Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Any chance blizzard tune affliction ST right??

just wondering when affliction will be a spec you can play for raiding without being a liability for your guild??? Worse St spec and still get ignored by blizzard devs.

Come now, it's barely a few months since it was among the BEST specs in the game.

That's not to say there isn't some tuning that sh/could be done, but it's far from an "omg Affliction always sucks" situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Come now, it's barely a few months since it was among the BEST specs in the game.

That's not to say there isn't some tuning that sh/could be done, but it's far from an "omg Affliction always sucks" situation.
    It hasn't been close to the best at anything since Legion. Since BFA, it has been one of the worst M+ specs, and it was only good on ST in raids. Cleave, Multi-target, etc. The other specs were better.

Aff now is just laughable, and it sucks for anyone who enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    It hasn't been close to the best at anything since Legion. Since BFA, it has been one of the worst M+ specs, and it was only good on ST in raids. Cleave, Multi-target, etc. The other specs were better.

Except Aff is insanely strong in M+ right now....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    just wondering when affliction will be a spec you can play for raiding without being a liability for your guild??? Worse St spec and still get ignored by blizzard devs.
    I played Aff on Mythic Remnant and it outperformed the other two locks in our raid. For a pure ST fight just play Demo.

nah, i just wont renew the subscription, i dont enjoy destro or demo.

"My spec doesn't do enough damage in a vacuum scenario so I demand you change it or I will cancel my sub"

Aff ST was not only good in raids. On Tyrannical in particular having one group member who will just demolish bosses was valuable in M+, and Aff did see some representation at high keys because its ST was just that good.
    It's also really good now in spread cleave situations. See Kel'thuzad logs for what I'm talking about, which is the raid fight which is most similar to the M+ setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man what the hell are you talking about... Affliction ST is good enough for everything outside of maybe pushing for hall of fame mythic.
    On top of that this tier as almost no ST outside of guardian of the first one and the boss is not a real dps check. The only boss where it's really bad is mythic painsmith.

What??? Aff as insane AOE, it's one of the best m+ spec this tier. It's also really strong in 2t and 3t situation. Aff ST is not the best in the game but it's fine and there is basically no ST fight this tier. In m+ you can make up for it by choosing the right powers like necro dagger.

Aff was insane at everything in CN, Best 1min burst, One of the best ST spec, Best 2 target dmg with bommy, it was exceptionally strong at 2 of the 3 hard fight with the best dmg profile for Sludgefist and one of the best P2 P3 spec for Sire (only part of the fight that matters).

There is no way you guys are actually playing the spec this tier and thinking this...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Man what the hell are you talking about... Affliction ST is good enough for everything outside of maybe pushing for hall of fame mythic.
    On top of that this tier as almost no ST outside of guardian of the first one and the boss is not a real dps check. The only boss where it's really bad is mythic painsmith.

What??? Aff as insane AOE, it's one of the best m+ spec this tier. It's also really strong in 2t and 3t situation. Aff ST is not the best in the game but it's fine and there is basically no ST fight this tier. In m+ you can make up for it by choosing the right powers like necro dagger.

Aff was insane at everything in CN, Best 1min burst, One of the best ST spec, Best 2 target dmg with bommy, it was exceptionally strong at 2 of the 3 hard fight with the best dmg profile for Sludgefist and one of the best P2 P3 spec for Sire (only part of the fight that matters).

There is no way you guys are actually playing the spec this tier and thinking this...
    Umm... What?

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...rboards-strict

Less than 1% of all timed runs are being done by AFF warlocks. But it's one of the BEST M+ specs so far?

Do we live in the same reality? Because if something is one of the best, it gets played more than >1% of the time.

And half the fucking boss fights in this raid tier are single target.... What the fuck world are you living in?

Tarragrue, Eye has 1 add occasionally, other than that one target at a time, The nine 2T C, then big ST. Remnant.. Painsmith, Guardian, Fatescribe.....

Like seriously... wtf lol It's hilarious at this point how wrong you are.
    Last edited by agentsi; 2021-08-04 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post

I think the one that doesnt play warlock at all is you, affliction is in a really bad state right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Umm... What?

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...rboards-strict

Less than 1% of all timed runs are being done by AFF warlocks. But it's one of the BEST M+ specs so far?

Do we live in the same reality? Because if something is one of the best, it gets played more than >1% of the time.

And half the fucking boss fights in this raid tier are single target.... What the fuck world are you living in?

Tarragrue, Eye has 1 add occasionally, other than that one target at a time, The nine 2T C, then big ST. Remnant.. Painsmith, Guardian, Fatescribe.....

Like seriously... wtf lol It's hilarious at this point how wrong you are.
    If you look at the most played in 15+ aff is at the top lock spec.

4th best dps on raider.io https://raider.io/characters/eu/twis...her/Sjel%C3%A9

you can even watch him play if you want to learn instead of complaining and asking for buff https://youtu.be/1IWbEDspvmY

It's also so much easier to play then destro, destro is extremly strong AoE but you need to play around CD well and you need a tanks that does not kite. 2 thing that basically don't exist in pug right now.

Aff STS build is just super strong in m+, there is no other way to put it.

Ele was extremely strong in season 1 and no one was playing it for like 2 month.

As for boss fight:
    -Tarragrue is a Giant joke... count it as ST if you want
    -Eye is not ST, it as an add that as decent uptime in P1 and P2 is cleavable, you can dps both P2 eyes at the same time in hero and in mythic, that's why top parse for lock on this fight are destro.
    -The nine is 2T for basically all of P1, The hardest part is 3T (This fight is a joke on mythic)
    -Remnant as the orbs that need to be dps down and Aff can get shard out of them. (This is one of the best Aff fight this tier btw)
    -Soulrender is an AoE fight. Aff can do really good dmg playing Stachel and STS build on this fight (top lock parse on this fight are Aff)
    -Painsmith is not a good Aff fight as you need burst on the balls, this is the fight were you need to play destro.
    -Guardian is ST but you can play malefic wrath on it.
    -Fatescribe as a lot of adds, P1 as tank add and P2 as 2 target cleave.
    -KT is pure AoE fight, the reason Aff is not played is because it's one of those hold dps fight. in hero playin WoC on this fight is very strong.
    -Sylvanas is AoE, this fight was all about P3 dmg on fist kill but it's going to be less the case in a few week.

That's 2 fight that are pure ST. Tarragrue and Guardian. With Tarragrue being a bonified trash.

Look, Is AFF the best spec to play in SoD? No it's not... Is it good enough to play on basically every fight even in mythic? yes it is.

Last tier was aff, this tier is demo/destro.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the one that doesnt play warlock at all is you, affliction is in a really bad state right now.
    My spec is not the best in pure ST and in Sims, situation that I face basically never. better quite the game...
    Last edited by Kalador; 2021-08-04 at 03:47 PM.

two words
    soulrender padding.

Also not enough data to conclude

I love how padding in SoD happen, a few days affliction was getting slowly to the bottom, but then people upload logs with tons of padding and put affliction on the top, but yeah, i do agree, that data is totally false, warlocks need a single target buff, suck to be a dps and cant do dps. Just wondering if these are real combat logs from players, or fake logs to make affliction warlocks look better than what in reality are at the moment.
    Last edited by carlos9949; 2021-08-10 at 11:44 AM.

I love how padding in SoD happen, a few days affliction was getting slowly to the bottom, but then people upload logs with tons of padding and put affliction on the top, but yeah, i do agree, that data is totally false, warlocks need a single target buff, suck to be a dps and cant do dps. Just wondering if these are real combat logs from players, or fake logs to make affliction warlocks look better than what in reality are at the moment.
    I like Aff as much as you do, but we were seriously busted last tier. You're not playing the same game if you think otherwise. Blizz wanted Aff to be back to a multi dotting spec and that's kind of what it turned into. It sucks that Aff isn't "amazing" ST, but our dots were basically pointless to use on anything besides to buff rapture.

Aff is really good in M+ if you're pulling a lot at a time and playing sow the seeds. Its not good if trash dies really fast so you don't see it in lower keys at all.

So it looks like (in Blizzards minds) you can have shit dots that buff rapture damage for funnel or you can be a dot class like the original design of the spec was made for and lose out on mega ST damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nootz View Post
    I like Aff as much as you do, but we were seriously busted last tier. You're not playing the same game if you think otherwise. Blizz wanted Aff to be back to a multi dotting spec and that's kind of what it turned into. It sucks that Aff isn't "amazing" ST, but our dots were basically pointless to use on anything besides to buff rapture.

Aff is really good in M+ if you're pulling a lot at a time and playing sow the seeds. Its not good if trash dies really fast so you don't see it in lower keys at all.

So it looks like (in Blizzards minds) you can have shit dots that buff rapture damage for funnel or you can be a dot class like the original design of the spec was made for and lose out on mega ST damage.
    I do agree with your about affliction ST was too high last tier, however at the price of no AoE at all, now you dont have ST but you do high AoE damage, this isnt the solution or what most players want in my opinion, why not to balance the spec right to do decent single target damage and AoE, we arent ask to be at the top but why not make the spec viable like players want?

Have you not had a lock in your groups since Legion? Because that's the only way someone might believe what you claim.

Well, I guess if they were pretending that SoD, Nathria, EP (watch out for that .0055% difference from destro), and BoD didn't exist they would also think how you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not our fault you don't know how to set logs from "damage" to "damage to bosses".

I quit as well (not just because of this but also due to it). I passed almost a decade without playing WoW but once I came back in Shadowlands I saw afliction is not only confusing but also crap specially in PvP.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

I do agree with your about affliction ST was too high last tier, however at the price of no AoE at all, now you dont have ST but you do high AoE damage, this isnt the solution or what most players want in my opinion, why not to balance the spec right to do decent single target damage and AoE, we arent ask to be at the top but why not make the spec viable like players want?
    Aff was good/top for almost all of BFA and was really strong in Legion. Plus there is a public mythic Sylvanas log right now with an aff lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Have you not had a lock in your groups since Legion? Because that's the only way someone might believe what you claim.

Well, I guess if they were pretending that SoD, Nathria, EP (watch out for that .0055% difference from destro), and BoD didn't exist they would also think how you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not our fault you don't know how to set logs from "damage" to "damage to bosses".
    I main a warlock... Have since Legion. I'm speaking from personal experience in relation to how all 3 specs play. Currently, Aff is the worst of the 3 in all areas. If your NF, Aff can be okay with the lego in M+, but it isn't as good as Destro or Demo. In raids, Demo ST is far better, and Destro Cleave is also better. Aff just doesn't fit well into anything going on right now. And it is my preferred spec to play, I love the dot mechanics as it allows you to focus more on doing boss/encounter mechanics while still allowing you to do things while moving.