Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral shimargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    somewhere near here and there
    Posts
    1,001
    So, this is pawtucket brewery now.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    J. Allen Lisp.
    (format t "What?~%")
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson
    If you didn't get your COVID shot it's probably too late now, you fool.

  3. #23
    oh nice, freshly hired people become leaders. And there's a token woman too, of course

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    As mutch as i dislike JAB, i feel he was given a rotten hot potato. And was set up as the fall guy. So the rest of the old guard could get out with "clean" hands. Always said he was nothing but a ventriliquist dummy.
    Pretty much spot-on, although I thought he was probably an okay dude; that "you think you want [Classic WoW], but you don't" notwithstanding.

    It's pretty incredibly that there is no one left that anyone has actually HEARD of at the company left to promote. Given that the leadership is going to TWO people, I'm going to be honest, it paints the image that this Jen Oneal may be included just for PR points of "having a woman in leadership", but if they actually had faith of her being an incredible leader, she'd have been given sole reigns. Not saying she ISN'T capable; just that if the board truly believed the was, it would've looked much better having her the sole President.

    Either way, it's crazy to think one of the two "co-presidents" has only been with Blizzard a couple of months, while the other, less than three years. Again, could be a tactic to try and save face, to eliminate concerns of "things won't go back to how they were, because these people weren't even HERE when that shit was happening!". Which isn't necessarily wrong, I suppose.

  5. #25
    Who would have thought years of neglect would lead to such shift and monumental change?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I'm certain her extensive 5 months experience at Blizzard and previous Xbox experience makes her the perfect person for this position.
    I think something else makes her the perfect person for that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Why did they have to set two people as lead of the studio. Why not have Jen there on her own. I guess that would be too much to ask to have a woman leading the studio without a mans help...
    Together they have less combined experience than the age of the company. Activision would never allow either of them to lead alone.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.


  8. #28
    Who saw that coming a woman being promoted after a sexual harassment scandal. Hello token promotion.

  9. #29
    We will see what happens, i really hope these two can lead blizzard in the correct way.
    Blizzard needs a good game in the next 1-2 years otherwise its game over so if these people just got the job because of friends politics or a feminist agenda then it might become even worse.
    But i am open to see what happens i will rate these two after a few years when we see what games they produce.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2021-08-03 at 01:01 PM.

  10. #30
    Scarab Lord Greevir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tamriel
    Posts
    4,320
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    oh nice, freshly hired people become leaders. And there's a token woman too, of course
    I think it's a good move to have new people to the company lead it. The old guard is ripe with disgusting animals that need to be purged. Bring in new, younger people who won't repeat the mistakes of the old.

  11. #31
    the irony of mmo champ being mad at blizzard for being sexist whilst at the same time the thread is already filled with people "she is not fit for the job" "we cant have a woman in charge" "its only a token promotion" all the sexist stuff already spewing about how a woman cant be a leader is in full effect

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    Together they have less combined experience than the age of the company. Activision would never allow either of them to lead alone.
    They dont see it that way. Such kind of people just want to start a fight/trouble.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Why did they have to set two people as lead of the studio. Why not have Jen there on her own. I guess that would be too much to ask to have a woman leading the studio without a mans help...
    Can't you make the same argument in reverse? I guess it would be too much to ask Mike lead the company alone without a woman helping him out...

    You see what you want to see.

  14. #34
    2 leaders - means no leader. Or she will lead and he will obey. The other way is impossible.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think something else makes her the perfect person for that.
    Nothing like being pulled over for being 'x, y or z' but as long you get a job solely because you're 'x, y or z' that's ok. Now the people who don't get picked because they're not x, y or z can now be the minority and get laws changed that says a,b, or c gets the job now.

    It's a stupid cycle. Just hire people who are best suited for the job.

  16. #36
    Now I can safely say things are not looking good for Blizzard as a whole.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
    WoW won't be better till all the original crew come back, and they ditch all the corporate bloat.
    So, never?
    The old crew moved on my dude. Couldn't see any reason they're give up their new project to come back and rescue the bloated carcass that is WoW

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    It's a stupid cycle. Just hire people who are best suited for the job.
    That's exactly my opinion. Unfortunately, it isn't a requirement anymore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Now I can safely say things are not looking good for Blizzard as a whole.
    I guess this was obvious the minute the lawsuit was made public AND the pretentious response Blizzard gave to denounce it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    oh nice, freshly hired people become leaders. And there's a token woman too, of course
    Yup just ignore her entire history at Vicarious Visions lol.

    Love the 14 year olds on the internet giving their hot takes.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Pretty much spot-on, although I thought he was probably an okay dude; that "you think you want [Classic WoW], but you don't" notwithstanding.

    It's pretty incredibly that there is no one left that anyone has actually HEARD of at the company left to promote. Given that the leadership is going to TWO people, I'm going to be honest, it paints the image that this Jen Oneal may be included just for PR points of "having a woman in leadership", but if they actually had faith of her being an incredible leader, she'd have been given sole reigns. Not saying she ISN'T capable; just that if the board truly believed the was, it would've looked much better having her the sole President.

    Either way, it's crazy to think one of the two "co-presidents" has only been with Blizzard a couple of months, while the other, less than three years. Again, could be a tactic to try and save face, to eliminate concerns of "things won't go back to how they were, because these people weren't even HERE when that shit was happening!". Which isn't necessarily wrong, I suppose.
    I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they are positioning the studio for an IP sell-off / company split to appease stockholders short-term. Having a lead already in place for both sides will make the move more stable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •