one with 240.

  6. #6
    WoW pvp is the best pvp ever created
    What did I just read?

  7. #7
    Epic! Uoyredrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, USA
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    They tried templates years ago in Legion.

    The loud PvP twits hated them because they couldn’t grind all the gears to kill noobs with.

    Templates, however, we’re a godsend for people who had skill but no time to grind.
    Except you still had to ap grind for your weapon if you wanted to be competitive. Plus legion was by far the worst expansion for world pvp.

  8. #8
    As long as it's MMO it's not going to happen. That said, I don't think SL is really bad unless you want to play 10 chars and raid and do M+ at the same time. Really. You can get all of your gear from PvP, so you don't have to PvE. You don't have to farm PvP too, just a weekly conquest cap and rated for vault. Then you only need to get renown (which is quite easy), conduits (that might be more or less demanding but you don't need highest level conduits to be competitive) and legendary. Legendary might be expensive but having rank 4 is like 3 weeks of Torghast and it's good enough to get gladiator.

    So to sum it up, you don't have to play 12h a day in my opinion. If you just put a little effort at the start to catch up on renown, conquest cap and clear torghast you're set well enough to enjoy PvP.

  9. #9
    No thanks. The game is about character/power progression before anything else.

  10. #10
    Banned docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    3,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    They tried templates years ago in Legion.

    The loud PvP twits hated them because they couldn’t grind all the gears to kill noobs with.

    Templates, however, we’re a godsend for people who had skill but no time to grind.
    Templates replaced the best gearing system WoW ever had. Optionally start off with crafted gear, get honor geared in a day or two, and even if you only had 30 mins per day to play you could get your weekly conquest cap. Once you had full conquest gear you were finished for the season. This satisfied both the people who want equally geared fights (every competitive player had the same conquest gear) and the people who want gear progression.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    No thanks. The game is about character/power progression before anything else.
    Power progression in PvP never made sense. It only allowed lifeless and skilless fat pigs with no life feel good about wrecking greenies.
    Change my mind.

  12. #12
    Honestly, should be templates for rated....because it's rated; i.e. competitive; i.e. skill focused ranking.

    No templates for random battlegrounds and skirmish.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Honestly, should be templates for rated....because it's rated; i.e. competitive; i.e. skill focused ranking.

    No templates for random battlegrounds and skirmish.
    Honestly, no.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,585
    Been requesting something along these lines for years, personally I find it ridiculous they only offer this service for tournaments.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    They tried templates years ago in Legion.

    The loud PvP twits hated them because they couldn’t grind all the gears to kill noobs with.

    Templates, however, we’re a godsend for people who had skill but no time to grind.
    Better than current situation, but worse than WoD's gearing system, WoD came with easy to get pvp sets and conquest gear was BIS without ratings, templates on the otherhand did not allow any customization were hilarous at best, you did not play a rogue in legion? Its so cool when you best stat gets penalized and your worst increased by a stupid template. Thats really not needed. And you still had to max out your artefact weapon. Anything legion+ related is bad for pvp.

    Why not choose the best system? Everyone is happy - i saw no complaints about WoD PvP gearing whatsoever back in the days.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Templates still advantaged people who did do the grind, though. People seem to not recall that templates still scaled up with your gear, just not quite as hard as it normally did.

    If they existed in Legion, there'd still be quite a damage/healing/hp disparity between a 'template' with 220 ilvl, versus one with 240.
    The worst part was, template screwed up secondary stats of classes, making select few classes stronger or weaker just by that. Its a BS system.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Except you still had to ap grind for your weapon if you wanted to be competitive. Plus legion was by far the worst expansion for world pvp.
    Or the best expansion for WPVP if you played a rogue, disc or tank. People kills dropped marks of prey and it was the nicest rep farming in my wow life. So i strongly disagree, legion was the worst instanced pvp.

    Participation in arenas was at an all time low.

  16. #16
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloSmitHolm View Post
    It would literally be the most popular PC game of all time if they did this
    They did PVP template in Legion where stats didn't matter and ilvl barely, people hated it.
    They did PVP scaling in BfA where stats mattered but ilvl barely, people hated it.

    So no, it wouldn't be "the most popular PC game of all time". People just like to cry about PVP not being "fair" in a MMO and guess what, it never will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloSmitHolm View Post
    My favorite thing ever is to jump on my Mage and push 30 buttons with my left hand, kicking ass while steering with my right hand. But I have a life so I literally cannot ever pvp again. I wish I could jump onto a wow PVP Bg at the end of my work day and fight a couple of rounds. I wish they would create a grindless version of PVP. Theres no point in having gear levels in the quick mode. Just have every class equal item lvl and have the game designers balance the classes after that. I would like to jump on a rogue and have a difficult battle with a paladin. Or get on a frost mage and fight with my skills and not die because of my item lvl. It would literally be the most popular PC game of all time if they did this and created it with wow 2.0. The current design is so outdated because you cant ever have a fair fight unless you spend all your waking hours of the day grinding gear just to stay even with everyone else. I find it very disappointing that Im a good pvp player and I cant even play the game because of the idiots who designed it that way.
    My thoughts exactly.
    No fun at high ilvls either since you just have an unfair advantage - or you have to go through the hassle of going only into rated (or more importantly: MANUALLY ORGANISED) pvp at all times (along with the stress of potentially being punished for poor performance).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  18. #18
    The big problem currently is how you have to play against people who have gear they shouldnt have at that rating. for example you are at 1,8 have 1,8 gear and get matched against people who are between 1,9 - 2k rating eho wear 2,4 rating gear. So every game is a uphill battle and you barely get points even if you win. ( which also takes longer cause you are outgeared.) just becqued against some hota next game who crits 2times for half your hp and takes the points you just fought hard over in a second away.

    The current system is good for booster, boost buyer and glads. for no one else pvp is fair or accesible

    meaning you cant even get better gear without try harding and commiting endless hours of playing with disadvrntage. so casuals are just out of pvp

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Honestly, should be templates for rated....because it's rated; i.e. competitive; i.e. skill focused ranking.

    No templates for random battlegrounds and skirmish.
    No, just use WoD's bullteproof pvp gearing system, its alt friendly enough. Btw, even if SL would have just 1 gear for honor and 1 gear for conquest with a base ilvl - there is still the convenant system, conduits farming and legendary system in place to make it "smooth" for all those alts...think not too many people use alts in SL right now or they would understand what a huge time commitment there is in Systemlands.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Power progression in PvP never made sense. It only allowed lifeless and skilless fat pigs with no life feel good about wrecking greenies.
    Change my mind.
    Attempting to change the mind of someone who can't do anything but sling insults as if it makes them better than others makes no sense either. Go troll somewhere else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •