Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Highly concerned about the prospect of an employee that's been with the company for fewer than 7 months suddenly jumping to leadership. Mainly, there are good members of leadership that have been there for years that would've been better for it, but I guess that goes against the idea of "new" leadership.

I expect nothing but the ship to continue sinking since the leaders are just puppets for the largest shareholders anyway. Profits > Quality will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Bringing in "younger people" for the sake of bringing in younger people isn't a good idea.
    You need people with experience as well. And you especially don't need a token promotion like these two are. I guess this is part of blizzards promise to "diversify" since for some reason them sexually exploiting their workers now means that they simply need to "diversify" to swipe it all under the table.

Who would of thought that the best way to combat sexual misconduct would be to hire everybody by the color of their skin, their gender, and/or sexual orientation. Must make you happy, huh?
    Just a quick google search would have shown you that these two are industry veterans who both individually have decades of experience in their fields.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    the irony of mmo champ being mad at blizzard for being sexist whilst at the same time the thread is already filled with people "she is not fit for the job" "we cant have a woman in charge" "its only a token promotion" all the sexist stuff already spewing about how a woman cant be a leader is in full effect
    You can't just say "dat's sexist" to legitimate concerns. I am not at all surprised at the number of people happy that mob justice is winning instead of justice under the law, but it's highly disappointing and reconfirms my lack of faith in humanity.

Edit: Let me rephrase those questions to mean the same thing but maybe help you see them differently:
    "Does she have the experience and correct vision to guide Blizzard effectively?"
    "Is having a woman in charge of a company supposedly full of misogynists a good idea?"
    "Was she only promoted because of mass outcry about women's rights instead of her skill or desire to lead?"
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2021-08-03 at 03:57 PM.

Additionally, if you think this isn't timed to soften the coming investor call, I have a couple of bridges you might be interested in owning in a timeshare format.

Where is that one dude that comes into all these threads and tells us this is normal, people come and go, they worked there for so long who wouldn't want to move on? Maggie Simpson with a machine gun picture for the avatar. The dude that defended all these touchy feely guys for years as it being normal. That dude needs a soapbox!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    The reaction of some people to a woman being appointed co leader and then using "token promotion" reminds me of the first time a gay char was introduced in game and people were screaming "stop shoving LGBT amd woke propaganda into my game".

Nevermind the fact the person was already at the head of a game studio.

But it is much easier to throw snark then to wait and see if she will actually do a good job.
    So pointing out the obvious because you don't like it makes us the bad guys, huh?
    Logic and reasoning vs emotions and assumptions.
    It was a sexual harassment case that blew up the company. Of COURSE after their response in saying they'd push for more diversity hires...they kick out J Allen Brack as if this was HIS fault, and replace him with a female who has worked at the company for a few months-a female who also came out herself saying that she never saw any bad behavior at blizzard.(as if she could be an authority on the subject after 4 months) Now she's "co-President". I'm no mathematician, but I do know that 2+2=4. And anyone could of seen the writing on the wall.

She's not there by herself because she is a token promotion to that position.

So for anybody thinking that this means that blizzard is going to be a better company. You're in for a big disappointment. Same company...just now diversity hires so they can push the "we're woke" narrative. They'll still make a shitty product.

Oh, and don't get me wrong. I didn't like Brack myself. He always seemed like nothing more then a mouthpiece for whatever virtue signal or insincere apology that blizzard wanted to push or put out. Never got the impression that he was ready for the task of being President of Blizzard. Seems like they had no one else and they kind of just put him into that position.
    I guess in his case "You think you do...but you don't" applies to him accepting that promotion in the first place.

It's just not really a good company anymore. And they don't make great games anymore either.
    Last edited by Xires; 2021-08-03 at 03:58 PM.

It's a bit ironic that some people are acting as toxic in comments here as the lawsuit says the work environment is at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by sorshen View Post
    it's a bit ironic that some people are acting as toxic in comments here as the lawsuit says the work environment is at blizzard.
    10/10. 'where's muh games? I don't care about abuse! I want muh content!'

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Just a quick google search would have shown you that these two are industry veterans who both individually have decades of experience in their fields.
    Still doesn't change the fact they've not been at Blizzard very long which is what the original poster was saying, experienced or not that's completely irrelevant. Personally, I think putting people who are probably considered outsiders and not 10 year Blizzard vets in charge is the best way to go about it as they probably won't be tied to all the shit going on years back which is probably why they went down this route.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    It's a bit ironic that some people are acting as toxic in comments here as the lawsuit says the work environment is at Blizzard.
    it's the exact kind of climate they create in their games so it's not the least bit surprising it spills out elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    You can't just say "dat's sexist" to legitimate concerns. I am not at all surprised at the number of people happy that mob justice is winning instead of justice under the law, but it's highly disappointing and reconfirms my lack of faith in humanity.
    A shit ton of employees are coming forward with stories of how the work environment was nothing short of toxic, abusive and ultimately also inefficent, with many guys spending their working hours with drinking, harassing fellow co-workers and playing video games.

And a quick google search would tell you, that while Jen and Mike are new at Blizzard, they are both in their own right experienced professionals on their fields.

The new co-CEO looks like Afrasiabi and JAB had a baby. So creepy.

Hopefully new leadership can recognize that it's kind of BS that a game that's been doing weekly resets for over a decade still can't get it figured out. There's very little theyre adding for this reset, for what purpose is the reset taking 2 hours longer than scheduled? If it's because they're taking the time for their woke sjw bs... They could've at least said that.

J.A.B. stepping down but not fired? The hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Hopefully new leadership can recognize that it's kind of BS that a game that's been doing weekly resets for over a decade still can't get it figured out. There's very little theyre adding for this reset, for what purpose is the reset taking 2 hours longer than scheduled? If it's because they're taking the time for their woke sjw bs... They could've at least said that.
    woke BS is giving you longer maintenance down times? go touch some grass, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Where is that one dude that comes into all these threads and tells us this is normal, people come and go, they worked there for so long who wouldn't want to move on? Maggie Simpson with a machine gun picture for the avatar. The dude that defended all these touchy feely guys for years as it being normal. That dude needs a soapbox!
    He'll be here soon, he's just still busy in the /spit threads

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Still doesn't change the fact they've not been at Blizzard very long which is what the original poster was saying, experienced or not that's completely irrelevant. Personally, I think putting people who are probably considered outsiders and not 10 year Blizzard vets in charge is the best way to go about it as they probably won't be tied to all the shit going on years back which is probably why they went down this route.
    Thats not how many of these comments sounds though. While I give korijenkins the benefit of a doubt, xires comment sounds like he literally believes the new leadership of Blizz are two newbies fresh out of college for diversities sake, instead of two experienced industry veterans.

Wild ride for JAB huh?
    Went from being a virtually unknown part of the WoW team to making a comment about Classic that single-handedly allowed the community to force them to make the product.
    The dumbest, then the smartest, then the dumbest, and now the most true thing ever said about any product.

Then he becomes president of the entire company, then forced to resign for things that happened before the Classic comment.

Wild, wild ride.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    A shit ton of employees are coming forward with stories of how the work environment was nothing short of toxic, abusive and ultimately also inefficent, with many guys spending their working hours with drinking, harassing fellow co-workers and playing video games.

And a quick google search would tell you, that while Jen and Mike are new at Blizzard, they are both in their own right experienced professionals on their fields.
    And? Why should we cheer on mob justice again? Do you honestly believe any of this is actually going to end up positive for the players?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    10/10. 'where's muh games? I don't care about abuse! I want muh content!'
    Imagine paying for this game in its current state in the first place.

This whole Blizzard fiasco reminds me of the Metallica song King Nothing.