Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    What is the name of this thread?


    Home MMO-Champion» Forum» Class Discussions» Warlock»Any chance blizzard tune affliction ST right??



    Oh right, single target DPS being properly tuned. And I assume this thread was created in response to us being a top 5 ST spec, to now being a bottom 5 ST spec in one patch. I cannot remember one spec ever dropping this much in one patch. So what was this thread talking about? Got it. Not inflated AoE numbers.



    I have no issues putting my logs out there. I'm a "casual", perfectly accepting of that. I raid heroic once a week for 3 hours with friends. And I do love M+ and miss the days of legion and Aff.

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...e=25&new=true#


    None of what I stated is incorrect. Sure you can spam seeds and do big aoe bursts on fortified weeks. But you're worthless on Tyrannical weeks. Or if you're a standard player who never does above a 10-12 key, you'd never want to be Aff as nothing lives long enough. You'd be destro, every time. I love Aff, it's my preferred spec if I had to choose based on class fantasy, but overall, it isn't as good as destro currently in M+.
    All of this entire post is worthless, due to the fact that people in the thread were talking about being able to do high dps OVERALL in a FULL m+ setting, after you argued that they couldn't... Also as was stated a number of times before... Having someone who can mow through trash, is still highly important even on Tyrannical weeks when you're pushing higher level keys. So you're wrong there as well. Do you do less ST? Absolutely. Are you "worthless" in those weeks? Pretty sure every single high level key pusher would argue against you there.

    I appreciate you proving me right about you moving the goalposts again, though, rather than admit you were wrong.
    I also appreciate you trying to argue with someone who mains the spec more successfully, and plays it to a much higher level. Your lack of experience shows very strongly in your arguments.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA...... Wait.... Hold on..... HAHAHA LOL

    Are you kidding me...

    This is fantastic. Thank you for uploading that. Oh, fuck this is great. lol


    You picked a fortified week, with a trash-loaded dungeon(most trash are meaningless btw and don't count on warcraft logs when they're part of necromancer pulls), and are trying to pass it off as if Aff can do 11.5k+ anytime it wants. 40% of your damage is spamming 1 skill to pad meters the meters.

    Kudos to you for being fake, lying, and having the balls to prove you're wrong. I appreciate that, I really do. You're apparently the best warlock in the world, congrats. LOOOOL

    The best log, for anyone in the world, as aff, for that key, on fortified isn't even 11k because it removes the bullshit.

    This made my day, it really did. Rarely do you see someone so stupid post something and own themselves in the process. haha fuck, this is so good.
    You my unknown low self-esteem newbie ARE BAD AT THE GAME.

  3. #43
    Same guy did 2 post about warlock dmg being bad. I’m doing more than fine in m+. If we lack in single target we sure as hell make it back in aoe.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    It hasn't been close to the best at anything since Legion. Since BFA, it has been one of the worst M+ specs, and it was only good on ST in raids. Cleave, Multi-target, etc. The other specs were better.

    Aff now is just laughable, and it sucks for anyone who enjoys it.
    I swear warlock players are among the most delusional. Find me a tier where Affliction isn't in the top 5 on warcraftlogs. But you're right it's so bad! blizzard needs to fix it!

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    I swear warlock players are among the most delusional. Find me a tier where Affliction isn't in the top 5 on warcraftlogs. But you're right it's so bad! blizzard needs to fix it!
    The issue is that Warlocks tend to have a lot of depth to it, which is just way to much for to many people. So a lot of trash players say Warlock can't do X, Y or Z because THEY can't do it. Neglecting the fact that a competent Warlock is very capable of executing the class to it's potential.
    I had to stop reading Warlock threads and the discord because I got so sick and tired of fools that straight up know nothing about the class trying to pass of their experiences as "definitive facts".
    Warlock has been consistently been a very strong class and is in an excellent spot right now in game. I can't speak to much for PvP, but in raids and M+ the class does very well. Ontop of the fact it's one of the few classes that have all their bis Soulbinds on one covenant.

  6. #46
    Warlock ST damage can be tuned with buffing SB/DS but if blizz do that poorly we can meet nerf hammer again.So for now i prefer to sacrifice AoE dmg for ST or ST for AOE. And yeah as Affliction warlock i can go Destro just changing 2 or 3 conduits and stats are the same.

  7. #47
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    If you look at the most played in 15+ aff is at the top lock spec.

    4th best dps on raider.io https://raider.io/characters/eu/twis...her/Sjel%C3%A9

    you can even watch him play if you want to learn instead of complaining and asking for buff https://youtu.be/1IWbEDspvmY

    It's also so much easier to play then destro, destro is extremly strong AoE but you need to play around CD well and you need a tanks that does not kite. 2 thing that basically don't exist in pug right now.

    Aff STS build is just super strong in m+, there is no other way to put it.

    Ele was extremely strong in season 1 and no one was playing it for like 2 month.

    As for boss fight:
    -Tarragrue is a Giant joke... count it as ST if you want
    -Eye is not ST, it as an add that as decent uptime in P1 and P2 is cleavable, you can dps both P2 eyes at the same time in hero and in mythic, that's why top parse for lock on this fight are destro.
    -The nine is 2T for basically all of P1, The hardest part is 3T (This fight is a joke on mythic)
    -Remnant as the orbs that need to be dps down and Aff can get shard out of them. (This is one of the best Aff fight this tier btw)
    -Soulrender is an AoE fight. Aff can do really good dmg playing Stachel and STS build on this fight (top lock parse on this fight are Aff)
    -Painsmith is not a good Aff fight as you need burst on the balls, this is the fight were you need to play destro.
    -Guardian is ST but you can play malefic wrath on it.
    -Fatescribe as a lot of adds, P1 as tank add and P2 as 2 target cleave.
    -KT is pure AoE fight, the reason Aff is not played is because it's one of those hold dps fight. in hero playin WoC on this fight is very strong.
    -Sylvanas is AoE, this fight was all about P3 dmg on fist kill but it's going to be less the case in a few week.

    That's 2 fight that are pure ST. Tarragrue and Guardian. With Tarragrue being a bonified trash.

    Look, Is AFF the best spec to play in SoD? No it's not... Is it good enough to play on basically every fight even in mythic? yes it is.

    Last tier was aff, this tier is demo/destro.

    - - - Updated - - -



    My spec is not the best in pure ST and in Sims, situation that I face basically never. better quite the game...
    Destro is a joke to play. Its much easier than affliction in basically any context.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  8. #48
    Bloodsail Admiral Kalador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Destro is a joke to play. Its much easier than affliction in basically any context.
    Destro is actually not that easy in m+ right now, Shadowbrun havoc play is somewhat involved. If you play with cdf and cata its really not too bad but if you play the big dmg build with RoC and DSI and inferno you need really good group coordination around your cds to get something out of them.

    Aff mythic + right now is basicly agony on 4-5 mobs than SoC spam.

    No class is really hard to play in wow. The difficulty is more into making good use of CDs, having good placement etc... On this front using Destro CDs at a bad time is way more punishing than using aff CDs wrong.

  9. #49
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    18,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Destro is actually not that easy in m+ right now, Shadowbrun havoc play is somewhat involved. If you play with cdf and cata its really not too bad but if you play the big dmg build with RoC and DSI and inferno you need really good group coordination around your cds to get something out of them.

    Aff mythic + right now is basicly agony on 4-5 mobs than SoC spam.

    No class is really hard to play in wow. The difficulty is more into making good use of CDs, having good placement etc... On this front using Destro CDs at a bad time is way more punishing than using aff CDs wrong.

    Yea no destro is far easier to play and far less punishing for mistakes. Affliction is sink or swim.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  10. #50
    If you see the post title you will notice that i am asking for single target buff wich is really low for a dps class, that without mention the ramp up time that take, i am not talking about AoE padding numbers wich look strong at the moment.
    Last edited by carlos9949; 2021-08-23 at 10:12 PM.

  11. #51

  12. #52
    yeah, what about it? you mean when affliction didnt have AoE and was only good in single target?, they just flip ST and AoE, why not a middle point instead so you can enjoy the game?

  13. #53
    Bloodsail Admiral Kalador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    yeah, what about it? you mean when affliction didnt have AoE and was only good in single target?, they just flip ST and AoE, why not a middle point instead so you can enjoy the game?
    You don't want a middle point, because right now that's actually where Aff is, Very good in AOE, middle of the pack ST. Playing the right talent and the right legendary Aff is a decent ST spec with a strong 1min burst profile and better sustain than last tier. It benefits from funneling on all boss outside of Guardian. Stop complaining about a spec you clearly don't play.

  14. #54

  15. #55
    Bloodsail Admiral Kalador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,070
    What??? people on wow forum complaining like you about how bad their spec is. This has to be the proof the spec is not good. Did you read those post ?

    That 1st link is talking about PVP. PVP is not really about dmg.

    2nd link is complaining about 4T dmg spamming MR... That's a situation where aff is probably one of the best spec in the game, just you have to play StS

    3rd link is PVP again and mostly about being ez to train : "My main problem when playing lock is getting trained so hard, and everyone in a double melee comp, or even single melee, or most comps in general immediately knows to train the affliction warlock. I mean if left alone, affliction can demolish. But when trained, we get shut down so hard. This is what needs balance: the contrast between dominating when not trained to doing very little when trained"

    4th link is again about PVP...

    5th link is One guys thinks aff bad in M+ with a 404ilvl warlock and highest key done +3... like WTF...

    Seriously, play the game, If you like Aff and think it's a fun spec than you will be fine in 90% of the situation. Maybe work on improving your gameplay instead of complaining about how bad the spec is. Some Aff lock are 10/10M right now... I played it on 4 Boss in Mythic so far without issue... I'm not struggling to be top 5 dps on most of those boss.

  16. #56
    My opinion is totally different from yours, i think affliction is not in good shape at the moment, we can argue about it but we wont agree on it. St is not good as simple as that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •