Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    No, it's not a hoax.

I'm also gay and in a relationship with a guy, so nice job making stupid assumptions and proving that you don't actually care about discrimination. Since, y'know, when someone makes bigoted comments about men that also refers to gay men who have zero interest in pursuing women.
    Is that like the bit where the Quartering claimed that his dad is in a polyamorous relationship with two black men as deflection?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    It's almost like... mmo-c is not a hivemind.

WOAH

Probably the reason why he got picked. They need high ups streaming the game while sipping wine as well.
    He could have been picked because he seems to be more into the plattform and services kind of things with, you know, it being revealed that the lead game devs abuse the shit out of those.

Notice it doesn't say he was let go from Blizzard, just that he's not leading anymore. Sounds like despite knowing all that stuff was going on he's still employed, just not the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the reason why he got picked. They need high ups streaming the game while sipping wine as well.
    I mean neither you or I know the guy to claim whether he's sipping wine or twirling moustache or best pal ever.

But I do see that him having all 20's done this season and raiding mythic with actual decent % as a BIG plus. For all his real or imaginary faults, at the very bloody least he plays WoW and quite a bit a that. So I certainly have hope that he knows what's good and what's not so good about WoW.

Now he's not going to be WoW designer, but maybe him knowing what's what about it will somehow help to direct efforts at least there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Notice it doesn't say he was let go from Blizzard, just that he's not leading anymore. Sounds like despite knowing all that stuff was going on he's still employed, just not the face.
    Nah, it was separately confirmed that he got yeeted.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-08-03 at 11:04 PM.

I do wonder about his golden parachute and how much he was rewarded to have the company meltdown while he was at the helm.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You know they have already completed a 2 year investigation, right?
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/19/austr...dst/index.html

Wrongful accusations and convictions happen all the time, including with lengthy investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Yeah, I don't believe you believe in that one. You are pissed because what happened at Blizzard is your power fantasy for your lonely nights. You love the idea of giving those femoids "what they deserve" for rejecting you and only dating Chads, never having noticed that you are toxic while those Chads, guess what, they probably are nice and wonderful young men to have arround.
    I mean the thought process goes back at least to the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. More recently (1760's) with Blackstone's Ratio, basically saying that it should be hard enough to prove guilt that it is better than 10 guilty people go free than one innocent person suffers. This is the basis for our court system, and why we must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime has occurred, and it must happen in a court in front of a jury of fairly randomly picked peers. Not on the street or on twitter by whatever mob screams "guilty" the loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    which is too fucking bad that it's going to a company that needs the government to intervene into it's business practices.
    You mean every business that's existed since you've been alive? Have you ever once looked into starting your own business and the ridiculous amount of things you need to do? God forbid you get over 50 employees, because then it becomes a real shit show of rules and regulations. We have entire government organizations whose whole purpose is to intervene in business practices including the USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA, and the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    all you're doing is crying about one person who hates white cismen in the context of an entire culture of treating women like objects. your priorities are fucked my dude.
    That's a hyperbolic false narrative pushed by people trying to use it as leverage for special treatment. Though I would love for you to prove that the "entire culture treats women like objects". I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Two types of people, ladies and gentlemen
    God forbid there is a third type of person going: "Is she qualified and have a good vision for the game rather than just being promoted for optics sake?" or "How long was this in the works? Were these people chosen after months of interviews or randomly picked from talent pools after a snap step-down decision?" It's almost like there are all kinds of people, and not just 2 sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    God forbid there is a third type of person going: "Is she qualified and have a good vision for the game rather than just being promoted for optics sake?" or "How long was this in the works? Were these people chosen after months of interviews or randomly picked from talent pools after a snap step-down decision?" It's almost like there are all kinds of people, and not just 2 sides.
    That's dangerous thinking right there.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Why did they have to set two people as lead of the studio. Why not have Jen there on her own. I guess that would be too much to ask to have a woman leading the studio without a mans help...
    How do you know she has the qualifications to lead the studio alone? Just because she's a woman?
    Hi there, mr. sexist.

Soooo are all the white knights going to go ahead and quit the game for good now the same way they cancelled all the Method team now that you know that the company itself
    that makes the game allowed this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean neither you or I know the guy to claim whether he's sipping wine or twirling moustache or best pal ever.
    For context

I'm not openly saying they want their own Yoshi-P, but...

Wrongful accusations and convictions happen all the time, including with lengthy investigations.

I mean the thought process goes back at least to the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. More recently (1760's) with Blackstone's Ratio, basically saying that it should be hard enough to prove guilt that it is better than 10 guilty people go free than one innocent person suffers. This is the basis for our court system, and why we must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime has occurred, and it must happen in a court in front of a jury of fairly randomly picked peers. Not on the street or on twitter by whatever mob screams "guilty" the loudest.

You mean every business that's existed since you've been alive? Have you ever once looked into starting your own business and the ridiculous amount of things you need to do? God forbid you get over 50 employees, because then it becomes a real shit show of rules and regulations. We have entire government organizations whose whole purpose is to intervene in business practices including the USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA, and the list goes on.

That's a hyperbolic false narrative pushed by people trying to use it as leverage for special treatment. Though I would love for you to prove that the "entire culture treats women like objects". I'll wait.

This post is way too informed, knowdgeable and wise.
    Therefore it will completely fly over the head of most people here.

10+ Year Old Account
    For context

I'm not openly saying they want their own Yoshi-P, but...
    I see, makes more sense.

But overall it's always nice to have head honcho at the studio to actually be a guy who loves the game. So I take it as a bonus.

[url]I mean the thought process goes back at least to the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. More recently (1760's) with Blackstone's Ratio, basically saying that it should be hard enough to prove guilt that it is better than 10 guilty people go free than one innocent person suffers. This is the basis for our court system, and why we must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime has occurred, and it must happen in a court in front of a jury of fairly randomly picked peers. Not on the street or on twitter by whatever mob screams "guilty" the loudest.
    Rationally looking at it, one one had you have Blizzard employees walking out, women left and right talking out about their traumatic experiences at Blizzard, Chris Metzens own wife stating she got out of Blizzard with PTSD and being about to form a union because the working conditions are so toxic and horrible. On the other hand you have Bush Torture Lady saying nothing happened, everything is fine.

If under this circumstances your conclusion is to side with the accused, you probably have a bias. And probably are a virgin or somebody with a record.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Is that like the bit where the Quartering claimed that his dad is in a polyamorous relationship with two black men as deflection?
    How is it a deflection?

Like, how do you expect me to prove that I'm gay? I mean, I could post some bara art that I like but it's pretty NSFW and would earn me a ban so...

for good reason. I'm not seeing the issue!

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    the irony of mmo champ being mad at blizzard for being sexist whilst at the same time the thread is already filled with people "she is not fit for the job" "we cant have a woman in charge" "its only a token promotion" all the sexist stuff already spewing about how a woman cant be a leader is in full effect
    It has nothing to do with the fact that a woman can't lead, it's the fact that it's obvious that this is a direct response to the sexual harassment allegations. She is literally the token woman in this situation. There's no other reason why they decided to have two people lead Blizzard instead of one. She's been with the company 5 months, they promote TWO people to lead instead of one. It just smells like they wanted to have the guy lead Blizzard, but opted to have "two leaders" so that way one could be a woman.
    I think you're coming into this with a bias of looking for sexist remarks when you need to view it from the same lens that the people critiquing the decision are. Most people are not looking to bash this person because she's a woman, but when you have the president of a company "stepping down" to be replaced by TWO PEOPLE and not JUST ONE, and one of those two people JUST SO HAPPENS to be a woman in the time period where said company is being sued by the state of California for claims of sexual harassment against women... I mean... It's a little fishy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It has nothing to do with the fact that a woman can't lead, it's the fact that it's obvious that this is a direct response to the sexual harassment allegations. She is literally the token woman in this situation. There's no other reason why they decided to have two people lead Blizzard instead of one. She's been with the company 5 months, they promote TWO people to lead instead of one. It just smells like they wanted to have the guy lead Blizzard, but opted to have "two leaders" so that way one could be a woman.
    I think you're coming into this with a bias of looking for sexist remarks when you need to view it from the same lens that the people critiquing the decision are. Most people are not looking to bash this person because she's a woman, but when you have the president of a company "stepping down" to be replaced by TWO PEOPLE and not JUST ONE, and one of those two people JUST SO HAPPENS to be a woman in the time period where said company is being sued by the state of California for claims of sexual harassment against women... I mean... It's a little fishy, right?
    no shit....? so what? that still doesn't mean they shouldn't be in those positions lol.

great first step, the next should be Townsend "leaving for further opportunities"

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Most people are just too lazy to google her up and probably assume she is some industry newby fresh out of college. With all the persecution and victim complex going on here, one could solve water shortages world white just through the male tears collected here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    great first step, the next should be Townsend "leaving for further opportunities"
    I am personally opposed to Townsend being let go of yet

...not until they did an re-enectment of the novel War Crimes with Townsend playing the part of Garrosh Hellscream.

What the hell does the article you linked have to do with the subject at hand? That is the biggest reach i have seen in forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Re: "the token woman" ...

Honestly what else could they do? The call is for representation and a more even playing field in the workplace here. The only way you do that is by having a man and a woman. Nationalities and transgender aside, you can still boil things down to a man and a woman.

So they did that. I won't say it's best, I won't say it's smart, I will say that it is the only thing they could do quickly to try to get ahead of this issue. For the good of the studio. And I really don't care about doing good for executive leadership or Blizzard's stock prices... I care about doing good for the people working there at the grunt level who need to keep their job until at the very least they can formulate their own exit strategy.