Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm really disappointed I did not find him here arguing with 3-4 people
    sad times for MMOC

  2. #282
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Monroe, OREGON
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    oh nice, freshly hired people become leaders. And there's a token woman too, of course
    2040 California Law:
    The Entities who run a company must now include the Following:
    One Female
    One Trans Male
    One Trans Female
    One Person from each race in the world
    One Non Binary
    One Depressed
    One Unemployed Person
    One Stressed Person
    and a Partridge in a Pear tree.


    Mark my words
    As much as I love the Mighty Duck series on Disney you can clearly see they used a Checkmark List for all the Characters

  3. #283
    I don't know Mike, but Jen is 100% Activision. Blizzard was mostly autonomous and ran like an independent studio. They push back on ATVI requests all the time like shorten production cycles.

    This will be interesting to see as Blizzards will become 100% controlled by ATVI with Jen at the helm. I wonder if Mike will push back. Will we get WOW xpack every year? Will Diablo Immortal release this year? No more holding back releases. Money in, money out. No investors want a 5+ year game cycle. Get DI out ASAP.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    no I just think its comical that the anti SJW's are just as whingy as the SJW's they fear.
    yikes.. you just assume you know everything don't you

  5. #285
    Good riddance to Epstein's friend.

  6. #286
    Didnt like Brack but this just accelerates WoW death.. xbox guy leading blizzard give me a f break.. gg

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by fearcazic View Post
    I don't know Mike, but Jen is 100% Activision. Blizzard was mostly autonomous and ran like an independent studio. They push back on ATVI requests all the time like shorten production cycles.

    This will be interesting to see as Blizzards will become 100% controlled by ATVI with Jen at the helm. I wonder if Mike will push back. Will we get WOW xpack every year? Will Diablo Immortal release this year? No more holding back releases. Money in, money out. No investors want a 5+ year game cycle. Get DI out ASAP.
    I hope they do shorten production time. I'm not getting any younger, but I am getting really tired of waiting almost a decade between games (looking at you, Diablo). I hope they make WoW2 on a more current engine sometime before I die of old age.

  8. #288
    Lol that's bulshit. Bobby is still chief of acti-blizz.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I hope they do shorten production time. I'm not getting any younger, but I am getting really tired of waiting almost a decade between games (looking at you, Diablo). I hope they make WoW2 on a more current engine sometime before I die of old age.
    and be trash like CoD

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    yikes.. you just assume you know everything don't you
    lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    There's very little theyre adding for this reset, for what purpose is the reset taking 2 hours longer than scheduled? If it's because they're taking the time for their woke sjw bs... They could've at least said that.
    you're literately crying over maintenance taking 2 hours longer (because those derned SJW's) for you to go back to your vidy game.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Token woman? Grow the fuck up. She led VV, which is arguably a better studio than Blizzard since 2012 or so.
    Looking over her referentials the only marginal succesfull game she has been involved in is the tony hawk remake.

    I'm not saying she cant be good - and she does have experience - but there is absolutely nothing remarkable about her background.

  12. #292
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by fearcazic View Post
    I don't know Mike, but Jen is 100% Activision. Blizzard was mostly autonomous and ran like an independent studio. They push back on ATVI requests all the time like shorten production cycles.

    This will be interesting to see as Blizzards will become 100% controlled by ATVI with Jen at the helm. I wonder if Mike will push back. Will we get WOW xpack every year? Will Diablo Immortal release this year? No more holding back releases. Money in, money out. No investors want a 5+ year game cycle. Get DI out ASAP.
    Well yes, but actually no.

    Vicarious Visions were merged into Blizzard Entertainment at the end of 2020 purely to work on the Diablo 2 remaster. Blizzard's Classic Games team, who would have normally handled such a project, imploded after the shitshow that was WC3 Reforged.

    For all I know, Jen's appointment as co-leader may actually be a good thing. She was able to lead Vicarious Visions to release several phenomenal remakes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Looking over her referentials the only marginal succesfull game she has been involved in is the tony hawk remake.

    I'm not saying she cant be good - and she does have experience - but there is absolutely nothing remarkable about her background.
    THPS 1+2 remakes
    Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy
    Destiny 2 (support studio, mainly for the PC port.)
    Skylanders Imaginators (support studio.)

    Before that, Vicarious Visions were mainly a handheld slave studio that did many good handheld versions of mainline releases, primarily in the Tony Hawk's series. Jen was involved from as early as American Sk8land, which was a highly ambitious handheld version of American Wasteland.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    Didnt like Brack but this just accelerates WoW death.. xbox guy leading blizzard give me a f break.. gg
    If it was Phil Harrison (the guy responsible for screwing up both Xbox and Stadia), I would have been worried for Blizzard. But Ybarra spent years under Phil Spencer's wing, fixing Harrison's fuck-ups.

    Somehow I think Brack isn't just a sacrificial lamb being slaughtered. I think even Kotick knows the benefit of bringing Blizzard Entertainment back to its former strength.

    As long as they continue to cooperate with the Cali DFEH and continue to investigate and purge people, things can only go up.
    Last edited by Clbull; 2021-08-03 at 04:30 PM.

  13. #293
    He was probably given the option to step down on his own, or getting fired. Thats how it usually works when youre a public face of a company, or part of the public image. Usually get a better exit package to step down on your own also

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Mike Ybarra btw:



    https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1411...635684867?s=20

    So at the very least he actually plays WoW quite a bit.
    It seems he plays quite a lot more than even Ion does.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Oh yeah definitely. People just assume whoever is around is the cause for every single problem there is. For instance, the lawsuit it not only pertains to recent events but dates back several years. Things that are going on with WoW? Years in the making. Now granted I have no problems with WoW now other than you know changes I wouldn't mind seeing a few spots, but nothing like "let's burn it to the ground".
    same.

    My main issues is that they try to make us go on forced treadmills with no targetable content like domination sockets. imho they need to go back to like wrath gear design with valor and justice vendors but take it a step forward to make all communities happy. add content specific tier set bonuses for m+, Raids, and PvP. that way while the gear will work for everything we wont have the situation they wanted to avoid that they had in legion. then make all those bonuses work in the open world. also let us freaking farm rep like the old days with a tabbard lol sooo much better than kill 500000 mobs. honestly in general the world is not used very well. they design all of this stuff and barely use it. so sad. shit i would even like to walk through the raids and dungeons in a just exploratory fashion with the after effects with npcs inside just chilling lol

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    You knowledge on memes is as shit as your knowledge on companies.
    Oh noes. So enlighten me since you know so much.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    Well yes, but actually no.

    Vicarious Visions were merged into Blizzard Entertainment at the end of 2020 purely to work on the Diablo 2 remaster. Blizzard's Classic Games team, who would have normally handled such a project, imploded after the shitshow that was WC3 Reforged.

    For all I know, Jen's appointment as co-leader may actually be a good thing. She was able to lead Vicarious Visions to release several phenomenal remakes.

    - - - Updated - - -



    THPS 1+2 remakes
    Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy
    Destiny 2 (support studio, mainly for the PC port.)
    Skylanders Imaginators (support studio.)

    Before that, Vicarious Visions were mainly a handheld slave studio that did many good handheld versions of mainline releases, primarily in the Tony Hawk's series. Jen was involved from as early as American Sk8land, which was a highly ambitious handheld version of American Wasteland.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If it was Phil Harrison (the guy responsible for screwing up both Xbox and Stadia), I would have been worried for Blizzard. But Ybarra spent years under Phil Spencer's wing, fixing Harrison's fuck-ups.

    Somehow I think Brack isn't just a sacrificial lamb being slaughtered. I think even Kotick knows the benefit of bringing Blizzard Entertainment back to its former strength.

    As long as they continue to cooperate with the Cali DFEH and continue to investigate and purge people, things can only go up.
    As i said already - the only marginally succesful games are the tony hawk remakes. Which are remakes.
    So again to underline - there is nothingremarkable about it, for me at least.

  18. #298
    Mechagnome Wramp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AnyStreet, USA
    Posts
    598
    now if we could just replace Ion howitcostsus

  19. #299
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we got 'em.


  20. #300
    The Lightbringer De Lupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A glass box of my own emotions...
    Posts
    3,414
    I knew they were holding onto J.A.B. just long enough to make a big public display of him leaving.

    Good luck to the new bosses sorting out this fiasco. Genuinely...good luck. Hope they can fix...everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •