Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I don't think you could be more blatantly racist if you tried. Black people ruin your game experience?
    really goes to show that most people that attacking blizzard for their problems is in no way better themself

Now, only Kotick and a few shithead bosses under JAB left.

Step. Down.

Go woke go broke.

I hope these two earned this with their history and their working past and that they are the right people for the position.
    If they just put in these places because of a leftist crazy woke agenda then we all have seen in the past where this is going.

For the people calling for Ion's head. Now let's be clear, yes he should step down as lead dev, but he should be the lead Raid/Dungeon dev for sure.

I don't expect things to improve. Nice Brack's gone as a token gesture, but I don't think anything will change for the better game-wise.

Company culture wise? Well, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Completely ignoring the extensive experience of both in gaming-related jobs. Especially this Oneal lady, given that VV has already some pretty sweet titles under its hat.

Yeah, totally a token promotion... I'd bet that you weren't singing the same tune when a white dude was promoted, even if he didn't have any merits other than being an Activision yesman *cough* Brack *cough*.

As for JAB, he appears to be the sacrificial lamb for all this "frat boys" carfire. Not that he didn't deserve it (he certainly does imo), but I have a hard time believing that he was the only one turning a blind eye to all of the funky things going on at Irvine.
    would be different if blizzard wasn't currently struggling with the allegations, regardless of their experience.

So to recap, the "" videogames* "" that were released under Brack are:

* the term is used very loosely.

- Warcraft III Reforged

- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

Aaaand that's it.

Are we sure he was removed because of the lawsuits

...So now Blizzard is ran by 2 people, one of whom hasn't been there a year?

Top kek, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Yeah everybody knows 13 years is just a random, arbitrary, amount of time clearly not indicative of experience.

Just admit you're butthurt a woman is now co-controlling Blizz.

Bigots gonna bigot. Just own it, at least you'd be honest, if nothing else.
    I like how easily its to tell the rampant mental illness within the identity politics clique, its honestly quite intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Are we sure he was removed because of the lawsuits
    Let's see what this evening's Q2 investor call says.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't expect things to improve. Nice Brack's gone as a token gesture, but I don't think anything will change for the better game-wise.

Company culture wise? Well, hopefully.
    This will indeed change nothing. As i had predicted this was the lamb that Bobby sacrificed to get himself out of the fire.

2 Activision People that came in of late just moved up the ladder and will call the shots even more. Maybe the culture of the company will improve, but the game won't. The same mobile game philosophy they have now will continue to apply, cause that is how they deliver revenue growth despite the product quality declining.

He's just a scapegoat and minion of Kotick

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Yes Blizzard was f*cked the day Activision took over. But only recently they doubled down and went further down the rabbit hole. Current state of WoW and Blizzard in general is due to real world politics influencing. Just look at the african and asian customization options and powerful women taking the forefront. That is 100% politics and pandering.

Politics should stay out of leisure activities or they cease to be leisure.
    What is wrong with you? Racial options in a fantasy game upsets you? Race is political to you? Powerful women... pandering. As an African American who has played wow for years, I can honestly say screw you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Let's be real this is far from being the proper response we need from Activision, but this is a huge step in the right direction. Brack has been a terrible leader. You don't know how to lead a studio, Jay. You think you do, but you don't.
    This is gold. Trololol

I'm glad to see his head roll. I hope he's not the last person we see get fired.

Most execs at Blizzard need to go. I hope they make it a bloodbath.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeees yeeeees, let it burn!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Yes Blizzard was f*cked the day Activision took over. But only recently they doubled down and went further down the rabbit hole. Current state of WoW and Blizzard in general is due to real world politics influencing. Just look at the african and asian customization options and powerful women taking the forefront. That is 100% politics and pandering.

Politics should stay out of leisure activities or they cease to be leisure.
    Well the white male centric agenda is finally going away. You call it politics, I call it progress. What's so wrong with more customization that represents the ethnicity of some of their playerbase? And so what, there's a female now co-leading and why is that so bad? Have you not seen what happend when only white men were in charge? Why are you so afraid about inclusion?

10+ Year Old Account
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT.

So it begins

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Go woke go broke.

I hope these two earned this with their history and their working past and that they are the right people for the position.
    If they just put in these places because of a leftist crazy woke agenda then we all have seen in the past where this is going.
    Exactly what my initial thoughts are. I fear that instead of finding a competent person (or people if they wanted to have a co-lead) that had experience in the type of games Blizzard ACTUALLY makes, they probably opted for people who would fit the narrative, albeit one barely worked there a full year and the other is a console dude. They are approaching this the wrong way - people want Blizzard to be a safe working environment for all who work there but at the same time, people also want good games.

"I know the games we make are bad but look at all this diversity and equality we have now!"

They had the best opportunity to finally make one good decision and really set up a team that can do both - not be creepy and drunk all the time AND make good games. Time will tell, but I don't have a good feeling about this.

RIP Afrasabi and Brack, thrown under the bus.