Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    How exactly would an NPC be an insult to anyone?

Since when are we setting up street courts that judge and execute based on allegations without proper trial? And what does removing an NPC achieve other than appeal to the political correct sentiment of some people?

Do we really want a community where hypocricy prevails and everything is hidden under the carpet or do we want to catch the problem and solve it. Because there is no absolvement in removing an NPC. Company culture made these kind of people. Company culture nurtured them into being what they (allegedly) are. And now the same company responsible for this shit, removes an NPC and calls it a day. Hypocrites.
    Guess he got terminated from blizzard and a lawsuit on his ass for nothing then.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    The game was built by Afrasabi, a great part of the story has been heavily written by him but you will just ignore it so long as the name doesn't come up? Like "out of sight, out of mind"? You realize how dumb and pathetic that is right?
    Because he didnt make em all by himself alone. It was a work of a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkimono View Post
    Oh, so you are without sin I take it?
    What gives you the false assumption that you are in a position to teach anybody anything about morals? /shrung
    I never claimed that, but atleast im not fucked in my head to sexually harass people... or defend such predators.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-08-02 at 09:56 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

How exactly would an NPC be an insult to anyone?

Since when are we setting up street courts that judge and execute based on allegations without proper trial? And what does removing an NPC achieve other than appeal to the political correct sentiment of some people?

Do we really want a community where hypocricy prevails and everything is hidden under the carpet or do we want to catch the problem and solve it. Because there is no absolvement in removing an NPC. Company culture made these kind of people. Company culture nurtured them into being what they (allegedly) are. And now the same company responsible for this shit, removes an NPC and calls it a day. Hypocrites.
    You sir, deserve a medal.

1. A video game world is not his workplace.

2. Who said he created it single handedly? Try reading the next sentence after the first one.

3. Well if you live in a communist country maybe not. Thankfully here in the US it's another story to what yo are used to.
    Yes, his workplace what are you talking about? Why do you think he was fired by blizzzard? Why do you think he's named in the suit.

My point was WoW is not on any level 'his' achievement.

No, he was at all relevant times an employee of blizzard, he did not create the ip, he does not own any of his contributions. This is basic boilerplate stuff.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I never claimed that, but atleast im not fucked in my head to sexually harass people... or defend such predators.
    No, instead you want to remove an NPC from a video game which is totally unrelated to this case
    and instead related to what he has done for said game, to which, again, your contribution is exactly 0.
    Typical commie logic of yours. Don't create, just destroy. /slowclap

Blizzard 'executed' him last year based on said accusations. At this point, you are just defending afrasiabi in a personal capacity. Why?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

"I can't believe how easily some people are offended, AAAH!" - person who got offended over the removal of an irrelevant, non-functional NPC referencing a sexual predator

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Oh stop beeing offended because people change stuff. Does this acutally change anything for you ingame?

He did shitty things. Why the hell would they "honor" him with his name ingame?

I bet you if no one said anything 99.99% of wow players would not have noticed the change.
    Better rename McCree on Overwatch then.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, instead you want to remove an NPC from a video game which is totally unrelated to this case
    and instead related to what he has done for said game, to which, again, your contribution is exactly 0.
    Typical commie logic of yours. Don't create, just destroy. /slowclap
    What makes you think that "Field Marshal Afrasiabi" is unrelated to "Alex Afrasiabi"? lul
    And obviously i dont contribute to the game, im not working at blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    That one im actually interested to see if somethin will happen about him. Though to be fair i didnt even knew his name was a reference to begin with until i saw that chat snip.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Yes, his workplace what are you talking about? Why do you think he was fired by blizzzard? Why do you think he's named in the suit.

My point was WoW is not on any level 'his' achievement.

No, he was at all relevant times an employee of blizzard, he did not create the ip, he does not own any of his contributions. This is basic boilerplate stuff.
    1. Again: an in-game reference references his achievements and contributions to develop said game, not his personal views and actions.

2. What the fuck are you talkig about? It's his achievement along with everybody else hired by Blizzard.

3. Again: What the fuck are you talking about? He was very much a Blizzard employee from 2004-2020. He actually contributed to the game. Something you can only dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe schlegel stein haus View Post
    So WoW is in the process of being cleansed from "toxicity".
    HOW IN THE FUCK is removing an NPC just because the guy represented by it did some bad things "cleaning up toxicity"?

The NPC didn't try to fuck anyone on a convention, leave it the fuck alone. What will this game come to?
    Will they remove swords next because they "represent the male phallus" or some bullshit excuse next?

Just fucking stop, and boot everybody who tries so desperately to kill the essence of WoW.
    Honestly i'm more worried about meaningful changes, i'd rather play a good game made by dubious criminals than a bad one that has no proper reason to exist.

Reality has always been about the art, never the artist.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Yeah probably.
    But that is a bit of a bigger change than to switch out a few minor NPCs in WoW half the playerbase did not know existed in the frist place. Equivalent would probably be to rename Jaina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Honestly i'm more worried about meaningful changes, i'd rather play a good game made by dubious criminals than a bad one that has no proper reason to exist.

Reality has always been about the art, never the artist.
    Well turns out workers are most likely more happy and productive if they dont get sexually harassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    What makes you think that "Field Marshal Afrasiabi" is unrelated to "Alex Afrasiabi"? lul
    And obviously i dont contribute to the game, im not working at blizzard..
    Are you able to comprehend the English language?
    I said it was not related to this case. As in the current undertaking of making WoW shittier.
    Obviously the NPC is referencing him, how the fuck can you even misunderstand this?

No, thank God you don't work there. Instead, you try to undermine the integrity WoW still possesses here. /smh

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, everything mentioned in this thread is already being discussed elsewhere in the forums, so please feel free to continue (constructively) there.

Then, this is probably the worst way to open a thread, so closing.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)