Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Survival Hunter to once again use a ranged weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    WoW2 is a buzzword people use for "I just want WoW to end but don't want to be called out as a hater."
    I would say it's people wanting an actual advancement of the world rather than adding islands and sending us to space in a game called World of Warcraft, not Universe of Warcraft.
    They dont want WoW to end, they want it to legit grow rather than change its hair color and shirt and identify as 'new'

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    WoW2 is a buzzword people use for "I just want WoW to end but don't want to be called out as a hater."
    Wrong.

People dont want wow to end, they just want wow to end as it currently is.

And its a fairly reasonable stance to have, in its current state, it is reaching a point that, its dangerously close to being like XIV 1.0 was, and it may indeed, need a new game to fix that problem, rather than more expansions.

Honestly theres another reason too.

WoW 1 is old, old and nostalgic but for reasons long dead and many are waking up to that reality, its not a fatalistic POV, its a realistic one.

Fresh paint is needed, or rather, a fresh design/model/goal is needed.

They need to do what Yoshida did with XIV, play their competitors MMO's, see whats going well, what isnt, what they can improove, then design a sequel to WoW with the best qualities of previous MMO's and as little micro-transaction as possible to restore some player confidence.

After that, make WoW B2P and WoW Classic B2P while making WoW 2 P2P and you've a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Top wish? Probably make Mythic not be 20 man.

This isn't a "Wow FF14 so much better" comment but... One of the core reasons I enjoy FF14, is that its hardest content doesn't require so many people. Even if you're consistently clearing stuff and making progress, it's inevitable that people end up leaving for various reasons and then you're back to recruiting again. It's a terrible cycle, a lot easier to manage if it's half the players needed though.

Pipe dream that'll likely never happen, but that's why it's a wish.
    I feel they need to go back to having 10/25 man raids tbh.

10 man raids being taken out killed small guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    10 man raids being taken out killed small guilds.
    This is the best thing Blizzard ever did for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This is the best thing Blizzard ever did for this game.
    Proudly terrible take.

Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    Proudly terrible take.
    Nah, wheelchair accessible 10M Heroic raiding was legitimately one of the worst things Blizzard ever allowed to exist. Endgame raiding has been infinitely better in every expansion since they removed it.

Lose the systems, and stop treating/designing WoW like a barely fun mobile idle game.

Also, a big wish. Make Dispersion a mount. As a SP I'd love the RP of Dispersing, and flying around in Disperse form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

An announcement that Ion and his band of chucklefucks have been fired and locked into pillories outside of Blizz HQ with an ample supply of rotten tomatoes to throw at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy as it may sound, my main wish is for Gilneas to be a true Alliance city.

WoW IMO is in dire need of actually completing some stories & using the old world as more than just a backdrop to visit Darkmoon. As many have pointed out, WoW expansions thus far have a tendency to shrink the world rather than add to it.

This is why fixing Gilneas is so important. The dev team would not simply fix Gilneas without there being a good reason later on for it to be there. It would finally close one of the longest story threads, give us reason to believe there’s actually an Azeroth left to save, and would likely be a catalyst for more old world changes.

No more systems.

Renown/Conduits/Mission Table/Torghast/Domination Sockets/Anima Power/Azerite Power/Visions of N’Zoth-Corruption/Artifact Power-Relics, etc…

Design more actual content like more dungeons, raids, arenas, bgs. Timeless Isle, which was completely optional was also a fun way to kill time. They tried something similar with Mechagon, but flying killed it, since people could just run from PvP. They also had no PvP rewards for it like they did on Timeless Isle.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-08-05 at 12:57 AM.

Tinker class
    No borrowed power system and no additional power grinds.
    Ability to target the gear you want/need or parallel deterministic reward system.
    Housing system.
    No legendaries.
    Living world/Aka dynamic events with periodic zone wide one.
    Lag issues solved.
    10 man raiding
    No more faction split
    True server mergers into super servers. No shards and no CRZ. Aka community building.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-08-05 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    just need better recruitment officers. ours has successfully filled two teams constantly over multiple tiers with 3/4 of teams being replaced as people left towards the end of a tier. just how it goes
    Recruitment officers being good/bad has absolutely nothing to do with people getting burned out and stopping playing all together.

Fact of the matter is, it's easier to organise a smaller group, which is the entire point of my "wish"

eta: Apparently lots of people in this thread also don't know what "1 wish" means.

For the esport shit to be taken out. M+ gone

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    For the esport shit to be taken out. M+ gone
    "I don't like it, therefore NOBODY should like it."

Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Recruitment officers being good/bad has absolutely nothing to do with people getting burned out and stopping playing all together.

Fact of the matter is, it's easier to organise a smaller group, which is the entire point of my "wish"

eta: Apparently lots of people in this thread also don't know what "1 wish" means.
    What a problem.

My one wish is for my list of features to be implemented.

Oh no! There goes your pointless comment!

Let people list whatever they want. It's none of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No more systems.

Renown/Conduits/Mission Table/Torghast/Domination Sockets/Anima Power/Azerite Power/Visions of N’Zoth-Corruption/Artifact Power-Relics, etc…

Design more actual content like more dungeons, raids, arenas, bgs. Timeless Isle, which was completely optional was also a fun way to kill time. They tried something similar with Mechagon, but flying killed it, since people could just run from PvP. They also had no PvP rewards for it like they did on Timeless Isle.
    "No more systems!" the playerbase cries. They continue, "But make every expansion have a new theme and something cool and interesting that sets it apart from the last one!"

"You mean, like a system?" asks a developer to the playerbase.

"DIDN'T YOU HEAR US?!?? WE SAID NO MORE SYSTEMS!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Proudly disagree. Tried to level up my 10 man guild to 25 man in WoD, and I just hated it. Team not nearly as tight knit, much higher turnover, blah. Haven't raided mythic since they did that and never will.
    That's cool. I wouldn't have got the CEs I did in Cata/MoP if not for 10M Heroic raiding. But even then, I still don't think the 10/25 paradigm was particularly healthy. It made for very bad tuning differences between the two raid difficulties and 10M Heroic always seemed like it was too small (to me). 25M Heroic raiding was always closer to the ideal scenario for raiding so it makes sense that the 20M Mythic compromise has lasted as long as it has. Like others have said, if smaller raid group content is your bag there's always FFXIV to scratch that itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    "I don't like it, therefore NOBODY should like it."

Yikes.
    That’s what this whole thing is about

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    That’s what this whole thing is about
    Oh okay, so we can't point out the childish nature of your wish if it's so ridiculous that you have second-hand embarrassment even reading it? Well, in that case:

I wish noobs no longer played WoW!

Player housing
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22