Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
... LastLast
  1. #541
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's been one of the big problems in WoW since Day 1. They are enamored with the "Alliance vs. Horde" mythos, but in reality it almost constantly gets in the way of any kind of storytelling that doesn't have that opposition as its focus - and there is only so much you can do with the constellation that isn't outright PvP.

    Just look back at previous expansions, and you'll see that pretty much all of them invariably turn towards "let's put our differences aside and focus on the big common threat". Unsurprising, considering the alternatives would be putting one faction in the spotlight over the other, or having two different concurrent story lines. Neither is a practical long-term solution.

    In a sense, WoW's faction-war concept sabotaged its own vision for PvE. It works well for PvP flavor, but ironically it's there that the actual mechanics of factions are LEAST important - any form of serious (i.e. instanced) PvP have their own "teams" built in anyway, and could be (or actually are) mechanically faction-agnostic.

    I don't know if it's my #1 wish for WoW (be it 10.0 or later) to get rid of factions, but I sure wouldn't mind it if they did something radical to dissolve the problem - or, alternatively, to reimagine it in a way that leads itself to more productive PvE implementation. If e.g. the factions shifted towards something like Void vs. Light and players got to commit to either at will (i.e. irrespective of race/class) you could have some actual top-tier struggle in the lore. The reason Horde vs. Alliance can't do the same is that there's always some outside force with a larger agenda infringing on BOTH factions - but something like Void vs. Light would effectively be at the highest order of hierarchy, and there wouldn't be any overriding, larger force that could come in to obviate that contest. The downside, of course, would be that every new conflict would invariably have to be framed within that struggle, and that could get stale after a while.
    Actually they are planning on it.
    WC to WoW Legion was the Fel Saga. As in Creation vs. Destruction
    BfA to upcoming expac is Death Saga. a matter of a Life and Death this would even tackle the Emerald Dreams since it was a realm of origination, life and even cycle of life/death

  2. #542
    For Ion and his systems not to be involved in the game

  3. #543
    Simplicity.

  4. #544
    Warchief shade3891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,109
    Things I would like to see:

    1. Minimal two new classes to play with or a new spec added for each class.
    2. Torghast like system with floors and cool powers.
    3. More fun and creative items like Jaithys the Prison Blade
    4. Specialization overlays LINK
    5. Progressively generated content/maps quest hubs etc. Expeditions on steroids!
    6. Armor/weapon transmogrification restrictions removed, I don't really see the use of them anymore.
    7. NO command table, hate them!
    Last edited by shade3891; 2021-08-22 at 09:13 PM.

  5. #545
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    14,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Bonus points if we get a badass cinematic of Azeroth getting obliterated on top
    Sad thing is, we're so depleted of iconic villains that such a cinematic might lack oomph. I'd hate WoW's ARR to be christened by the Jailer mumbling verse through his ocean floor voice filter.

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Sad thing is, we're so depleted of iconic villains that such a cinematic might lack oomph. I'd hate WoW's ARR to be christened by the Jailer mumbling verse through his ocean floor voice filter.
    "Die, Wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"
    Last edited by Felis igneus; 2021-08-22 at 10:57 PM.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

  7. #547
    How about bring Valor Badges back? Cause this RNG shit is fucking outdated and useless.

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Most of the time that scenario didn't happen in terms of the "send it to the friend" and if it did your guild was destined to fail then. Gotta love when people keep spreading that falsehood.
    no not a friend but the best meta spec player your guild had i didnt got dragonswrath on my boomkin lol even performing @ 99% parses cuz a 75% parsed WL still outperformed me
    I.O BFA Season 3


  9. #549
    0-simplicity: remove borrowed power. class power comes from spec/talents/gear and gear sets
    1-bring back 10/20 man normal /heroic. no mythic, its baked in heroic. no-lfr. raid normal is flex. heroic is fixed 10 or 20 man.
    2-heroic raid not accessible unless you clear the raid in normal.
    3- AOE cap: remove it. put back what classes had.
    4-remove wow token permanently
    5-actively remove boosting
    6-put back guilds benefits
    7-gold challenge modes
    8-reforging
    9-raid gear sets
    10-dial down the number of mounts.
    11-bring back exclusivity: you get stuff when the xpac is current, after its gone forever, you get a recolor of mounts etc.
    12-stop putting restriction on toys. some toys only work in x zone, x lvl. remove that restriction unless it breaks the game or world pvp.
    13-fire anyone that want to bring systems upon systems.
    14-stay the f..k clear from bringing diablo shit design to an mmo.
    15-bring back old hunter survival spec.
    16-design bosses that do not disadvantage melee.
    17-spread buff love around or put it back in professions consumables.
    18-legendaries: one per xpack that we slowly upgrade with patches. not 20.
    19-remove articial walls like limited currency per week. if someone want to go crazy farming, he/she can.
    20-meaningful reputation rewards, it is silly that by the time we hit exalted all rewards are pretty useless when it comes to gear.

    I could go on and on and on.

  10. #550
    An epic narrative, and not just a few throwaway lines of character development per patch/expansion.

    More epic zones where there is an actual war, and battlefields.

    More emphasis on tying things with the story narrative. Everything should have a story purpose.

    Better systems for nudging people into behaving better. Being able to give commendations to random players who were nice and helpful.

    Blizzard being more responsive to issues that are ingame. Some things take too long to fix or adjust.

    Make the world feel more *alive*.

    Let people pick 2-3 classes per character that they can switch between. It works well for FF14. Plenty of ingame characters are dual-class (Thrall is Warrior/Shaman)
    Let characters have access to all professions on one character.

  11. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Cutting ties to people's characters and collection is the sure way to kill off wow for good. Millions will leave, and very few people will start.
    You know what really cuts ties to peoples characters? Unsubbing from the game.

  12. #552
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You know what really cuts ties to peoples characters? Unsubbing from the game.
    It really doesn't. Because their characters are still there, they still have something to come back to if Blizzard ever get's their shit in order. Alienating the playerbase will not work though; ever. It hasn't worked for any single MMO in history so far and WoW is so far past it's prime, that it wouldn't work here either, especially because the things a WoW 2 would bring wouldn't change far from WoW1 with the same people making it.

    I would have taken more issue with the "Millions leaving" part, as that would probably result in negative player numbers at this point .
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

  13. #553
    Herald of the Titans Maruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    2,503
    no arbitrary power systems. no horrific time gating that forces you to do small amounts of chores daily

  14. #554
    I would like them to dump every system from Shadowlands, and add completely new systems. New systems that are super buggy and badly balanced. An no matter how much feedback people give in beta, they shouldn't be optimized before release.

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I would like them to dump every system from Shadowlands, and add completely new systems. New systems that are super buggy and badly balanced. An no matter how much feedback people give in beta, they shouldn't be optimized before release.
    True. I want the game to be so bad that blizzard is forced to shut it down and make WoW2 from scratch. Just pretend WoD, bfa, and shadowlands didn't happen lorewise.

  16. #556
    Legendary! The One Percent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    6,427
    No more temporary power systems. Either incorporate the system as a permanent fixture, or don't add anything at all.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

  17. #557
    1. Less systems, we have too many and takes them forever to get it all working.
    2. More dungeons at lunch. I would like to see 1.2 dungeons per lvl that we need to lvl up in the next expansion.
    3. 10 new lvls to lvl up in next expansion.
    4. Each patch must have 3 raids and does not make the last patch useless. Time to end the days of each patch is such a big jump.
    5. new pvp bg's

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    no arbitrary power systems. no horrific time gating that forces you to do small amounts of chores daily
    Hi, im from the future. In the next expansion your the exact same person crying there is "nothing to do" at end game.




    My hope is asmongold and his toxic army stay away from WoW for good. let them go pollute other games.

  19. #559
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    34,236
    Fire every single lead dev who has been responsible for any major decision gameplay wise.

    Fire anyone in charge of lore.

    Remove WoW token (not happening, but hey, it's the one thing that would somewhat redeem Blizzard in my eyes).



    But we all know the direction WoW is going. It's now in managed decline. They're going to keep releasing legacy servers, and retail is slowly going to lose development funding until retail WoW gets one patch every 17 months and an expansion every 6 years.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  20. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's been one of the big problems in WoW since Day 1. They are enamored with the "Alliance vs. Horde" mythos, but in reality it almost constantly gets in the way of any kind of storytelling that doesn't have that opposition as its focus - and there is only so much you can do with the constellation that isn't outright PvP.

    Just look back at previous expansions, and you'll see that pretty much all of them invariably turn towards "let's put our differences aside and focus on the big common threat". Unsurprising, considering the alternatives would be putting one faction in the spotlight over the other, or having two different concurrent story lines. Neither is a practical long-term solution.

    In a sense, WoW's faction-war concept sabotaged its own vision for PvE. It works well for PvP flavor, but ironically it's there that the actual mechanics of factions are LEAST important - any form of serious (i.e. instanced) PvP have their own "teams" built in anyway, and could be (or actually are) mechanically faction-agnostic.

    I don't know if it's my #1 wish for WoW (be it 10.0 or later) to get rid of factions, but I sure wouldn't mind it if they did something radical to dissolve the problem - or, alternatively, to reimagine it in a way that leads itself to more productive PvE implementation. If e.g. the factions shifted towards something like Void vs. Light and players got to commit to either at will (i.e. irrespective of race/class) you could have some actual top-tier struggle in the lore. The reason Horde vs. Alliance can't do the same is that there's always some outside force with a larger agenda infringing on BOTH factions - but something like Void vs. Light would effectively be at the highest order of hierarchy, and there wouldn't be any overriding, larger force that could come in to obviate that contest. The downside, of course, would be that every new conflict would invariably have to be framed within that struggle, and that could get stale after a while.
    You can even betray your own faction by going as a mercenary into BGs and join the enemy faction! So much faction pride in here... NOT!
    Honestly, they should scrap the faction divide for any kind of activity beside Warmode open world and BGs. Even in the Arena, it does not make sense to have Horde and Alliance teams, because Gladiators don't have faction pride.

    For PvE, faction should be something about fluff, nothing more.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    no arbitrary power systems. no horrific time gating that forces you to do small amounts of chores daily
    Also this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •