Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
... LastLast
  1. #481
    Mechagnome Doctor Wheelchair Casino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Reservation (Thanks White People)
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    God forbid there is a third type of person going: "Is she qualified and have a good vision for the game rather than just being promoted for optics sake?" or "How long was this in the works? Were these people chosen after months of interviews or randomly picked from talent pools after a snap step-down decision?" It's almost like there are all kinds of people, and not just 2 sides.
    That's dangerous thinking right there.
    Beware the indigenous, crippled libertarian!
    Thanks for the ad-hominem, it supports your inability to support your argument.

  2. #482
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Why did they have to set two people as lead of the studio. Why not have Jen there on her own. I guess that would be too much to ask to have a woman leading the studio without a mans help...
    How do you know she has the qualifications to lead the studio alone? Just because she's a woman?
    Hi there, mr. sexist.

  3. #483
    Soooo are all the white knights going to go ahead and quit the game for good now the same way they cancelled all the Method team now that you know that the company itself
    that makes the game allowed this?

  4. #484
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean neither you or I know the guy to claim whether he's sipping wine or twirling moustache or best pal ever.
    For context


    I'm not openly saying they want their own Yoshi-P, but...

  5. #485
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/19/austr...dst/index.html

    Wrongful accusations and convictions happen all the time, including with lengthy investigations.



    I mean the thought process goes back at least to the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. More recently (1760's) with Blackstone's Ratio, basically saying that it should be hard enough to prove guilt that it is better than 10 guilty people go free than one innocent person suffers. This is the basis for our court system, and why we must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime has occurred, and it must happen in a court in front of a jury of fairly randomly picked peers. Not on the street or on twitter by whatever mob screams "guilty" the loudest.



    You mean every business that's existed since you've been alive? Have you ever once looked into starting your own business and the ridiculous amount of things you need to do? God forbid you get over 50 employees, because then it becomes a real shit show of rules and regulations. We have entire government organizations whose whole purpose is to intervene in business practices including the USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA, and the list goes on.



    That's a hyperbolic false narrative pushed by people trying to use it as leverage for special treatment. Though I would love for you to prove that the "entire culture treats women like objects". I'll wait.



    God forbid there is a third type of person going: "Is she qualified and have a good vision for the game rather than just being promoted for optics sake?" or "How long was this in the works? Were these people chosen after months of interviews or randomly picked from talent pools after a snap step-down decision?" It's almost like there are all kinds of people, and not just 2 sides.
    This post is way too informed, knowdgeable and wise.
    Therefore it will completely fly over the head of most people here.

  6. #486
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    For context


    I'm not openly saying they want their own Yoshi-P, but...
    I see, makes more sense.

    But overall it's always nice to have head honcho at the studio to actually be a guy who loves the game. So I take it as a bonus.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  7. #487
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    [url]I mean the thought process goes back at least to the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. More recently (1760's) with Blackstone's Ratio, basically saying that it should be hard enough to prove guilt that it is better than 10 guilty people go free than one innocent person suffers. This is the basis for our court system, and why we must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime has occurred, and it must happen in a court in front of a jury of fairly randomly picked peers. Not on the street or on twitter by whatever mob screams "guilty" the loudest.
    Rationally looking at it, one one had you have Blizzard employees walking out, women left and right talking out about their traumatic experiences at Blizzard, Chris Metzens own wife stating she got out of Blizzard with PTSD and being about to form a union because the working conditions are so toxic and horrible. On the other hand you have Bush Torture Lady saying nothing happened, everything is fine.

    If under this circumstances your conclusion is to side with the accused, you probably have a bias. And probably are a virgin or somebody with a record.

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Is that like the bit where the Quartering claimed that his dad is in a polyamorous relationship with two black men as deflection?
    How is it a deflection?

    Like, how do you expect me to prove that I'm gay? I mean, I could post some bara art that I like but it's pretty NSFW and would earn me a ban so...


  9. #489
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    You mean every business that's existed since you've been alive? Have you ever once looked into starting your own business and the ridiculous amount of things you need to do? God forbid you get over 50 employees, because then it becomes a real shit show of rules and regulations. We have entire government organizations whose whole purpose is to intervene in business practices including the USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA, and the list goes on.
    for good reason. I'm not seeing the issue!

  10. #490
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    the irony of mmo champ being mad at blizzard for being sexist whilst at the same time the thread is already filled with people "she is not fit for the job" "we cant have a woman in charge" "its only a token promotion" all the sexist stuff already spewing about how a woman cant be a leader is in full effect
    It has nothing to do with the fact that a woman can't lead, it's the fact that it's obvious that this is a direct response to the sexual harassment allegations. She is literally the token woman in this situation. There's no other reason why they decided to have two people lead Blizzard instead of one. She's been with the company 5 months, they promote TWO people to lead instead of one. It just smells like they wanted to have the guy lead Blizzard, but opted to have "two leaders" so that way one could be a woman.
    I think you're coming into this with a bias of looking for sexist remarks when you need to view it from the same lens that the people critiquing the decision are. Most people are not looking to bash this person because she's a woman, but when you have the president of a company "stepping down" to be replaced by TWO PEOPLE and not JUST ONE, and one of those two people JUST SO HAPPENS to be a woman in the time period where said company is being sued by the state of California for claims of sexual harassment against women... I mean... It's a little fishy, right?

  11. #491
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It has nothing to do with the fact that a woman can't lead, it's the fact that it's obvious that this is a direct response to the sexual harassment allegations. She is literally the token woman in this situation. There's no other reason why they decided to have two people lead Blizzard instead of one. She's been with the company 5 months, they promote TWO people to lead instead of one. It just smells like they wanted to have the guy lead Blizzard, but opted to have "two leaders" so that way one could be a woman.
    I think you're coming into this with a bias of looking for sexist remarks when you need to view it from the same lens that the people critiquing the decision are. Most people are not looking to bash this person because she's a woman, but when you have the president of a company "stepping down" to be replaced by TWO PEOPLE and not JUST ONE, and one of those two people JUST SO HAPPENS to be a woman in the time period where said company is being sued by the state of California for claims of sexual harassment against women... I mean... It's a little fishy, right?
    no shit....? so what? that still doesn't mean they shouldn't be in those positions lol.

  12. #492
    great first step, the next should be Townsend "leaving for further opportunities"

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It has nothing to do with the fact that a woman can't lead, it's the fact that it's obvious that this is a direct response to the sexual harassment allegations. She is literally the token woman in this situation. There's no other reason why they decided to have two people lead Blizzard instead of one. She's been with the company 5 months, they promote TWO people to lead instead of one. It just smells like they wanted to have the guy lead Blizzard, but opted to have "two leaders" so that way one could be a woman.
    I think you're coming into this with a bias of looking for sexist remarks when you need to view it from the same lens that the people critiquing the decision are. Most people are not looking to bash this person because she's a woman, but when you have the president of a company "stepping down" to be replaced by TWO PEOPLE and not JUST ONE, and one of those two people JUST SO HAPPENS to be a woman in the time period where said company is being sued by the state of California for claims of sexual harassment against women... I mean... It's a little fishy, right?
    Most people are just too lazy to google her up and probably assume she is some industry newby fresh out of college. With all the persecution and victim complex going on here, one could solve water shortages world white just through the male tears collected here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    great first step, the next should be Townsend "leaving for further opportunities"
    I am personally opposed to Townsend being let go of yet






    ...not until they did an re-enectment of the novel War Crimes with Townsend playing the part of Garrosh Hellscream.

  14. #494
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/19/austr...dst/index.html

    Wrongful accusations and convictions happen all the time, including with lengthy investigations.
    .
    What the hell does the article you linked have to do with the subject at hand? That is the biggest reach i have seen in forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

  15. #495
    Re: "the token woman" ...

    Honestly what else could they do? The call is for representation and a more even playing field in the workplace here. The only way you do that is by having a man and a woman. Nationalities and transgender aside, you can still boil things down to a man and a woman.

    So they did that. I won't say it's best, I won't say it's smart, I will say that it is the only thing they could do quickly to try to get ahead of this issue. For the good of the studio. And I really don't care about doing good for executive leadership or Blizzard's stock prices... I care about doing good for the people working there at the grunt level who need to keep their job until at the very least they can formulate their own exit strategy.

  16. #496
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Most people are just too lazy to google her up and probably assume she is some industry newby fresh out of college. With all the persecution and victim complex going on here, one could solve water shortages world white just through the male tears collected here.
    Your misandry and racial hatred is noted.

  17. #497
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Your misandry and racial hatred is noted.
    Misandry is not a thing in the real world. Whats next, you being triggered over orcphobia?

  18. #498
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Misandry is not a thing in the real world. Whats next, you being triggered over orcphobia?
    Keep going, dig that grave.

  19. #499
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Most people are just too lazy to google her up and probably assume she is some industry newby fresh out of college. With all the persecution and victim complex going on here, one could solve water shortages world white just through the male tears collected here.
    Looking at her resume, she's been actively working in game dev since 1999. So it's quite likely she's been a game dev longer than many of the crud complaining about her have been gaming. Or even been alive.

    Politics aside, solid hire. She's got a great track record. So does Ybarra. Not a cure for everything going on, but I can't fathom anyone having a problem with either.

  20. #500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Keep going, dig that grave.
    If I would try to be misandrist I would post every single criminal statistic on this planet? Lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Looking at her resume, she's been actively working in game dev since 1999. So it's quite likely she's been a game dev longer than many of the crud complaining about her have been gaming. Or even been alive.

    Politics aside, solid hire. She's got a great track record. So does Ybarra. Not a cure for everything going on, but I can't fathom anyone having a problem with either.
    I was at first skeptical about Ybarra and why they would need to put a man at Oneals side, especially one who isn't really into game development himself, but then I remembered that there are also many accusations of a shit ton of bullying going on against departments which are not directly connected to game development, like quality control and customer support and that there is a strong caste system in current Blizzard. Like, that they are literally forced to eat the rests of the game devs when they order food, which is fucked up. Him seemingly being more of a plattform and services guy, I hope that he will ensure fairer and more respectful conditions for these employees. Also he seems to be a hell of a World of Warcraft player and pretty active, so I think if they also restructure the World of Warcraft team, he may do some good there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •