Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Destroy Azeroth and start over WoW 2. Or reset everything and remake the game (Vanilla). Pretend we were all in the emerald dream / nightmare all those years. Retcon all the trash lore.
    New graphics, QoL changes from modern wow but hard monitoring against toxicity / Bots / boosts for gold / removal of tokens.

It's the only way to save the game imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    that the events of BFA and Shadowlands were just us locked in Nzoth's brain for the last year or so. Medivh and/or Khadgar pull us out of the Coma and we take back Azeroth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Destroy Azeroth and start over WoW 2. Or reset everything and remake the game (Vanilla). Pretend we were all in the emerald dream / nightmare all those years. Retcon all the trash lore.
    New graphics, QoL changes from modern wow but hard monitoring against toxicity / Bots / boosts for gold / removal of tokens.

It's the only way to save the game imo.
    Only one of those things Blizzard can do, and they won't because Bottom Line.

Bots/Boosts/Toxicity are player created problems.
    Last edited by SinR; 2021-08-04 at 09:58 PM.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Well maybe if the horde weren't the actual villains of the game that wouldn't happen. But they actually are the villains of the game, always have been, always will be. When will you people get that through your thick skulls.
    When will you people get it through your thick skulls that if the Horde is the villain.... THEN THE HORDE PLAYERS SHOULD BE VILLAINS. What the hell is the point of playing as an orc if you're going to be forced to kill any orc that does something orcish? But not even that, because Garrosh tossing that orc general off a cliff for killing civilians was AWESOME. That gave me Horde pride. Watching him devolve into a generic KILL THEM ALL badguy just sucked. Raiding my own capital sucked. If orcs were defending Orgrimmar, I want to be those orcs. I want to be Nazgrim.

The shittiest part is how easy it would be to make sympathetic villains in the Horde that half of the playerbase could still support.

Ive said it a hundred times, but imagine if Sylvanas had a sympathetic reason to torch Teldrassil for example. NZoth had corrupted the roots. He was going to break free. The Alliance would fight to heal the tree, but the Horde would see it as too far gone and demand that the elves evacuate or die with it. Same event. Alliance still sees her as a villain. But we Horde players see her as a necessary evil. When traitors like Saurfang rise up, we kill them because theyre traitors and oh yeah WE ARE PLAYING THE BADGUY FACTION

Make it more of an RPG game.
    WoW feels more like an action game atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    There are multiple approaches to this problem. Each has its own advantages and drawbacks. You seem to be only looking at the advantages of one and the drawback of the other.
    Except I'm not. I know full well of the drawbacks of "borrowed power". It gives a feeling of lack of staying progression on your character. It feels like your character's power is being "reset" in every expansion, etc. Unless, of course, you're talking about the poster I replied to? Because he does seem to just be looking at the disadvantages of borrowed power. The way I see it, borrowed power brings the least amount of cons in comparison to the other two methods I mentioned.

Also, saying "there are multiple approaches to this problem" without mentioning any example whatsoever is meaningless. What are those other "multiple approaches"?

remove borrowed power, give me 2 new sets of talents, and just lots of dungeons, raids and bgs for pvp

its that simple really

wait one more thing, remove the wow token, or at least make it soulbound
    Last edited by panda040; 2021-08-04 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    that the events of BFA and Shadowlands were just us locked in Nzoth's brain for the last year or so. Medivh and/or Khadgar pull us out of the Coma and we take back Azeroth

- - - Updated - - -

Only one of those things Blizzard can do, and they won't because Bottom Line.

Bots/Boosts/Toxicity are player created problems.
    Indeed. As for the player created problems, it's their responsibility as devs to put systems in place to avoid it. If they started monitoring perma banning trolls / bots / boosting communities the problem would solve itself quickly imo. Take a look at FF14 for that. As of today we would loose most WoW players though. So a reset is needed anyway.

first person shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Sure. And instead just add one/two more abilities per spec for all classes each expansion like they have been doing since the beginnin, which would lead to an inevitable ability bloat which would lead to an inevitable second ability prune, just so more abilities can be added each expansion which would lead to an inevitable ability bloat which would lead to an inevitable second ability prune, just so more abilities can be added each expansion which would lead to an inevitable ability bloat which would lead to an inevitable third ability prune, and so on and so forth.

Of course, the other option is to just not add anything at all, so expansion after expansion, you keep the exact same abilities, year after year after year after year...

So, which one of the two do you want?
    This pretty much. The borrowed power systems are the answer to two demands.

Wanting new things/talents every expansion.
    Not having bloat ever and absolutely no pruning.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Unpopular opinion - I'm personally satisfied with WoW because I play it for its top notch raiding and instanced group content.

What I'd wish for is a massive increase available transmog options and unlock all (or at least most but the complete impossible) race/class combos. I think Transmog armor options should be unlocked for the closest possible armor type (i.e Cloth can mog into Leather, Leather into Mail or Cloth or both... etc).

In my opinion, if someone wants to be a "Draenei" or even frikkin' Lightforged Warlock and use DH pieces as a mog with staff mogged to 2h sword, then really why the heck not. This alone will give this game immense amount of options for causal and hardcore players alike.
    I agree. Imo the biggest anti-fun aspect of WOW is in the transmog system. It's fine if they don't want to revamp the system to bring it more in line with others (namely ESO and SWTOR, fantastic outfit systems) but at least remove the restrictions. Enough with this "lore reasoning" for not lifting race/class and transmog restrictions, the lore barely makes sense anymore to begin with!

Honestly wish they didnt make damage so tied to being a healer

Quote Originally Posted by bearlolz View Post
    first person shooter
    The MM hunter could have a single talent like this and no problem for me if this talent costs 100% focus but does huge damage.
    Excellent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysphan129 View Post
    Honestly wish they didnt make damage so tied to being a healer
    Honestly I couldn't disagree more, there's nothing I love more than pulling off 6k dps while tanking overall, or doing 3k on Resto shaman or even more on hpal.

I've never felt better than outdpsing 2 out of 3 of the dps while tanking on my Prot Paladin in a Weekly 15.

Dissolve factions

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Top wish? Probably make Mythic not be 20 man.

This isn't a "Wow FF14 so much better" comment but... One of the core reasons I enjoy FF14, is that its hardest content doesn't require so many people. Even if you're consistently clearing stuff and making progress, it's inevitable that people end up leaving for various reasons and then you're back to recruiting again. It's a terrible cycle, a lot easier to manage if it's half the players needed though.

Pipe dream that'll likely never happen, but that's why it's a wish.
    just need better recruitment officers. ours has successfully filled two teams constantly over multiple tiers with 3/4 of teams being replaced as people left towards the end of a tier. just how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    Dissolve factions
    No

No

No

No

No

Mine is an arcane fighter type of class, they go about with names like Spellblade, Battlemage, Spellbreaker, etc. Take the Arcane Mage spec and make it cool with dps and tank roles. Time-mage healer spec as a bonus.

No more expansions.
    WoW2.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    No more expansions.
    WoW2.
    I'm convinced that if they released Shadowlands exactly as it is without access to any other zones than Shadowlands zones, and called it a sequel, people would just roll with it. And if you could access all Oblivion lands and quests in Skyrim, using Skyrim combat and lighting and updated models, they'd complain that they didnt get a sequel instead.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I'm convinced that if they released Shadowlands exactly as it is without access to any other zones than Shadowlands zones, and called it a sequel, people would just roll with it. And if you could access all Oblivion lands and quests in Skyrim, using Skyrim combat and lighting and updated models, they'd complain that they didnt get a sequel instead.
    WoW2 is a buzzword people use for "I just want WoW to end but don't want to be called out as a hater."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)