Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    0-simplicity: remove borrowed power. class power comes from spec/talents/gear and gear sets
    1-bring back 10/20 man normal /heroic. no mythic, its baked in heroic. no-lfr. raid normal is flex. heroic is fixed 10 or 20 man.
    2-heroic raid not accessible unless you clear the raid in normal.
    3- AOE cap: remove it. put back what classes had.
    4-remove wow token permanently
    5-actively remove boosting
    6-put back guilds benefits
    7-gold challenge modes
    8-reforging
    9-raid gear sets
    10-dial down the number of mounts.
    11-bring back exclusivity: you get stuff when the xpac is current, after its gone forever, you get a recolor of mounts etc.
    12-stop putting restriction on toys. some toys only work in x zone, x lvl. remove that restriction unless it breaks the game or world pvp.
    13-fire anyone that want to bring systems upon systems.
    14-stay the f..k clear from bringing diablo shit design to an mmo.
    15-bring back old hunter survival spec.
    16-design bosses that do not disadvantage melee.
    17-spread buff love around or put it back in professions consumables.
    18-legendaries: one per xpack that we slowly upgrade with patches. not 20.
    19-remove articial walls like limited currency per week. if someone want to go crazy farming, he/she can.
    20-meaningful reputation rewards, it is silly that by the time we hit exalted all rewards are pretty useless when it comes to gear.

I could go on and on and on.

An epic narrative, and not just a few throwaway lines of character development per patch/expansion.

More epic zones where there is an actual war, and battlefields.

More emphasis on tying things with the story narrative. Everything should have a story purpose.

Better systems for nudging people into behaving better. Being able to give commendations to random players who were nice and helpful.

Blizzard being more responsive to issues that are ingame. Some things take too long to fix or adjust.

Make the world feel more *alive*.

Let people pick 2-3 classes per character that they can switch between. It works well for FF14. Plenty of ingame characters are dual-class (Thrall is Warrior/Shaman)
    Let characters have access to all professions on one character.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Cutting ties to people's characters and collection is the sure way to kill off wow for good. Millions will leave, and very few people will start.
    You know what really cuts ties to peoples characters? Unsubbing from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You know what really cuts ties to peoples characters? Unsubbing from the game.
    It really doesn't. Because their characters are still there, they still have something to come back to if Blizzard ever get's their shit in order. Alienating the playerbase will not work though; ever. It hasn't worked for any single MMO in history so far and WoW is so far past it's prime, that it wouldn't work here either, especially because the things a WoW 2 would bring wouldn't change far from WoW1 with the same people making it.

I would have taken more issue with the "Millions leaving" part, as that would probably result in negative player numbers at this point .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    no arbitrary power systems. no horrific time gating that forces you to do small amounts of chores daily

I would like them to dump every system from Shadowlands, and add completely new systems. New systems that are super buggy and badly balanced. An no matter how much feedback people give in beta, they shouldn't be optimized before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I would like them to dump every system from Shadowlands, and add completely new systems. New systems that are super buggy and badly balanced. An no matter how much feedback people give in beta, they shouldn't be optimized before release.
    True. I want the game to be so bad that blizzard is forced to shut it down and make WoW2 from scratch. Just pretend WoD, bfa, and shadowlands didn't happen lorewise.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more temporary power systems. Either incorporate the system as a permanent fixture, or don't add anything at all.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

1. Less systems, we have too many and takes them forever to get it all working.
    2. More dungeons at lunch. I would like to see 1.2 dungeons per lvl that we need to lvl up in the next expansion.
    3. 10 new lvls to lvl up in next expansion.
    4. Each patch must have 3 raids and does not make the last patch useless. Time to end the days of each patch is such a big jump.
    5. new pvp bg's

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    no arbitrary power systems. no horrific time gating that forces you to do small amounts of chores daily
    Hi, im from the future. In the next expansion your the exact same person crying there is "nothing to do" at end game.

My hope is asmongold and his toxic army stay away from WoW for good. let them go pollute other games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fire every single lead dev who has been responsible for any major decision gameplay wise.

Fire anyone in charge of lore.

Remove WoW token (not happening, but hey, it's the one thing that would somewhat redeem Blizzard in my eyes).

But we all know the direction WoW is going. It's now in managed decline. They're going to keep releasing legacy servers, and retail is slowly going to lose development funding until retail WoW gets one patch every 17 months and an expansion every 6 years.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's been one of the big problems in WoW since Day 1. They are enamored with the "Alliance vs. Horde" mythos, but in reality it almost constantly gets in the way of any kind of storytelling that doesn't have that opposition as its focus - and there is only so much you can do with the constellation that isn't outright PvP.

Just look back at previous expansions, and you'll see that pretty much all of them invariably turn towards "let's put our differences aside and focus on the big common threat". Unsurprising, considering the alternatives would be putting one faction in the spotlight over the other, or having two different concurrent story lines. Neither is a practical long-term solution.

In a sense, WoW's faction-war concept sabotaged its own vision for PvE. It works well for PvP flavor, but ironically it's there that the actual mechanics of factions are LEAST important - any form of serious (i.e. instanced) PvP have their own "teams" built in anyway, and could be (or actually are) mechanically faction-agnostic.

I don't know if it's my #1 wish for WoW (be it 10.0 or later) to get rid of factions, but I sure wouldn't mind it if they did something radical to dissolve the problem - or, alternatively, to reimagine it in a way that leads itself to more productive PvE implementation. If e.g. the factions shifted towards something like Void vs. Light and players got to commit to either at will (i.e. irrespective of race/class) you could have some actual top-tier struggle in the lore. The reason Horde vs. Alliance can't do the same is that there's always some outside force with a larger agenda infringing on BOTH factions - but something like Void vs. Light would effectively be at the highest order of hierarchy, and there wouldn't be any overriding, larger force that could come in to obviate that contest. The downside, of course, would be that every new conflict would invariably have to be framed within that struggle, and that could get stale after a while.
    You can even betray your own faction by going as a mercenary into BGs and join the enemy faction! So much faction pride in here... NOT!
    Honestly, they should scrap the faction divide for any kind of activity beside Warmode open world and BGs. Even in the Arena, it does not make sense to have Horde and Alliance teams, because Gladiators don't have faction pride.

For PvE, faction should be something about fluff, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Also this.

Unless they really make a "wow 2.0" (or "Wow ARR" lol) with better gameplay, graphics,... I'll probably never come back. 15 years of the same was enough for me. All the good creators left Blizzard, I dont see how they could make wow a better game now. It will just enter "maintenance mode".

Wow gameplay was good but now it's somewhat outdated and all the "evolutions" they tried just sucked. Legion gameplay was the pinnacle for me. But give me legion gameplay now, I still wouldn't come back for "more of the same"
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-08-23 at 10:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Multi class!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry I don't have just ONE. I have several.

1. Gear should either have sockets, or not. No random rolling of socket upgrades, no "Grind this to get gem sockets". It either has them, or it doesn't. Hell, make sure all rings have slots, and maybe belts or necklaces. Throw jewelcrafters a freaking BONE.

2. Get rid of the PTR, and then hire a group of internal testers to seriously play test the content at all levels. From uber casuals to the most dedicated of players that will min-max ALL the fun out of everything.

3. If you're going to make raid and dungeon content, add one dungeon for EVERY major content patch.

4. When you reset progress per "season", shuffle all the gear in every dungeon with new items. New trinkets, new itemization, and a whole new set of appearances as well. Your art department is good. USE THEM.

5. If content is going to be seasonal, make it seasonal. Either it is or it isn't, but none of this in-between stuff. Don't create a wow season and then space the content out over 8-10 weeks of time-gating. If people want to bum rush the content in a day or a week, LET THEM. Let people be the arbiters of their own demise, or not. See if it works out.

6. I don't care if you decide to make another "system" (Because honestly I've liked most of them), but don't make it temporary. FIND a way to carry that progress over into the next. It's hard, but a lot of jobs are. If it's too hard, find other work because this industry probably isn't for you.

7. If you develop something you think is fun, then let it be that. Don't tie any form of power progression to it. Throw some cosmetic items and toys in there and call it a day. And then UPDATE IT WITH NEW THINGS REGULARLY.

8. Design dungeons to be an ordinary place first, a mythic plus dungeon LAST. If it looks like M+ players would bitch and moan about it, don't add it to the keystone system, because you KNOW it's just going to be a massive headache.

May have been said already but cross faction groups, tear those boundaries down! Or at least have it where you need the next expansion to be able to cross faction, keeps in continuity that way XD

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I'm sorry I don't have just ONE. I have several.

1. Gear should either have sockets, or not. No random rolling of socket upgrades, no "Grind this to get gem sockets". It either has them, or it doesn't. Hell, make sure all rings have slots, and maybe belts or necklaces. Throw jewelcrafters a freaking BONE.

2. Get rid of the PTR, and then hire a group of internal testers to seriously play test the content at all levels. From uber casuals to the most dedicated of players that will min-max ALL the fun out of everything.

3. If you're going to make raid and dungeon content, add one dungeon for EVERY major content patch.

4. When you reset progress per "season", shuffle all the gear in every dungeon with new items. New trinkets, new itemization, and a whole new set of appearances as well. Your art department is good. USE THEM.

5. If content is going to be seasonal, make it seasonal. Either it is or it isn't, but none of this in-between stuff. Don't create a wow season and then space the content out over 8-10 weeks of time-gating. If people want to bum rush the content in a day or a week, LET THEM. Let people be the arbiters of their own demise, or not. See if it works out.

6. I don't care if you decide to make another "system" (Because honestly I've liked most of them), but don't make it temporary. FIND a way to carry that progress over into the next. It's hard, but a lot of jobs are. If it's too hard, find other work because this industry probably isn't for you.

7. If you develop something you think is fun, then let it be that. Don't tie any form of power progression to it. Throw some cosmetic items and toys in there and call it a day. And then UPDATE IT WITH NEW THINGS REGULARLY.

8. Design dungeons to be an ordinary place first, a mythic plus dungeon LAST. If it looks like M+ players would bitch and moan about it, don't add it to the keystone system, because you KNOW it's just going to be a massive headache.
    Why do you want the end of timegating ? If it's POSSIBLE it will be REQUIRED by the communauty. That's the big problem, we're not in 2005 anymore. If you can be max X after 3 days, you won't be able to PUG anything if you are not max X in these 3 days. Simple as that. Not a solution at all. Even if you play with guildmates only. Unless you want to be "that guy who is always behind everyone".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Why do you want the end of timegating ? If it's POSSIBLE it will be REQUIRED by the communauty. That's the big problem, we're not in 2005 anymore. If you can be max X after 3 days, you won't be able to PUG anything if you are not max X in these 3 days. Simple as that. Not a solution at all. Even if you play with guildmates only. Unless you want to be "that guy who is always behind everyone".
    I'd prefer the story not be gated. It's part of why I don't think television shows are enjoyable on network tv. "Come back next week to see the stunning conclusion!". No thanks, I'll wait till it's all out and watch it in one go. And then just release LFR all at once, not over several weeks. It's just banal.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I'd prefer the story not be gated. It's part of why I don't think television shows are enjoyable on network tv. "Come back next week to see the stunning conclusion!". No thanks, I'll wait till it's all out and watch it in one go. And then just release LFR all at once, not over several weeks. It's just banal.
    What story ? There is a story line in wow ? I thought it died years ago... I dont even follow it anymore you'd better do the same. It makes no sense. Don't even know how it ended with Sylvananas.

If everything was in cutscenes maybe... but text only, most people just skip it

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing, I was talking about the Renown lvl ect, imagine if you could be max renown in one go. It would be required for any "serious" raid even if it's not. LFR is irrelevant for me, I skipped LFR/normal entirely (just one normal run on day 1) in Legion/BFA/SL
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-08-23 at 11:54 AM.

No borrowed power is my first one. If they want to add something to the game, add another talent row or add new specs to some classes where it makes sense.

Shockadin,
    Gladiator,
    A shammy tank spec,
    Etc

Basically, add something permanent to the game. I am tired of expansion features, I want game features!
    Last edited by Soikona; 2021-08-23 at 11:53 AM.