Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to BiS a character so I can bis an alt and then bis another alt.

I have no hope for WOW anymore. It's a zombie game, dead but still moving around
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    10 man mythic raiding.

Nothing else comes even close to that.
    Personally, I have always prefered smaller, tight knit raid teams over large ones. Large scale PVP is fun, but I always found large scale raids to be less enjoyable than the 10mans. The introduction of Flex was very welcome, as at the time I was running 2 raid teams - the main raid team, and the friends and family team. The problem was, the friends and family team needed a lot of help, so trying to balance having enough mains while still making sure all the friends and family got in was challenging.

Yes, Flex was very easy, but it meant we could bring some alts (from the main raiders) and still bring all friends and family. Was it difficult? no, not at all, but it was ideal for what we wanted.

Im not sure about 10man Mythic though, I just think the game has increased in difficulty so much, pretty much everything in a 10man would be a 1shot, timers would be insanely tight, and even a single death would be a wipe, as that one person is a huge percentage of the teams damage. It also forces simplifcation of mechanics, as you have less players available to complete tasks. It would end up playing on rails - You bring 2 tanks, 2 healers, and these exact dps specs, or you are gonna have a bad time.

What im saying is, imo, its a cool thought, but in practice i just dont see it working

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I have no hope for WOW anymore. It's a zombie game, dead but still moving around
    HAHA, this is actually surprisingly accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Dear Blizzard, if you're reading this and you go with all the suggestions of remaking azeroth please remember to put Zidormi somewhere so we can go back, thanks.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

barely into 9.1 and ppl talking about 10.0 already.

Blizzard has a severe issue with every class that is not Demon Hunter navigating the game world on a completely different level. I’d love if blizzard went to the drawing board with how these classes move and navigate and give everybody a fresh coat of paint. Make moving around fun for everyone. I can’t even play a class that isnt DH because of how bloated and slow everything else feels. It doesn’t even feel like the same game. Just find movement gimmicks that are unique and fun to press for every class. That’s all I want.
    Last edited by chorx; 2021-08-08 at 09:27 PM.

I think 4th (or for Druids 5th) specs would be cool, if it also brought favorites back like Gladiator. But it also runs the risk of the major addition being a new spec and if you don't play that spec, you don't get a new addition.

Ion to be replaced, Drago expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    Return to Azeroth, no need to visit other planets/planes.
    We just came from there.

Ion leaving Blizzard to pursue new opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Excuse me for using your evidence (" whenever something comes along where we can actually poll them they suddenly can't be found...") against you. It was truly my mistake to even begin to postulate against the notion that every WoW player truly, deeply despises the game. I mean why else would they continue to buy new expansions and pay $15/mo to play it? Sunk cost fallacy, amirite guys?! People like you are the unsung heroes of the community, reminding us at every turn that the old WoW was good but the new WoW is bad.

Whoops, my bad.
    It is more the case of people being unable to either be honest or properly convey what it is they want out of the game. I am not immune to this either it is a natural human failing. The key is to take a step back and look at what it actually is people are doing rather then what they claim to be doing. Relying on feedback is always limited as you have to trust the person is able to take a step back and actually analyze what it is they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To be fair, the 'everyone picked the mathematically superior covenant' argument relies on a piece of information that you (or anyone else) does NOT have – peoples motivation for picking said covenant. DK’s and Necrolord Is probably the best example of a situation where the ‘best’ covenant is also the strongest thematically.

I have no doubt that a lot of peopl looked at a guide and just did what it said, so im not saying that this was NOT the case, but, we do not have the information required to use the data as evidence.

Some people may have chosen their covenant for xmog, the mount, theme, RP reasons, their enjoyment of the ability, or performance. To take the limited data we have and claim everyone who made their decision based it purely on performance is disingenuous.
    When we are talking about numbers in the millions and only four possible choices do we truly need to account for those extreme outliners? You are right I can't read the mind of every single person that plays but there are massive enough differences that those outliners are...well outliners.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Being able to BiS a character so I can bis an alt and then bis another alt.
    Yes please. Atm, devs seem terrified at the mere idea of letting the players "beat" their game, i.e. acquiring BiS in a reasonable time frame, so that alts can be played and brought to a comparable power level. Because the "alt friendliest expansion ever" is actually even less friendly than freaking Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Remove artifact power grind. Power progression should be tied to level and level only, not covenants, renown or artifact power.

#1 Blizzard listening to feedback. Not just saying they are.
    #2 Get more creative then just setting a time gating to everything to keep content "alive" for longer during patch cycles.

Example: 7 weeks to complete a quest isnt great content.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    It is more the case of people being unable to either be honest or properly convey what it is they want out of the game. I am not immune to this either it is a natural human failing. The key is to take a step back and look at what it actually is people are doing rather then what they claim to be doing. Relying on feedback is always limited as you have to trust the person is able to take a step back and actually analyze what it is they want.

- - - Updated - - -

When we are talking about numbers in the millions and only four possible choices do we truly need to account for those extreme outliners? You are right I can't read the mind of every single person that plays but there are massive enough differences that those outliners are...well outliners.
    But again, you are assuming they are outliers (I assume you mean outliers) and you have literally zero evidence to support this claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    #1 Blizzard listening to feedback. Not just saying they are.
    #2 Get more creative then just setting a time gating to everything to keep content "alive" for longer during patch cycles.

Example: 7 weeks to complete a quest isnt great content.
    Listening to feedback is what got them in this situation. So explain this to me - who do they listen to when designing the classes? The small percentage of players who play at the high end difficulties? Only the glad players? Or the majority? What if even within the majority, there are opposing opinions?
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

But again, you are assuming they are outliers (I assume you mean outliers) and you have literally zero evidence to support this claim.
    I am rather confused by what you mean by zero evidence. I think you are confusing being absolutely 100% certain versus having no evidence. You can look at the minority covenants and factor them in by their armor types to see that it can't possibly be based around cosmetics or rp reasons alone.

Sure you can see small numbers that support that but very few classes have hard lore reasons for favoring their most powerful covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I am rather confused by what you mean by zero evidence. I think you are confusing being absolutely 100% certain versus having no evidence. You can look at the minority covenants and factor them in by their armor types to see that it can't possibly be based around cosmetics or rp reasons alone.

Sure you can see small numbers that support that but very few classes have hard lore reasons for favoring their most powerful covenant.
    What on earth do you mean? Thats yet another wild assumption on your part. The FACT remains - you know what covenant people chose, but you have ZERO evidence to support any claims about knowing WHY they chose that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't happen, but a time skip while we were away fucking around in the afterlife, letting Blizzard reset the status quo and significantly scale back the power creep as well as follow the example set with Exile's Reach and make the new 1-60 grind a more "evergreen" storyline (with existing PCs out to reestablish their legends, as their time away has led to faction leadership downplaying their importance in the various battles and wars, in an effort to prevent morale from falling in the face of years on end without the Adventurer's presence on the front lines).

Threefold outcome: 1) Power creep is reset, letting Blizzard pace themselves better and less reliant on shock-and-awe pops as the primary means of moving the story forward. 2) An opportunity to provide a long-term leveling experience that isn't chained to any point in time fits the current Chromie Time philosophy better, by letting fresh-50 players pick up the newest expansion after either leveling through the new Azeroth or an older expansion, with the previous expansion moved to Chromie Time. 3) Working with smaller-scale storytelling will help the current batch of writers focus on their strengths while building a foundational knowledge; several expansions since Mists of Pandaria have proven repeatedly the writing team's strength lay in smaller-scale storytelling with more personal focus, but the grander-scale storytelling and faction war storytelling often fall flat due to the writers oftentimes blowing their load too early, or bringing plot elements in from left field with little buildup, or they simply don't commit and half-measure the story until it's time to go back to a shared cosmic-tier enemy.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    wow 2
    only way wow can be saved
    an expansion doesnt cut it
    I mean, why? It's going to be WoW but with the added terribleness of losing years of progress and memories.

What on earth do you mean? Thats yet another wild assumption on your part. The FACT remains - you know what covenant people chose, but you have ZERO evidence to support any claims about knowing WHY they chose that.
    It is rather simple... cosmetics are shared across the same armor types. If it was really down to cosmetics you would see more overlap between classes that share the same armor. You are confusing absolute one to ones with any evidence at all.

Players many care about power. That isn't really up for debate at this point.