Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - August 3, 2021

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - August 3, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Items and Rewards

• Shards of Domination
      • Shards of Domination can no longer be inserted into an occupied socket.
        • Developers’ notes: We’ve made this change to prevent accidentally losing a shard by inserting another shard in its place without extracting it first. You can purchase a Soulfire Chisel to extract embedded shards from Bonesmith Heirmir in Korthia for 2500 Stygia.
      • Fixed a bug which counted critical overhealing towards Winds of Winter's accumulated value. Only effective healing and damage are intended to count towards the effect.

Torghast, Tower of the Damned

• Torments
      • Phantasmic Amalgamation’s spawned with Unstable Phantasma no longer spawn near the party members on a lower floor if there are party members on a higher floor.

10+ Year Old Account
    kinda hilarious they had to make that change in the first place. gems have always worked this way and shards are just more powerful gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    kinda hilarious they had to make that change in the first place. gems have always worked this way and shards are just more powerful gems.
    People change their Domination Shards regularly, depending on their spec; all it would take is one wrong click, one absentminded assumption that the shard was removed successfully, and they'd lose their shard - something that is far more valuable than an easily-replaced gem.

There was no warning either, so you could accidentally click it and lose perhaps weeks of Stygian Embers.

There's a lot more to it than what you appear to think, and being a smug, condescending jerk about it just shows how little you understand the issue, or why it needed a hotfix.

This is why I'm thankful WoW players aren't game developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    People change their Domination Shards regularly, depending on their spec; all it would take is one wrong click, one absentminded assumption that the shard was removed successfully, and they'd lose their shard - something that is far more valuable than an easily-replaced gem.

There was no warning either, so you could accidentally click it and lose perhaps weeks of Stygian Embers.

There's a lot more to it than what you appear to think, and being a smug, condescending jerk about it just shows how little you understand the issue, or why it needed a hotfix.

There's so much garbage in this comment, that I gave up on listing them all.

It's a good change, though I've never had problems with the gems/shards. I seriously see nothing bad with it.

Everyone benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's a good change, though I've never had problems with the gems/shards. I seriously see nothing bad with it.

Everyone benefit from it.
    One of my guildies accidentally deleted their unholy shard by replacing it when going to M+. And eventually it led to him quitting the game. I myself almost did the same once after 40 hour gaming session. So it's definately a welcome change, sadly too late for my guildie.

People change their Domination Shards regularly, depending on their spec;
    Now they have to farm 2500 stygia each time they want to do it? Couldn't a double pop up like WARNING. THIS WILL PERMANENTLY DELTE YOUR <>. ARE YOU SURE?

I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Now they have to farm 2500 stygia each time they want to do it? Couldn't a double pop up like WARNING. THIS WILL PERMANENTLY DELTE YOUR <>. ARE YOU SURE?

I'm confused.
    Each time? You can use the item as many times as you want. It's not consumable.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    One of my guildies accidentally deleted their unholy shard by replacing it when going to M+. And eventually it led to him quitting the game. I myself almost did the same once after 40 hour gaming session. So it's definately a welcome change, sadly too late for my guildie.
    Leaving the game because of one shard is kinda overreacting, but I think that it's just his own decision.

Good change. Get Domination Socket Helper anyway.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...-socket-helper

I don't even know why the shard remover is an item. We're literally carrying around bits of the UI in our bags now.

The whole upgrading of Shards feels like it was shoved in at the last minute. The vendor for it barely works at the best of times.

10+ Year Old Account

lol? theres no smugness to it. gems have worked the same way since BC. shards are just upgraded gems. but go off boo, do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

lol? theres no smugness to it. gems have worked the same way since BC. shards are just upgraded gems. but go off boo, do you.
    You know, except for the part where Shards aren't just upgraded gems. The shards were never intended to be overwritten, you can't just go out and grab another one if you happen to overwrite a Shard you didn't intend to. There's a reason why they can't even be destroyed - the Shards using the same Gem Interface is about the only thing they share in common with traditional gems - the fact that they were able to be destroyed by having another shard socketed into it was an oversight on Blizzard's part.

They function like Gems only in the sense that you can socket them into a specific slot. They were never intended to be overwritten and have another one picked up off the AH if you need it again. Shards are more aiken to the Legendary Gems from Mists than anything else, especially since the Shards can also be upgraded over time to empower their affects. These aren't just little gems you craft that give you a +15 to a secondary stat, intended to be thrown out when you're done using it. Shards are intended to be a permanent piece of your character's progression through this raid tier, they were never intended to be destroyed, which is why Blizzard corrected it by making it impossible to do so.

It's really kind of amazing how so many people feel obligated to post on a subject they have literally no knowledge of.

Wait, so you don't have to overwrite gems in socketed items to replace them and can just simply remove them? Seems I've been doing it wrong for over 10 years

It's just for enhancing the stygia grind.

Quote Originally Posted by noctim2 View Post
    One time investment of 2500 stygia = grind. Especially when that stuff gets thrown at you en masse in korthia and the maw, and you don't need it for anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oitomeia View Post
    There's so much garbage in this comment, that I gave up on listing them all.
    And yet you failed to list a single one. Perhaps because there is none to list?

Except they are nothing like gems aside from "they go into gear". Domination Shards have as much in common with gems as they have with enchants.

Domination Shards aren't acquired by prospecting ores where you could get hundreds if not thousands of those shards per day. Domination Shards aren't crafted through a player profession where you could craft hundreds if not thousands of those shards per day. Domination Shards also require a currency that is grinded weekly (not even daily) unlike gems that require no upgrades at all. And last, but certainly not least, Domination Shards are soulbound, unlike gems, meaning you can't just go to the Auction House to buy more in case you accidentally lose one.

Perhaps inform yourself a little before spewing nonsense?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noctim2 View Post
    It's a one-time buy item that does not get consumed on use. Perhaps inform yourself before trying to be sassy only to fall flat on your face.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    One time investment of 2500 stygia = grind. Especially when that stuff gets thrown at you en masse in korthia and the maw, and you don't need it for anything else.
    Cool, thanks. I didn't know that. Saw the item and assumed it's per 2.5k per use like many others. Glad it's not like that.

ok i also had the assumption. thanks for clarification.

I had 1k currency left to buy the xmog items from the adamant halls. We jumped up to the last boss, amalgamation spawns downstairs. We jump down but by the time we reach it, it's gone. Off with 200 currency so i could not buy my piece. Sad times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I don't even know why the shard remover is an item. We're literally carrying around bits of the UI in our bags now.
    I'm just waiting for them to ask us again why we need more bag space...