Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    If under this circumstances your conclusion is to side with the accused, you probably have a bias. And probably are a virgin or somebody with a record.
    See? You just made a inflammatory comment about someone you know nothing about. You're just as bad as the people you despise.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    And they only picked this Microsoft guy because he's not a long time Blizzard executive. The point is there are reasons to believe they're both "token" hires.. but one of them is getting overwhelmingly more attention
    Yes, because the buzz is about Blizzard being hostile to women, not Blizzard being hostile to Microsoft guys.
    I mean, DUH?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    the irony of mmo champ being mad at blizzard for being sexist whilst at the same time the thread is already filled with people "she is not fit for the job" "we cant have a woman in charge" "its only a token promotion" all the sexist stuff already spewing about how a woman cant be a leader is in full effect
    Can I have this as a sig, good sir/ma'am? It's so true it hurts
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Most people are just too lazy to google her up and probably assume she is some industry newby fresh out of college. With all the persecution and victim complex going on here, one could solve water shortages world white just through the male tears collected here.
    Tell me you're a feminist without telling me you're a feminist.

Because the only people that fall back on tired old tropes like "male tears" are feminists.

Time to come up with some new material, sunshine.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    Obviously no, it'd be great if she did a good job, but the general problem of "token hires" is that they're hired for their appearance/skincolor/sex rather than their competence and worthiness.
    Yes, but as long as it achieves the ultimate goal of improvement, I really don't see the issue myself :P.
    I can also imagine not a lot of people are rushing for the jobs either, considering the climate atm ^^.
    But of course, only time can tell!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    great first step, the next should be Townsend "leaving for further opportunities"
    It cannot happen too soon. Torture lady should go asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Can I have this as a sig, good sir/ma'am? It's so true it hurts
    Why would you want to put a strawman in your signature?

15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously no, it'd be great if she did a good job, but the general problem of "token hires" is that they're hired for their appearance/skincolor/sex rather than their competence and worthiness.
    She has nearly two decades of experience, five years of which were running a studio with over 200 employees. Sounds pretty competent to me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want to put a strawman in your signature?
    Because it isn't a strawman, and you know it, no matter the amount of alt right tropes you can spit out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    She has nearly two decades of experience, five years of which were running a studio with over 200 employees. Sounds pretty competent to me.
    She's practically the best Blizzard can resort to, at least in the current circumstances.

Because it isn't a strawman, and you know it, no matter the amount of alt right tropes you can spit out.
    That won't stop him from bullying that other poster. He's making it personal, for reasons, and I'm disappointed the mods haven't stepped in yet. But considering how often that seems to be allowed here these days...whatever. Just ignore it. Best you can do.

15+ Year Old Account
    She's practically the best Blizzard can resort to, at least in the current circumstances.
    Yeah. Just going back and watching her interview with Geoff Keighley for the THPS1+2 reveal and it seems to me like she's exactly the kind of person you'd want in charge of stuff at Blizzard right now, especially given recent sentiments about WoW's direction in particular. She's made her bones revitalizing fan favorite properties.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    That has nothing to do with not being able to be misandrist or racist. White people can have black friends and still be racists. A woman can be married to a man and still be misandrist and sexist. Same as a man can be married to a woman and have many female friends and still be misandrist or sexist. Women can and are even sexist towards other women.
    Yeah, no, thats not how it works. Your side made up that rule, I'm free to abuse the shit out of it. If you have a problem with that, write a formal complaint to the republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Tell me you're a feminist without telling me you're a feminist.

Because the only people that fall back on tired old tropes like "male tears" are feminists.

Time to come up with some new material, sunshine.
    It still gets a rise out of triggered special snowflake culture warriors, so its a good meme. Your argument is like saying Bladerunner is bad because its an old movie. Who gives a fuck, its still a great movie.

Brack did not quit. He was given the option to quit. And putting the other two into the leadership position and splitting it between two people....pure tokenism.

Misandry is not a thing in the real world. Whats next, you being triggered over orcphobia?
    Wait....you ACTUALLY think misandry isn't real?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Wait....you ACTUALLY think misandry isn't real?
    It is real, but actual misandry is a real niche concept. Like, do you believe that Madeleine Roux is an actual man-hater and anti-white racist in real life or is it more likely that her comments specifically dudebros of the gamergate breed, while having perfectly healthy and respectful relationships with most men who are not sexist trash?

Otherwise, as a feminist, everyone who is an actual misandrist, not just an edgy shitposter, will be considered kind of a bitch or an asshole. Terfs are actual unironic misandrists and everyone on feminist and leftist circles utterly hates these people, thats what the JK Rowling shitshow is all about.
    Last edited by Diaphin; 2021-08-04 at 03:07 AM.

I actually don't have much confidence there will be actual change within the game. What should change for the customers to be happy, from what I mostly gathered over the years and what is currently transpiring. Including some of my opinions...

- Systems have been complained about for two expansions.
    Remove it and the promotion of player gap that accompanies it. (If they are adamant about this. Which not everyone will be agreeable with it.. I already suggested a good way to make the hamster wheel look more appealing. Even to casuals.)

- Give back an actual reward structure for raiding or activities in general.
    Which is cosmetics, mounts, etc. (things you can actually carry with you to other expansions..not ilvl) Makes replayablity in the long run too. The new raid let us get more neat transmogs for weapons. Way overdue...Yet they didn't let us have legendary bow drop on LFR. (You have the capability to fix that Blizzard before the last wing releases btw and give incentive for current players to stay engaged in LFR.)

- Decent story.
    I don't expect the most groundbreaking material. I expect them not to be insinuating the message of hatred and division. (Along with provoking the fans) Give the right message. Also to stop making a mockery out of certain characters out of animosity for the community, or the direction from up above, whatever is going on there... (Some fans have been sincerely offended lately)

I can't anticipate leisure activities back or big group activities (A long with a nice PVP one on level of Ashran) until next expansion..realistically I would assume.

I did like another players opinion of an apology hotfix as fans have been upset for a much longer time. I have offered minimalist solutions. One that is included in this post about letting the legendary bow drop in LFR. Also release a lot of rewards in Torghast. I can't say that will make up of years of years upon of negligence or people feeling offended. It's just something to keep current players around to play the content. That is currently available to them.

Let's see if the sabotage of this IP is truly gone when new people fill up these roles within the company. Or if it will still be there.

It is real, but actual misandry is a real niche concept. Like, do you believe that Madeleine Roux is an actual man-hater and anti-white racist in real life or is it more likely that her comments specifically dudebros of the gamergate breed, while having perfectly healthy and respectful relationships with most men who are not sexist trash?

Otherwise, as a feminist, everyone who is an actual misandrist, not just an edgy shitposter, will be considered kind of a bitch or an asshole. Terfs are actual unironic misandrists and everyone on feminist and leftist circles utterly hates these people, thats what the JK Rowling shitshow is all about.
    It doesn't matter what the reasoning is. Being sexist is always disgusting. Would you likewise defend a man who spouted degrading comments about women but had "healthy" relationships with some women?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It doesn't matter what the reasoning is. Being sexist is always disgusting. Would you likewise defend a man who spouted degrading comments about women but had "healthy" relationships with some women?
    Shit, your avatar isn't just ironical, right?

They're figureheads, nothing's changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I actually don't have much confidence there will be actual change within the game. What should change for the customers to be happy, from what I mostly gathered over the years and what is currently transpiring. Including some of my opinions...

- Systems have been complained about for two expansions.
    Remove it and the promotion of player gap that accompanies it. (If they are adamant about this. Which not everyone will be agreeable with it.. I already suggested a good way to make the hamster wheel look more appealing. Even to casuals.)

- Give back an actual reward structure for raiding or activities in general.
    Which is cosmetics, mounts, etc. (things you can actually carry with you to other expansions..not ilvl) Makes replayablity in the long run too. The new raid let us get more neat transmogs for weapons. Way overdue...Yet they didn't let us have legendary bow drop on LFR. (You have the capability to fix that Blizzard before the last wing releases btw and give incentive for current players to stay engaged in LFR.)

- Decent story.
    I don't expect the most groundbreaking material. I expect them not to be insinuating the message of hatred and division. (Along with provoking the fans) Give the right message. Also to stop making a mockery out of certain characters out of animosity for the community, or the direction from up above, whatever is going on there... (Some fans have been sincerely offended lately)

I can't anticipate leisure activities back or big group activities (A long with a nice PVP one on level of Ashran) until next expansion..realistically I would assume.

I did like another players opinion of an apology hotfix as fans have been upset for a much longer time. I have offered minimalist solutions. One that is included in this post about letting the legendary bow drop in LFR. Also release a lot of rewards in Torghast. I can't say that will make up of years of years upon of negligence or people feeling offended. It's just something to keep current players around to play the content. That is currently available to them.

Let's see if the sabotage of this IP is truly gone when new people fill up these roles within the company. Or if it will still be there.
    Outside of hiring better writers and don't creat messes by banking on fan theories and mysteries for engagement, these are horrible ideas. Normal Modes are nowadays easily accessible through the LFG tool and tend to often be quicker than LFGs. Systems are not the problem, their implementation often is. The problem with the Covenant system right now is predominantly that anima was by far to obnoxious to get and that they tie cosmetic rewards to player power, which is bad.

Otherwise I would guess a return to titanforged probably would be actually a good idea to appease the majority of players and return to the formate of Legion, which was the most popular and well received expansion of the more modern iteration of World of Warcraft. I think when it comes to casual players, making m+ just harder and harder with each expansion and making World Quests more tedious and less rewarding are bigger issues, besides the difficulty of older expansion raids.