Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    The new guys will be just the same in putting shareholders before customers.
    That was not the problem here. Allowing a culture of harassing women didn't generate shareholder value-- just the opposite, it built to a huge scandal and generated tons of negative publicity. The best way to generate value for shareholders is to squash this sort of fratboy bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Do you consider Ion Original?
    No because he's not. Ah well. Blizzard deserve to burn anyway.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah except Ion in Game Director, as in the person in charge of overseeing development of a video game.

I dont really know why i say it since no one ever listen, but he is not making the decisions what direction story will take or what system to add, he might be part of the group that does it but there is not 1 single person making the decisions and have never been.

But i know its easier to blame everything on just one guy, problem is, when that guy goes away nothing changes since the group making the decisions is still there.
    Literally Game Director is the job that overseas the direction of the game. He may not come up with every idea, but he has to clear them. It is fair to point the blame on him for the shitty direction the game is going, because it is his job to direct it to be developed in the best way possible. It is also easy to blame him because every interview he has ever had, he has obfuscated and mislead, and has created so much confusion and distrust that the players have.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You do realise his influence is most likely already a part of 10.0. Even if they would kick him out now.
    Definitely, but it might not be too late for Legion v-4.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That was not the problem here. Allowing a culture of harassing women didn't generate shareholder value-- just the opposite, it built to a huge scandal and generated tons of negative publicity. The best way to generate value for shareholders is to squash this sort of fratboy bullshit.
    Yeah this move doesn't address the in-game quality, at least not directly, its much higher than that. Obviously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Heads starting to fall. We'll see if this ends into a better WoW or not.
    Why would you see any change in WoW based on the CEO stepping down? I think you have some unrealistic expectations on the influence J.AB exerted in the development direction of WoW. You appoint heads of departments for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Ion owns Shittylands. Remove him well before 10.0 and the next expansion.

And no more god-damned "systems"
    10.0 is already well into development. It wouldn't change shit.
    Also Ion has nothing to do with these allegations and the team has already been talking about how he has been the only one to step up and take care of shit at the company rn.

Hallejah, THANK GOD!!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

About time and good riddance. The guy always came over as a yes-man for Activision, he hasn’t done anything to make their games better and is just there to sweet talk the earning calls. Straight up lied with ‘we will do better’ and then release WC3:Reforged afterwards…

The ‘you think you do but you don’t’ alone was a red flag of what to expect, a team that doesn’t know what the player base actually wants and only listens to their own ego.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    J Allen Brack is not the guy that had to quit today, it's that obese prick Bobby Kotick that needed to step down.
    Bobby Kotick and his Anti-Blizz antics are a large reason as to why we've gotten such shitty products from Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Bobby Kotick and his Anti-Blizz antics are a large reason as to why we've gotten such shitty products from Blizzard
    While that's probably true, Kotick did generate tremendous shareholder value and is not accused of harassing women in this particular lawsuit. So it really isn't pertinent.

5+ Year Old Account
    I dont really know why i say it since no one ever listen, but he is not making the decisions what direction story will take or what system to add, he might be part of the group that does it but there is not 1 single person making the decisions and have never been.
    A better strawman than most in these boards... but still a strawman. I don't think anyone is seriously claiming here that Ion is the one taking each and every decision about any of the game's features, completely uncontested. Still, as game director, he bears the ultimate responsibility for the decisions made by his team. Much like Brack is still ultimately responsible for all of this "frat boy party" trainwreck, even if he hadn't done anything wrong himself.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-08-05 at 01:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Bobby needs to step down

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion is just a convenient community target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    ion doesnt need to go. at best he can still stay but be the head of the raids and dungeons like in MoP.

Was expected to have JAB step down (or be forced to).

Bit dumbfounded with all the requests for Ion's head on this thread, since he has nothing to do with the big scandals and is probably one of the guys holding WoW together, and apart from some minor issues, Shadowlands has been great. 9.1 is great as far as end game goes. So yea, stop asking for his head, i'd say.

Ok....That changes nothing as long as Grand Nagus Kotick is at the helm, and D-anuser keeps writing personal wank fantasies into the game as the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

If Ion was responsible for the removal of set gear since Legion he 100% has to go, many people wanted it, not shitty proc gear and be forced todo shitty mythic + to get better ilvl gear than actual raid gear.

Yeah except Ion in Game Director, as in the person in charge of overseeing development of a video game.

But i know its easier to blame everything on just one guy, problem is, when that guy goes away nothing changes since the group making the decisions is still there.
    I don't believe it, make Holinka the game director of WoW and changes are this game will find to its roots back to WORLD of WARcraft. Since Ion is game director we saw only huge amounts of instanced pve content and systems. That can't be a coincidence, isn't it?

Guess why New World Beta is so popular right now, its more War in that mmo than in WORLD of WARcraft and this is nothing, but embarassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Agreed. He very clearly cares about the game, & I can imagine him fighting against a lot of changes he's been talked into pushing. WoW recently has felt like a game designed overly around metrics & psychology, & I have to imagine some of that is pushed onto him & the team to integrate.

OT though, it's great to be rid of Brack. Absolutely detestable fella.

7+ Year Old Account
    LMFAO this thread. Should just change the title to bashing Ion.