Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Next target acquired: Ion hazzikostas

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Without game dev blizzard is dead.
    When they paying gamers will move to other games blizzard makes no money and those people that are in the toxic workspace will be fired and have no work anymore. So what people do you think benefit from all this drama?
    Depends on how longterm you plan. It could be a netgain longterm to kill the company if you wish to establish hiding not being profitable so every corp takes it serious and actually is financially motivated to prevent as it affects profits. The only problem is that if it ever gets too easy to destroy a corp with allegations corps will start paying people to start fires in competing corps to kill competition just as they pay for stealing tech already.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Next target acquired: Ion hazzikostas
    Looking forward to laughing when everyone misses Ion just like everyone missed Ghostcrawler after he left.

Ion isn't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Yeah, nobody believes you. And yeah, so what? She is shitting at gamergate dudebro incels and getting a raise out of them. There is not a single innocent white person who feels targeted by this. Not to forget like...she's white herself, you know? Thats like being offended at black people using the n-word.
    Easy way to see how messed up those tweets are, change the colour or gender when you read it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Sure do, and I'm waiting for the judgement of that investigation.
    Imagine me investigating you for 2 years, that still wouldn't prove you're guilty of anything, right?
    You dont need to wait, results are in - they are off to court, and heads are already rolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    all you're doing is crying about one person who hates white cismen in the context of an entire culture of treating women like objects. your priorities are fucked my dude.
    i wasn't. someone said the tweets were a hoax, i pointed out they weren't, and they started name calling. i'm not crying about anything. i can point out bad actors and terrible people no matter what the context is (which your "context" is a bullshit proposition anyway). if you cant you may be part of the problem.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

I get fixing the culture.. but WHAT ABOUT THE GAMES? What are they going to do to save WoW?

Thankfully, J. Allen Brack isn't a game developer or producer any longer. So his absence won't have much if any effect on that.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    i wasn't. someone said the tweets were a hoax, i pointed out they weren't, and they started name calling. i'm not crying about anything. i can point out bad actors and terrible people no matter what the context is (which your "context" is a bullshit proposition anyway). if you cant you may be part of the problem.
    oh it's such bullshit that it took a state investigating them for 2 years to get enough evidence they felt it was necessary and needed to file a lawsuit? and no I saw you bring up how women do this shit as well which no one has ever said DOESN'T happen first of all. and then you use that woman's tweets as if that is also apart of this toxic work environment where men get drunk and make sexual advances to their female colleagues...

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Looking forward to laughing when everyone misses Ion just like everyone missed Ghostcrawler after he left.

Ion isn't the problem.
    Delusional

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    That is the worst take ever. 'DON'T SAY YOU'RE HUNGRY, THERE ARE PEOPLE DYING OF HUNGER IN OTHER COUNTRIES!' 'ALL LIVES MATTER!'
    Literally what you are doing? Because some people are concerned about the product that have spent a large portion of their lives with that automatically means they hate women or want them to continue to be abused at Blizzard? Such utter nonsense you'll break those pearls if you clutch them any harder.

oh it's such bullshit that it took a state investigating them for 2 years to get enough evidence they felt it was necessary and needed to file a lawsuit? and no I saw you bring up how women do this shit as well which no one has ever said DOESN'T happen first of all. and then you use that woman's tweets as if that is also apart of this toxic work environment where men get drunk and make sexual advances to their female colleagues...
    it is part of the toxic culture at blizzard. just because it goes in a direction that you agree with doesn't mean its not toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post

Ion isn't the problem.
    Yeah... unfortunately, he is. He's WoWs Game Director i.e. the man who directs where the game goes. If he is not actively saying "I want this idea in the game", then he's the one who's greenlighting other people's ideas.

it is part of the toxic culture at blizzard. just because it goes in a direction that you agree with doesn't mean its not toxic.
    I'm not saying it's not toxic, I'm saying the scales on whose behavior is more abhorrent is VASTLY leaning more towards the men. because, that's clearly what's going on here?

seriously, you would think these people would be mad at JAB and others who perpetuated a toxic work environment so abhorrent it took a state investigating them to finally deal with the problem. but no, lots of complaints about the changes being made because oh no it might cut into development of a game...
    If anything development for the game should improve! I know if I was working in an environment as such was described in the lawsuit they sure as shit wouldn't be getting the best work out of me, how could they in such a dangerous and toxic working environment?

- - - Updated - - -

When they paying gamers will move to other games blizzard makes no money and those people that are in the toxic workspace will be fired and have no work anymore. So what people do you think benefit from all this drama?
    I've read this 3 times now and I still struggle to understand the exact point attempted here. Am I correct in that you're saying you don't care about women being sexually harassed constantly in the workspace and that it's all just ''drama'' that detracts from development of the game? That's really the hill you want to die on??

And what people do I think will benefit from all this ''drama'' as you so eloquently put it? Well how about for starters the victims and women who work at Blizzard who, hopefully, won't have to put up with handsy middle-aged nerds anymore?

I'm not not saying it's not toxic, I'm saying the scales on whose behavior is more abhorrent is VASTLY leaning more towards the men. because, well, this annoying thing called evidence.
    its all equally abhorrent. doesn't matter where its coming from. as far as evidence? wait for the court hearing, because the filing is VERY selective. it is trying VERY hard to spin a very particular narrative. which is the whole point of a filing. make the case look as good as you can for your side.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If anything development for the game should improve! I know if I was working in an environment as such was described in the lawsuit they sure as shit wouldn't be getting the best work out of me, how could they in such a dangerous and toxic working environment?
    you would think given how lackluster the response has been to these last two expansions was any clue...

Can we get rid of Ion too and get a *game* developer on and not a spreadsheet developer?
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

you would think given how lackluster the response has been to these last two expansions was any clue...
    Exactly what I told a buddy of mine when this lawsuit first became public. That at least I can kind of understand wth has been going on over there for the past x many years, because before this I have spent many a time scratching my head asking how the product I've loved for so long could just continue to spiral down in quality in recent years/expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Can we get rid of Ion too and get a *game* developer on and not a spreadsheet developer?
    Didnt the law firm Blizz just hired to union-bust used to be where Ion worked before?? Maybe he can ask for a quick transfer

its all equally abhorrent. doesn't matter where its coming from. as far as evidence? wait for the court hearing, because the filing is VERY selective. it is trying VERY hard to spin a very particular narrative. which is the whole point of a filing. make the case look as good as you can for your side.
    alright well I can't MAKE you realize that saying mean things on twitter and sharing a pic of some woman's vagina at a work party and that same woman later killing herself on a business trip are NOT AT ALL equal. that's something you'll have to figure out yourself.