Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Post New leadership at blizzard

Starting today, J. Allen Brack will be stepping down as the leader of the studio, and Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra will co-lead Blizzard moving forward

Offical post:
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...ip-at-blizzard

J. Allen Brack steps down

Starting today, J. Allen Brack will be stepping down as the leader of the studio, and Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra will co-lead Blizzard moving forward.
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...ip-at-blizzard
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Heads starting to fall. We'll see if this ends into a better WoW or not.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Good riddance. Are there any original Blizzard people left?
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Good riddance. Are there any original Blizzard people left?
    Do you consider Ion Original?

Nobody should be surprised.

Dont think he left because 'he wanted to step down' either - its more likely because hes concluded (or been told by laywers) theres simply too much tangible evidence pointing towards 'he knew - and was part of the problem'. Pictures, emails, employee 1st hand stories etc. Despite his statement about hating frat-bro culture, which people immediately started poking holes in.... from his actions in years past.

His Lawyer probably said you should get the hell out now, before all this shit gets discovered/aired out in public and makes you (and the company) look even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    As long as Ion and Activision are here, no.

So where is the poll where i can choose how long time i think it will take before players start to blame everything wrong with Wow on the new ones ?

WoW won't change until Ion is replaced

This will change absolutely nothing lol

Not as long as Ion is at the reins.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    WoW won't change until Ion is replaced
    Yeah except Ion in Game Director, as in the person in charge of overseeing development of a video game.

I dont really know why i say it since no one ever listen, but he is not making the decisions what direction story will take or what system to add, he might be part of the group that does it but there is not 1 single person making the decisions and have never been.

But i know its easier to blame everything on just one guy, problem is, when that guy goes away nothing changes since the group making the decisions is still there.

Nothing will change. I don't think any of those people has real impact on the studio itself, with Activision pulling the strings.
    To me it's just a token change, trying to show that they're doing *something*
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah except Ion in Game Director, as in the person in charge of overseeing development of a video game.

I dont really know why i say it since no one ever listen, but he is not making the decisions what direction story will take or what system to add, he might be part of the group that does it but there is not 1 single person making the decisions and have never been.

But i know its easier to blame everything on just one guy, problem is, when that guy goes away nothing changes since the group making the decisions is still there.
    He's the face of WoW, he gets blamed. It's as easy as that. Over the several years Ion has been Game Director, WoW has become worse and worse and just hit a new low with Shadowlands. Sorry, but he's the one in the chair that we know about so he gets the blame and shame.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post

because as the leader his vision influences the team and their direction... new leader could mean new vision and the team shifts direction to match the new vision. E.G new leader comes in and hates "borrowed power" systems so now the team no longer develops those systems.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Ion owns Shittylands. Remove him well before 10.0 and the next expansion.

And no more god-damned "systems"

This almost certainly wasn't Brack's decision, he was asked to retire. Optics were too poor. Important to signal this is taken seriously, and leadership matters.

Re Ion, it's fair to blame him for the overall direction of the game, as that's his responsibility. Every individual aspect that you dislike, perhaps not. Anyway, nobody accused Ion of playing grabass so that's a big derail.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-08-03 at 01:02 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty certain he's one of the accused now. The new guys will be just the same in putting shareholders before customers though. Activision guarantee.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Ion owns Shittylands. Remove him well before 10.0 and the next expansion.

And no more god-damned "systems"
    You do realise his influence is most likely already a part of 10.0. Even if they would kick him out now.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..