Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    all you're doing is crying about one person who hates white cismen in the context of an entire culture of treating women like objects. your priorities are fucked my dude.
    i wasn't. someone said the tweets were a hoax, i pointed out they weren't, and they started name calling. i'm not crying about anything. i can point out bad actors and terrible people no matter what the context is (which your "context" is a bullshit proposition anyway). if you cant you may be part of the problem.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

I get fixing the culture.. but WHAT ABOUT THE GAMES? What are they going to do to save WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Without game dev blizzard is dead.
    Thankfully, J. Allen Brack isn't a game developer or producer any longer. So his absence won't have much if any effect on that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    i wasn't. someone said the tweets were a hoax, i pointed out they weren't, and they started name calling. i'm not crying about anything. i can point out bad actors and terrible people no matter what the context is (which your "context" is a bullshit proposition anyway). if you cant you may be part of the problem.
    oh it's such bullshit that it took a state investigating them for 2 years to get enough evidence they felt it was necessary and needed to file a lawsuit? and no I saw you bring up how women do this shit as well which no one has ever said DOESN'T happen first of all. and then you use that woman's tweets as if that is also apart of this toxic work environment where men get drunk and make sexual advances to their female colleagues...

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Looking forward to laughing when everyone misses Ion just like everyone missed Ghostcrawler after he left.

Ion isn't the problem.
    Delusional

oh it's such bullshit that it took a state investigating them for 2 years to get enough evidence they felt it was necessary and needed to file a lawsuit? and no I saw you bring up how women do this shit as well which no one has ever said DOESN'T happen first of all. and then you use that woman's tweets as if that is also apart of this toxic work environment where men get drunk and make sexual advances to their female colleagues...
    it is part of the toxic culture at blizzard. just because it goes in a direction that you agree with doesn't mean its not toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Looking forward to laughing when everyone misses Ion just like everyone missed Ghostcrawler after he left.

Ion isn't the problem.
    Yeah... unfortunately, he is. He's WoWs Game Director i.e. the man who directs where the game goes. If he is not actively saying "I want this idea in the game", then he's the one who's greenlighting other people's ideas.

it is part of the toxic culture at blizzard. just because it goes in a direction that you agree with doesn't mean its not toxic.
    I'm not saying it's not toxic, I'm saying the scales on whose behavior is more abhorrent is VASTLY leaning more towards the men. because, that's clearly what's going on here?

I'm not not saying it's not toxic, I'm saying the scales on whose behavior is more abhorrent is VASTLY leaning more towards the men. because, well, this annoying thing called evidence.
    its all equally abhorrent. doesn't matter where its coming from. as far as evidence? wait for the court hearing, because the filing is VERY selective. it is trying VERY hard to spin a very particular narrative. which is the whole point of a filing. make the case look as good as you can for your side.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If anything development for the game should improve! I know if I was working in an environment as such was described in the lawsuit they sure as shit wouldn't be getting the best work out of me, how could they in such a dangerous and toxic working environment?
    you would think given how lackluster the response has been to these last two expansions was any clue...

its all equally abhorrent. doesn't matter where its coming from. as far as evidence? wait for the court hearing, because the filing is VERY selective. it is trying VERY hard to spin a very particular narrative. which is the whole point of a filing. make the case look as good as you can for your side.
    alright well I can't MAKE you realize that saying mean things on twitter and sharing a pic of some woman's vagina at a work party and that same woman later killing herself on a business trip are NOT AT ALL equal. that's something you'll have to figure out yourself.

sharing a pic of some woman's vagina at a work party and that same woman later killing herself on a business trip are NOT AT ALL equal.
    Rumor. It was rumored her picture was maybe spread at a company event. the only reality we know from that situation was she was sleeping with her boss and she killed herself because of something related to that. that's the real evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needed new leadership. This mess that happened maybe the turning point to a positive direction.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Rumor. It was rumored her picture was maybe spread at a company event. the only reality we know from that situation was she was sleeping with her boss and she killed herself because of something related to that. that's the real evidence.
    which still looks pretty fucking terrible on Blizzard's part... Jesus Christ. that ALONE should be alarming enough that things need to change at Blizzard big time.

which still looks pretty fucking terrible on Blizzard's part... Jesus Christ. that ALONE should be alarming enough that things need to change at Blizzard big time.
    you're right, fraternization is generally prohibited in the workplace because of situations like this. i'm not against things changing at blizzard. i just don't one toxicity replaced by another. it all needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Phagelives View Post
    Bobby Kotick will not be stepping down , for him to "step down" another company would have to buy activiblizzard and honestly who would buy this company right now??
    Incorrect. Bobby can be fired by the Chairman of the Board of ATVI, Brian Kelly. Bobby does not own ATVI, the shareholders do, and the board represents those shareholders. Bobby is the biggest private holder of ATVI stock, but it's less than 1%, it's something like 4 million shares out of over 700 million shares.

I don't expect the board to do that...at least not now. He's probably been given a couple of quarters to turn this around. Firing Brack would be his first move forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunami View Post
    Anyone blaming J Allen is a complete idiot.

He was not in charge while any of this was happening.
    Mike was though.

This is the equivalent of blaming Biden for the terrorist attack on the Capitol Hill.
    J Allen, like him or not, has been leading since the state filed charges in 2018, and the company's failure to make enough changes for the state to not sue is on J Allen. That's part of his job - when directed by the CEO of your parent company to do the bare minimum when faced with a lawsuit from the state for harassment and pay inequality and bad hiring/promotion policies, you comply, or quit.

Just remember, this lawsuit was for more than the frat boys. And J Allen most likely had to fall on his sword because he was reigned in by ATVI from changing enough, or he was part of the problem. I'm leaning towards the former. But it's possible it's the second one. Nobody knows.

But I guess awful political analogies and anger are more fun?

Literally what you are doing? Because some people are concerned about the product that have spent a large portion of their lives with that automatically means they hate women or want them to continue to be abused at Blizzard? Such utter nonsense you'll break those pearls if you clutch them any harder.
    You literally asked why people should be concerned about women being abused.

Think on that. Because no one needs to have pearls or want to clutch them to know that’s a fucking disgusting sentiment. Caring about people and caring about a product are not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You dont need to wait, results are in - they are off to court, and heads are already rolling.
    Heads are rolling because bad PR is a nightmare regardless and anybody who let things escalate to this point deserves to be axed.
    The fact they're off to court means that results are NOT in.

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    Blizzard needed new leadership. This mess that happened maybe the turning point to a positive direction.
    I don't even know why posters on here are resisting it so much. All of the change in management absolutely had to happen. Having a better work environment should only help the company in the long run.

Why are you worried about women at blizz who just got a few hands touching them
    Yeah, you didn’t say that at all.