The ABK Workers Alliance - MMO Champ....

By advertising and sharing The ABK Workers Alliance 'demands', you're legitimizing a NON-group.

No one person or set of people (Leaders) are running this thing. It's a couple people behind a keyboard collaborating and bringing the ship down.

If The ABK Workers Alliance is willing to provide who their leader is, who their members are.....THEN, the debate holds weight. Until then, you're making a fool out of yourself by buying into and sharing The ABK Workers Alliance propaganda.

Think about it.....NO ONE CLAIMS TO lead this, because it's NOT A REAL GROUP. Provide names and goal statement. Or it's just a big troll.

Sorry I have to be the one to point this out, but it's SO OBVIOUS that everyone is getting played. The ABK Workers Alliance is taking advantage of a sad situation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Activision Executive.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I am just a normal, logical thinking player. Been around for decades, and seen these internet shenanigan's before.

This whole issue is not going away any time soon at all. I commend the employees for sticking together and mobilizing. Bliz is trying to sweep it all under the rug as quickly as possible and the employees aren't having it. It's going to probably take a few months at least to work something out and I wouldn't be surprised if employees end up walking out for a while to get some of their demands met. This is what happens though when large companies spend 15-20 years letting problems go unaddressed. Employees know this is their one chance to get changes made and be heard and they aren't letting it slip by them.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2021-08-03 at 09:29 PM.

I'm confused, what are you complaining about OP?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Some weird circular logic about "you shouldn't report on the letter employees issued to Activision today because it wasn't filed through an official union" or some corpo bullshit.

It's basically good ol' American Dust Kicking.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulcreep View Post
    No one person or set of people (Leaders) are running this thing.
    You say that as if that means anything. A group does not have to have a leader. They may also not have fully nailed down their structure yet, what with it being a very recent development.

Yeah I think that's a fair point. It's not clear who is represented by ABK. Form an actual union if you want change. But this is like having Anonymous lead the employee negotiations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the thread is apparently addressing MMO-Champion management directly I have moved it to the proper forum for that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Why would the leader reveal themselves? I doubt they want to be suicided.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Yeah I think that's a fair point. It's not clear who is represented by ABK. Form an actual union if you want change. But this is like having Anonymous lead the employee negotiations.
    IDK about forming a union. I personally detest unions and have seen how corrupt they can be, honestly I don't know why anyone would want to be in a union but I guess this is a whole different conversation.

Not really like having Anonymous lead them. It's them telling Bliz that even if they don't have union status that they are still highly organized and are going to negotiate as a collective whether Bliz likes it or not and can organize a walk out involving thousands of their employees if they feel the need to. It's what they should do in order to have their demands met in this day and age.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The really early start of a union forming..... it seems,
    Employees sticking together and mobilizing.... to fight back against Blizzard from within...

He/She/THey seems to be mad that they not produce a list of names and reveal the leader of the movement yet...

What is a totally strange thing, like yes it's bad for Blizzard but also good for us Gamers because happy Dev teams make better content/games....

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Not really like having Anonymous lead them. It's them telling Bliz that even if they don't have union status that they are still highly organized and are going to negotiate as a collective whether Bliz likes it or not and can organize a walk out involving thousands of their employees if they feel the need to. It's what they should do in order to have their demands met in this day and age.
    Whoever this ABK is, they lack a clear mandate. And that's crucial if you want to negotiate in good faith.

Whoever this ABK is, they lack a clear mandate. And that's crucial if you want to negotiate in good faith.
    Their mandate is how many people at Bliz are actually part of their group. Seeing as they were likely the same group that organized the walk out day last week and gave a response to some of the pr letters that went out chances are that Bliz is taking them pretty seriously right now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Why would the leader reveal themselves? I doubt they want to be suicided.
    Honestly Blizzard now has a list of every employee who walked out as they said they would pay them so I wouldn't be surprised if people slowly started losing their jobs over the years and in the end none of them are working there after everything is all said and done. Especially now with their open letter "Woke" shit. I know if someone tried pulling that shit at my company they'd be gone in a heartbeat but then again I can fire without cause where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Their mandate is how many people at Bliz are actually part of their group. Seeing as they were likely the same group that organized the walk out day last week and gave a response to some of the pr letters that went out chances are that Bliz is taking them pretty seriously right now.
    That's way too flimsy. The walk-out was a broad show of solidarity with victims of sexual assault happening within the company. I get that this is an early and delicate situation but if they want to be serious about this, then transparency and accountability need to be implemented from the start or this is just the next shit show waiting to unfold.

That's way too flimsy. The walk-out was a broad show of solidarity with victims of sexual assault happening within the company. I get that this is an early and delicate situation but if they want to be serious about this, then transparency and accountability need to be implemented from the start or this is just the next shit show waiting to unfold.
    ya, I think we're safely past the shit show point right now dude but it's still going to play itself out. Bliz has a lot of angry employees right now. That much I can guarantee and they aren't willing to just let all of this be swept under the rug under new corporate mandates. I think a lot of them are at the point that either the changes they feel need to be made get made or they will walk out or possibly just quit. The question is how many but I think the people organizing this group are truly fed up with Bliz.