Confused about aggro

This information is probably available somewhere but I cannot seem to find it. Is there any explanation as to why my Voidwalker does not hold aggro against legacy raid bosses when I am affliction or destro but DOES hold aggro when I am demo? And yes, I know the taunt and presence is turned off automatically when entering raid zone/summoning new demon etc. and I make sure to turn it back on in this situation.

To test, I was in the emerald nightmare on the first boss and as affliction or destro, the voidwalker would never hold aggro. When I switched to demo, the voidwalker would hold aggro just fine no matter how much I dps'd to try and pull it off (I used voidwalker instead of felguard on my demo to keep it consistent).

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure I am not crazy, I am sure I am missing something glaringly obvious but I cannot see what that is. Thank you in advance for anything helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah he is pretty trash now for some reason. I solo stuff that needs a tank as demo. Even the felguard with presence up holds threat.

Destruction and Affliction do most of their damage themselves. Demonology does not. It's split among a variety of pets. The Warlock's actual contribution is very low. This means you generate very little threat yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Because most raid bosses are immune to his taunt ability and it instantly make him bad tank for no demo spec (demo has his dmg spread out in imps, dreadstalkers, tyrants etc. so void can still keep up there).

Because in demo your pet does more damage, and you do less.

Although I don't know why they nerfed aggro so much and haven't even tried to fix it in the last two xpacs, every normal mob loses aggro after setting three dots and the taunt is on cooldown. And to make things worse you also pretty much have to disable his aoe threat ability unless you want to inherit the aggro of mobs that people just train by or pulling neutral mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keyone01 View Post
    Because most raid bosses are immune to his taunt ability and it instantly make him bad tank for no demo spec (demo has his dmg spread out in imps, dreadstalkers, tyrants etc. so void can still keep up there).
    raid bosses are only immune if youre in a group. He is a shit tank in the world too

He only became a shit tank this expansion he was fine all of bfa and legion