Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Jen O’Neal is super capable and so is Ybarra.

People who want to see this as some PR move will do so even Jen was part of a world first mythic raiding team. They’d say, ‘oh she was their diversity member in the team’. There’s always an excuse.

Yep, because Blizzard are going to go court with the intention to reverse their own decision to fire Alex, after their own investigation concluded that he’d been harassing women. Yep, that makes sense.
    That is precisely why she shouldn't be in a directing position. Remember how well Ion worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    That is precisely why she shouldn't be in a directing position. Remember how well Ion worked out?
    Did you not read what I said? I said even if. She's not a mythic world first raider.

She's been head of studio at Vicarious Visions, who have produced some stellar work. And she gets the industry. Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Now, only Kotick and a few shithead bosses under JAB left.

Step. Down.
    What did kotick do to you or do you randomly dislike him simply because you know his name?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Nice back peddle from: "it's going to a company that needs the government to intervene into it's business practices." Spoken as if the government doesn't constantly intervene in every official company in the US. The reasoning for your argument was invalid, not necessarily that companies don't need regulation.
    it's not a back peddle I'm just not some inane libertarian who shits his pants whenever the government does what it's meant to be doing when a business breaks the law. since the context is lost on you I was responding to someone whom I assume really meant was "I paid for the game, gimme what I want." to which I replied; "too fucking bad maybe the company you gave money to shouldn't have broken the law!" clear that up?

It's cool that Mike has the experience and loves WoW as a gamer. But from this, I am looking forward to Jen Oneal's leadership. Reading about her, it's pretty clear that she knows how to talk with execs and knows how to present needs for additional finances to make a good product. Let's see how this will end, but it does look promising.
    Last edited by Disxx; 2021-08-04 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    don't care because since everyone has memory of goldfish, activision controls everything, it is literally why bungie got fed and left since activision doesn't understand anything but master and slaves relations
    and destiny 2 got even worse after they left activision with way shorter expansions/less content, way more grind and way less seasonal content and way more stuff in the mtx shop, the guys at bungie even said themselfs without the support of activision they will never be able to make another expansion as large as forsaken, which was the best one by far
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2021-08-04 at 01:36 PM.

won't make any difference

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Only one: quote where it was said that a woman can't be a leader.

I'll be waiting. You strawmanner.
    Just look at all the posts ITT calling Oneal a "diversity pick", "token hire" or stuff like that, or implying it.

... My bad, I forgot that alt righters are functionally illiterate more often than not, so there is no point in telling them to actually read stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Disxx View Post
    It's cool that Mike has the experience and loves WoW as a gamer. But from this, I am looking forward to Jen Oneal's leadership. Reading about her, it's pretty clear that she knows how to talk with execs and knows how to present needs for additional finances to make a good product. Let's see how this will end, but it does look promising.
    Sure, no one can blame her in harassing the women. Smart move Blizz.

Personally I find the new leaders look promising, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I have to admit I cheered when they dismantled the internal Blizzard reforged team and replaced it with Jen's team. Blizzard by itself has been dysfunctional for a very long time and Activision was probably done watching Blizzard turning cashcow IP's into shitfests.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    But was a studio head of a recently acquired studio for quite some time and was brought on as a VP of Blizzard after they acquired the studio.
    She was one step below JAB essentially. He was president, she was a VP along with Mike. If anything, the fact that they only made her co-whatever proves it wasn't just a diversity hire to placate the masses. It actually sends the opposite message, a woman can't handle the job on her own.
    I'm sorry does she have all Mythic 20 keys completed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    But was a studio head of a recently acquired studio for quite some time and was brought on as a VP of Blizzard after they acquired the studio.
    She was one step below JAB essentially. He was president, she was a VP along with Mike. If anything, the fact that they only made her co-whatever proves it wasn't just a diversity hire to placate the masses. It actually sends the opposite message, a woman can't handle the job on her own.
    I think it's more of a checks and balances decision. That and bringing different perspectives to the leadership table that complement each other. Sounds healthy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    it's not a coincidence at all...they promoted 2 people with extensive gaming experience but little Blizzard experience because you can bet your last dollar that almost everyone in the current leadership structure that had a long work history with Blizzard was tainted as a result of the investigation from either being part of the problem or looking the other way and not having the courage to stand up for their co-workers...there is virtually no one in the current leadership that would have real credibility thus the need to look to talented people that were not part of the "culture" that produced the problem
    The only credibility Oneal has is being head of a small studio that remade tony hawk and crash bandicoot, literally nothing else worth noting. At least the other guy seems to actually play wow