Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I can't say I care too much about balance either, but I think my issue with mastery is how uninteresting a stat it is for most classes. For Windwalker Monk it's unique, and ele shaman it's pretty iconic, but other classes are fairly uninspired and bland, to me.
    Definitely, my point is, make interesting classes and abilities and use mastery to tweak numbers.

No more borrowed power.

It is rather disheartening to work to get gear like I did in 9.0.5, and then in 9.1 I'm immediately getting much better gear.

my top wish for 10.0 is that rogues win for a change in one vs one battles something gotta change. too many deaths.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

1. Waifus.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I lliked WoD, actually. I raided with multiple alts in Mythic HFC. I loved how classplay was.

Significantly better than BFA and SL.
    i agree with this statement here.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joyreym View Post
    1 - Light Vanguard/Army of light theme expansion
    2 - Murozond and infinite dragonflight threats
    3 - Political conflicts in inner factions
    4 - Alt Friendly all account weid
    5 - Revamp in Azuremist and Belfs maps ( could show some development in theses areas like Void vs Belves and destruiction of Sunwell and Mag'har expulse Draenei and Exodar need fly to SW)
    new game director

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    No more borrowed power.

It is rather disheartening to work to get gear like I did in 9.0.5, and then in 9.1 I'm immediately getting much better gear.
    i mean, this is how wow has worked since 1.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    More alt friendliness and not being tied to one spec via covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaron View Post
    The ability to play with anyone else who has a World of Warcraft subscription, regardless of their faction.
    100% this. Let the war happen, and we can even participate, but we have friends on both sides, just like Jaina, Thrall, Anduin, and Baine.

how about an option to join multiple guilds and have option to show guild of choice in character name title.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    100% this. Let the war happen, and we can even participate, but we have friends on both sides, just like Jaina, Thrall, Anduin, and Baine.
    I have always been so fucking frustrated by the game saying one thing, but doing another - the perfect example of do as i say, not as i do.

The main NPC's in the game work together with the other faction, and have done for many, many expansions - arguably since day 1. And yet they tell us "nonono, you must not work together with the other faction, you must not even communicate with them! Anyway, im off to work with the other faction, have a good conversation with them, and see how we can work together to fix this issue - but dont you DARE do the same thing"

Its just a horribly outdated concept that does nothing but hinder players ability to play what they want, how they want, with who they want - which to me, is the cornerstone of an MMO.

To be clear, this is not the #1 thing for me - for me personally, i no longer enjoy the classes at all really, and certainly dont enjoy the core gameplay loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I have always been so fucking frustrated by the game saying one thing, but doing another - the perfect example of do as i say, not as i do.

The main NPC's in the game work together with the other faction, and have done for many, many expansions - arguably since day 1. And yet they tell us "nonono, you must not work together with the other faction, you must not even communicate with them! Anyway, im off to work with the other faction, have a good conversation with them, and see how we can work together to fix this issue - but dont you DARE do the same thing"

Its just a horribly outdated concept that does nothing but hinder players ability to play what they want, how they want, with who they want - which to me, is the cornerstone of an MMO.
    It's been one of the big problems in WoW since Day 1. They are enamored with the "Alliance vs. Horde" mythos, but in reality it almost constantly gets in the way of any kind of storytelling that doesn't have that opposition as its focus - and there is only so much you can do with the constellation that isn't outright PvP.

Just look back at previous expansions, and you'll see that pretty much all of them invariably turn towards "let's put our differences aside and focus on the big common threat". Unsurprising, considering the alternatives would be putting one faction in the spotlight over the other, or having two different concurrent story lines. Neither is a practical long-term solution.

In a sense, WoW's faction-war concept sabotaged its own vision for PvE. It works well for PvP flavor, but ironically it's there that the actual mechanics of factions are LEAST important - any form of serious (i.e. instanced) PvP have their own "teams" built in anyway, and could be (or actually are) mechanically faction-agnostic.

I don't know if it's my #1 wish for WoW (be it 10.0 or later) to get rid of factions, but I sure wouldn't mind it if they did something radical to dissolve the problem - or, alternatively, to reimagine it in a way that leads itself to more productive PvE implementation. If e.g. the factions shifted towards something like Void vs. Light and players got to commit to either at will (i.e. irrespective of race/class) you could have some actual top-tier struggle in the lore. The reason Horde vs. Alliance can't do the same is that there's always some outside force with a larger agenda infringing on BOTH factions - but something like Void vs. Light would effectively be at the highest order of hierarchy, and there wouldn't be any overriding, larger force that could come in to obviate that contest. The downside, of course, would be that every new conflict would invariably have to be framed within that struggle, and that could get stale after a while.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's been one of the big problems in WoW since Day 1. They are enamored with the "Alliance vs. Horde" mythos, but in reality it almost constantly gets in the way of any kind of storytelling that doesn't have that opposition as its focus - and there is only so much you can do with the constellation that isn't outright PvP.

Just look back at previous expansions, and you'll see that pretty much all of them invariably turn towards "let's put our differences aside and focus on the big common threat". Unsurprising, considering the alternatives would be putting one faction in the spotlight over the other, or having two different concurrent story lines. Neither is a practical long-term solution.

In a sense, WoW's faction-war concept sabotaged its own vision for PvE. It works well for PvP flavor, but ironically it's there that the actual mechanics of factions are LEAST important - any form of serious (i.e. instanced) PvP have their own "teams" built in anyway, and could be (or actually are) mechanically faction-agnostic.

I don't know if it's my #1 wish for WoW (be it 10.0 or later) to get rid of factions, but I sure wouldn't mind it if they did something radical to dissolve the problem - or, alternatively, to reimagine it in a way that leads itself to more productive PvE implementation. If e.g. the factions shifted towards something like Void vs. Light and players got to commit to either at will (i.e. irrespective of race/class) you could have some actual top-tier struggle in the lore. The reason Horde vs. Alliance can't do the same is that there's always some outside force with a larger agenda infringing on BOTH factions - but something like Void vs. Light would effectively be at the highest order of hierarchy, and there wouldn't be any overriding, larger force that could come in to obviate that contest. The downside, of course, would be that every new conflict would invariably have to be framed within that struggle, and that could get stale after a while.
    Actually they are planning on it.
    WC to WoW Legion was the Fel Saga. As in Creation vs. Destruction
    BfA to upcoming expac is Death Saga. a matter of a Life and Death this would even tackle the Emerald Dreams since it was a realm of origination, life and even cycle of life/death

For Ion and his systems not to be involved in the game

Simplicity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Things I would like to see:

1. Minimal two new classes to play with or a new spec added for each class.
    2. Torghast like system with floors and cool powers.
    3. More fun and creative items like Jaithys the Prison Blade
    4. Specialization overlays LINK
    5. Progressively generated content/maps quest hubs etc. Expeditions on steroids!
    6. Armor/weapon transmogrification restrictions removed, I don't really see the use of them anymore.
    7. NO command table, hate them!
    Last edited by shade3891; 2021-08-22 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Bonus points if we get a badass cinematic of Azeroth getting obliterated on top
    Sad thing is, we're so depleted of iconic villains that such a cinematic might lack oomph. I'd hate WoW's ARR to be christened by the Jailer mumbling verse through his ocean floor voice filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Sad thing is, we're so depleted of iconic villains that such a cinematic might lack oomph. I'd hate WoW's ARR to be christened by the Jailer mumbling verse through his ocean floor voice filter.
    "Die, Wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomoprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-22 at 10:57 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

How about bring Valor Badges back? Cause this RNG shit is fucking outdated and useless.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Most of the time that scenario didn't happen in terms of the "send it to the friend" and if it did your guild was destined to fail then. Gotta love when people keep spreading that falsehood.
    no not a friend but the best meta spec player your guild had i didnt got dragonswrath on my boomkin lol even performing @ 99% parses cuz a 75% parsed WL still outperformed me
    I.O BFA Season 3