Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

ActiBlizz Earnings Call is starting, if anyone interested

Link

https://investor.activision.com/even...onference-call

You can fill out some random name and mail i think, just to hear it live

What do you think will be said?

Probably how much money call of duty is making them with warzone.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Link

https://investor.activision.com/even...onference-call

You can fill out some random name and mail i think, just to hear it live

What do you think will be said?
    Sadly, the earnings call is one-way communication. So, hopefully, it'll be an announcement of the choice of a law office and means to create a gain for investors.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Revenue is up, but Blizzard players are down.

So exactly what we all expected. Activision has no incentive to deal with this because worst-case Blizz just implodes and they can gobble up what they really want, the IPs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Players leaving, money rolling in. Doing a good job milking those whales. Managed Decline to a T.

I find it fascinating that while most MMORPGs and video gaming companies are thriving in new players, Blizzard is actively losing them since last year. They’re basically working against the trend where others gain massive amounts of new players while Blizzard is losing massive amounts of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Players leaving, money rolling in. Doing a good job milking those whales. Managed Decline to a T.
    This. I‘m someone who bought the TBC Deluxe edition. I shouldn’t have, but I did. And that’s where the money comes from, not from the huge amount of subs or sales, it’s from the few that spend money for stuff that doesn’t have a real worth or gameplay value attached to it, but is… fluff.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

1+ Year Old Account
    Gonna continue to eat off the whales while the rest of the player base disappears. Gotta milk that money...

Standard post-expansion dropoff?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I find it fascinating that while most MMORPGs and video gaming companies are thriving in new players, Blizzard is actively losing them since last year. They’re basically working against the trend where others gain massive amounts of new players while Blizzard is losing massive amounts of players.

- - - Updated - - -

This. I‘m someone who bought the TBC Deluxe edition. I shouldn’t have, but I did. And that’s where the money comes from, not from the huge amount of subs or sales, it’s from the few that spend money for stuff that doesn’t have a real worth or gameplay value attached to it, but is… fluff.
    I mean I bought the TBC Deluxe because I sure didn't realize a month later Blizzard would be embroiled in a huge Sexual Misconduct scandal. It was a free game but I wanted to make it clear that TBC isn't just "Wrath Waiting Room" to me, it was the destination.

Anyway as for the trend of WoW shrinking while other MMOs are largely growing, blame a mix of impossible to get into due to so many systems, gameplay that's long ago rotted out, and the scandals.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Most MMOs =/= Final Fantasy XIV though. FFXIV is doing very well, but OSRS is stagnating at best, & upcoming titles like NW are yet to be truly tested.

All I could gather from this is that TBC Classic is carrying ShitLands on its back.

This is now the new Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    All I could gather from this is that TBC Classic is carrying ShitLands on its back.
    Classic did the same during BfA, so no surprise here.

YOU took our saliva.

WoW is doing fine it seems?

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    WoW is doing fine it seems?

MAUs down and all the success (they’re losing players for several quarters now) is blamed on TBC Classic launch.

I guess it’s doing fine overall, yeah, but retail without Classic? I think that would be a vastly different picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Most MMOs =/= Final Fantasy XIV though. FFXIV is doing very well, but OSRS is stagnating at best, & upcoming titles like NW are yet to be truly tested.
    Think its safe to say that Lost ark will also be a hit in the west, seeing the talk and what not its mostly positives from that game.

Also the most played MMO in Korea and people in the west have been waiting for that game for a very long time me included.

So there is another one in the way.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Think its safe to say that Lost ark will also be a hit in the west, seeing the talk and what not its mostly positives from that game.

Also the most played MMO in Korea and people in the west have been waiting for that game for a very long time me included.

So there is another one in the way.
    Time'll tell. It's impossible to judge an MMO after a few weeks of beta or how well its performed overseas. Give it 2-5 years & we'll see how both of them are really doing.

(I've not heard of Lost Ark, so I'll be looking into it myself!)

Inb4 'Blizzard is making money therefore the game is fine'

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lol yeah sure keep telling yourself that
    It was an actual question. I'm not listening to the call.