Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ITT: Wild speculation based off of incomplete information. Highlights to include: "Classic is carrying retail," "subscribers are down to all-time lows," any mention of the word "whales," and a general aura of negative cynicism thick enough to blot out the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Most MMOs =/= Final Fantasy XIV though. FFXIV is doing very well, but OSRS is stagnating at best, & upcoming titles like NW are yet to be truly tested.
    Guild Wars 2 is seeing quarter over quarter growth and has an expansion coming in February. ESO is releasing yearly chapters and is a steadily growing game, Albion Online has been massively growing for a year now.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

This part is always my favorite part to read...but no one ever mentions it...
    I just dont understand how they can always say in every quarter they make more money than before...but everytime i read this part...is different

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Oh I'm sorry then! These forums got me on edge today lol forgive me.

I think it's important to note that Q2 consists of the months of April, May and June and will not include the most recent exodus of players most recently in this month.
    This, 100%. Q3's call will be the most interesting one. But it's telling they're highlighting TBC Classic, and not Shadowlands. A sub is a sub, which is why your sub pays for both games.

Investors may ask about the lawsuit and other matters after they're done with the presentation, though, but it will be very careful answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    MAUs down and all the success (they’re losing players for several quarters now) is blamed on TBC Classic launch.

I guess it’s doing fine overall, yeah, but retail without Classic? I think that would be a vastly different picture.
    Blizz MAUs is down, not WoW.

Also this is before the launch of 9.1 and the boom of FFXIV. So you can't really glimpse wow current situation from this call alone.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is seeing quarter over quarter growth and has an expansion coming in February. ESO is releasing yearly chapters and is a steadily growing game, Albion Online has been massively growing for a year now.
    I stand corrected. I figured GW2 was long dead, & had no idea ESO was doing well. Well that's good - Gives me hope that the genre isn't quite dead yet after all

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    This part is always my favorite part to read...but no one ever mentions it...
    I just dont understand how they can always say in every quarter they make more money than before...but everytime i read this part...is different

https://i.imgur.com/uKTXSIx.png[/IMG]
    My guess it's creative wordplay.

Raw revenue is down, but because of their extreme cost-cutting measures the "operating income" is up.

Disclaimer I'm not an accountant, this is just a best guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post

Also this is before the launch of 9.1 and the boom of FFXIV. So you can't really glimpse wow current situation from this call alone.
    Yah this ends in June so it covers basically right up to the cliff. Next quarter is where the carnage is gonna be.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

You pretty much can by how much they were emphasizing TBC Classic launch right there. Shadowlands is just over half a year old and they didn’t even mention it. That’s pretty telling.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Oof, here comes the Q&A

10+ Year Old Account
    Oof, here comes the Q&A
    Don't be surprised if the questions are largely just investor puff stuff about MAUs and the new "leaders" at Blizzard, not the lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Don't be surprised if the questions are largely just investor puff stuff about MAUs and the new "leaders" at Blizzard, not the lawsuit.
    The first question was about it...and if production will be slowed

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup that sounds like exactly what investors care about. They don't care about the workers, they care about deadlines and revenues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You pretty much can by how much they were emphasizing TBC Classic launch right there. Shadowlands is just over half a year old and they didn’t even mention it. That’s pretty telling.
    I don't know about you, but next quarter will be where the aftermath of the lawsuits and what not. And that is what I am really interested in.

They emphasized TBC classic because it's literally the biggest launch of blizzard in that quarter.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Well of course. That's the only thing investors care about in it.

If production gets slowed down, it will affect their earnings. They aren't in this for human decency or even for good games.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about you, but next quarter will be where the aftermath of the lawsuits and what not. And that is what I am really interested in.

They emphasized TBC classic because it's literally the biggest launch of blizzard in that quarter.
    It is the ONLY launch for Blizz this year.

The guy who answered just talked how they have multiple titles coming out in the 2nd half of this year and into next year. He pretty much dodged the question about possible production/development issues. I didn't expect him to really answer it either to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They aren't in this for human decency or even for good games.
    Hard agree on the first part. Hard disagree on the second part. If the company isn't producing "good games," it isn't profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Randris View Post
    The guy who answered just talked how they have multiple titles coming out in the 2nd half of this year and into next year. He pretty much dodged the question about possible production/development issues. I didn't expect him to really answer it either to be honest.
    He think he replied with "Is progressing well" in terms of productivity (>_<) i think those were the exact words. Extremely vague...like...
    "is aight bro, is going well"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Hard agree on the first part. Hard disagree on the second part. If the company isn't producing "good games," it isn't profitable.
    They're in it for "purely okay games."

Good games take too much to make, bad games don't sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Randris View Post
    I buy it considering Activision is basically pretending this isn't happening, and Blizzard doesn't have any hard launch windows on anything right now.

Is WoW going to be hit with delays? Probably.

Is it worth Activision commenting on it? No, honestly. Because it's not Warzone, or Overwatch 2.

Did the guy just said Blizzard is great on INNOVATION and the reason why they are famous?
    WTF
    Thats quite literally the worse thing Blizzard is good at

Blizzard's stock is rising after the market closed.