Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    It seems like it would had been a way better look to give it 100% to Jen.
    So you're saying it makes sense to appoint some as president who has been at the company for half a year? Yeah....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Blizzard is dead. If this news doesn't open peoples eyes then what will?

At the head are now people who joined in 2019 and 2021.

What do they know about Blizzard? They don't have a long history at the company and know the core philosophies. They're just corporate suits.

Just let the company rest in peace. It was a great ride but it's now it's finished. The end.
    In case you didn't notice, the current state of Blizz and WoW was done by those with "long history at the company". And there is only one "core philosophy" of a major gaming company - making money. And no leadership will change that.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-08-03 at 02:32 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Please god get them away from Activision, despite all the things that happened culture wise in the blizzard offices the activision model of releasing things like its a sports game franchise is just not it. I'd rather we go longer without new expansions and really let them grow and tell the whole story without having to squeeze things into less than two years.....
    They won't get away from Activision. Because how? At most they could be bought by another company.
    Anyway, most of the creators already left blizzard, so your best bet would be looking at the companies they made
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they are positioning the studio for an IP sell-off / company split to appease stockholders short-term. Having a lead already in place for both sides will make the move more stable.
    The only good thing that could possibly come out of this. Let Morhaime buy his IP back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol says the scorpion. Lmao.

Activision: assume full control.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    In case you didn't notice, the current state of Blizz and WoW was done by those with "long history at the company".
    No. This is caused by current day politics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure buddy, Blizz combined with Acti just yesterday, and this morning they decided they want to focus on money. The much revered hero Mike Morhaime was there all the time. And approved decisions and abuse.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-08-03 at 02:37 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I guess Josh Allen Brack will go back to MMO Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Phagelives View Post
    Bobby Kotick will not be stepping down , for him to "step down" another company would have to buy activiblizzard and honestly who would buy this company right now??
    Buy the dip BAYYBEEEEE. Seriously though anyone buying this company would really need to have a rock solid plan or it'd be a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Sure buddy, Blizz combined with Acti just yesterday, and this morning they decided they want to focus on money. The much revered hero Mike Morhaime was there all the time. And approved decision and abuse.
    Yes Blizzard was f*cked the day Activision took over. But only recently they doubled down and went further down the rabbit hole. Current state of WoW and Blizzard in general is due to real world politics influencing. Just look at the african and asian customization options and powerful women taking the forefront. That is 100% politics and pandering.

Politics should stay out of leisure activities or they cease to be leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Why did they have to set two people as lead of the studio. Why not have Jen there on her own. I guess that would be too much to ask to have a woman leading the studio without a mans help...
    It's a PR move. If she fails, you can blame Mike. Because if she failed, and blizzard fired her, that would cause a shitstorm and everyone would be pissed again at blizzard.

In this day and age, only men are typically held accountable for their actions. Women who fail get a pass, it happens ALL the time these days.

So you're saying it makes sense to appoint some as president who has been at the company for half a year? Yeah....
    She ran a whole game studio before that. You act as if companies haven't HIRED someone from outside to come in as President.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Cube crawls might have been acceptable /s in 2010, but guess what... they aren't anymore. In fact, we should go back to the 1940s or so, when everyone knew their place, especially women and racial minorities. Sweet baby Jesus...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    the irony of mmo champ being mad at blizzard for being sexist whilst at the same time the thread is already filled with people "she is not fit for the job" "we cant have a woman in charge" "its only a token promotion" all the sexist stuff already spewing about how a woman cant be a leader is in full effect
    It's something similar to caring for well being of devs.. until some dev will say they didn't work last 2 days cause they are in shock their co-workers were harassed. Don't you love this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    There are people advocating for fresh classic servers and they have been before TBC even launched. I personally prefer BC-Cata era over vanilla, but the original version definitely has a cult following.
    No, stop making more servers. WoW already has the too many servers problem, if anything they need to cut down on these servers and merge things into 50/50 population servers or just abolish factions.

5+ Year Old Account
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Let's be real this is far from being the proper response we need from Activision, but this is a huge step in the right direction. Brack has been a terrible leader. You don't know how to lead a studio, Jay. You think you do, but you don't.

https://www.shondaland.com/live/mone...n-video-games/

"Oneal has made diversity and inclusion, both on screen and off, a priority."
    "It was very much a misfit boys club. Back when I started it was not the bro/frat club thing that you hear about in the latter years, because gaming was still kind of nerdy back then. "
    Talking about Tony Hawk Pro Skater remake-- "Because we thought we were limited on budget, we decided, “Let's just remove some of the older skaters. Let’s do half new and half old.” But at our very first greenlight, the president [of Activision Publishing, Rob Kostich] was like, “Let's add to the budget. It's time to reflect modern skateboarding.”

Go ahead and read the article. It will not be about making the game better... its going to be adding "diverse" for the sake of just adding. Having women in a story is fine and dandy if its organic... but Blizzard is screwed.

People here are just bigots threatened by a strong independent female. The future is female!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Blizzard was f*cked the day Activision took over. But only recently they doubled down and went further down the rabbit hole. Current state of WoW and Blizzard in general is due to real world politics influencing. Just look at the african and asian customization options and powerful women taking the forefront. That is 100% politics and pandering.

Politics should stay out of leisure activities or they cease to be leisure.
    I don't think you could be more blatantly racist if you tried. Black people ruin your game experience?