Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No more borrowed powers

Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    Since you opted to ignore the very first sentence of my post I won't read the rest of yours. Go and check what was said again.
    I read the first sentence, but you can't just go "I know it's not related, BUT..." and then make suggestions like it is.

If you really agreed that raid size didn't matter, you'd have STOPPED after the first sentence. But that's not what you did. You followed it up with:

Evidently we are not getting better boss fights on average just because it's 20-man only.
    You clearly think raid size and design ARE related. Don't pretend like people are misquoting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You clearly think raid size and design ARE related. Don't pretend like people are misquoting you.
    What? Read through it carefully next time and stop wasting my time. You guys are the one making the claim that fixed 20 man leads to better boss fights and I'm saying that hasn't happened.

Since you opted to ignore the very first sentence of my post I won't read the rest of yours. Go and check what was said again.

Yes, when the promise was that raid encounters would get better because of the fixed 20 man size and they didn't that demonstrates that Blizzard lied and failed.
    Buddy, the promise wasn't 100% non-dogshit encounters. Nobody (reasonable) expects Blizzard to bat a thousand each time they design a raid instance. It was that there'd be less dogshit encounters than there were in Cata/MoP. It seems pretty fucking stupid to try to compare post-20M encounters with the ones you've already confirmed you prefer because it's largely a case of personal preference. (For the record, IMO, WoD in three raids had more memorable, well designed encounters than Cata and MoP had combined.)

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    For the record, IMO, WoD in three raids had more memorable, well designed encounters than Cata and MoP had combined
    For the record this is bullshit.

Are you glad you started this particular line of discussion, by the way?

For the record this is bullshit.

Are you glad you started this particular line of discussion, by the way?
    Lmfao, thanks for confirming what we already knew. You have no interest in discussing the topic objectively, you just want to point out that your opinion > anybody else's opinion.

You have no interest in discussing the topic objectively, you just want to point out that your opinion > anybody else's opinion.
    Meanwhile:

For the record, IMO

Meanwhile:
    Yes, I gave my opinion on the matter because it was relevant to the topic (though not really, hence the parenthesis). I don't know why you're hanging onto this like I didn't do that intentionally.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-09-13 at 12:48 AM.

What? Read through it carefully next time and stop wasting my time. You guys are the one making the claim that fixed 20 man leads to better boss fights and I'm saying that hasn't happened.
    And I'm saying: how do you know this? You have zero basis for comparison, because we don't know what fights we'd have without fixed raid size. The only thing we do know is that fight quality has, overall and on average, gone up since they changed to fixed raid size. We don't know if it's BECAUSE of fixed raid size, but everything we have in terms of data indicates to an overwhelming degree that quality has gone UP and not DOWN - which begs the question of why you think we didn't get better fights, and how you'd prove that.

And if your answer is simply "well I didn't like them as much" then cool story bro, but that's not an argument to discuss it's just an opinion to share.

7+ Year Old Account
    Despite the fact that I know it would be a balancing nightmare, I'd LOVE to see multiclassing in the game. Like halfway through your leveling process you get the option to either continue down your base class' path, or choose a second spec from another class and become a new class all together (a rogue/warlock would be a Nightblade, for example). If I could play a character that blended the Assassination or Subtlety rogue specs with the Affliction warlock spec, I'd be so happy!

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    What is your TOP #1 wish in terms of systems, non-lore related content or game modes for 10.0 (non gear altering or player power and stats altering borrowed power systems that is, of course, since we know how much players love those, lol)?

I'll start:

Would love to see a new game mode that allows veteran players to take new players on a tour of old raids, and other game modes such as Mage Tower from previous expansions for them to experience them at full mechanics. I think this would also be a great community building tool.

Other examples would be: Tinker class, 4th specs, talent tree reworks allowing for sub specs based on combat style...etc
    To give some ridiculously hard to obtain gear that isnt spoonfed to casuals on a drip, bring back the gearing structure that was once wow where you got rewarded for the effort you put in rather than being able to just log in for 4 hours a week and be max everything within 3 months regardless.

Want the good stuff? work for it. oh you work? thats a shame. stop accommadating the entitled casuals because all you are doing is shafting the no lifers because there isnt anything to log in for.

In shadowlands i pretty much max out in gear after 2/3 weeks with only minor upgrades to come. you can say "the game doesnt revolve around gear" which you are right, but the feeling you get when your about to open your weekly vault, that anticipation of an upgrade, to say it isnt there is a lie. when that anticipation goes away,oh raid has reset fresh chance of upgrades, i really hope that [insert item] drops.

As soon as you take that away from people they stop logging in. remember back in the day when you only had raids to get end game gear, how many players would "reroll alt im bored of my main" the very second they got maxed out on bis gear? think it was a coincidence? bollocks, it happened too much.

We are all loot horny. some far less than others but even the ones that "dont >>>>really<<<< care about gear" will find there wanting of logging a character ending as soon as they are approaching bis gear.

Someone else said it but: Less loading screens.

This is supposed to be an open world MMO, and it used to be amazing being able to fly round huge continents. Now since Legion there's just too much interruption and instancing. My old PC back in legion couldn't even handle the dalaran load in half the time.

I quit shadowlands a few months ago for numerous reasons, but one of them was: I have precious little time to game in the evening after work and I'm spending half of it sat on this stupid flight path or a loading screen!!

10+ Year Old Account
    New class. It's been too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yep. A completely fresh perspective to the game is more gratifying than anything else they can possibly develop.

1.) "We finally realised how bad of a job we've done, how much we've ruined the game and how much it sucks. We are shutting down all servers immediately and everyone on the team has been fired. WoW2 is in development by a new, competent, team."

#1: Armor Class homogenization. All leather wearers can change spec to any leather spec, etc.
    #2: Cross-faction play.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Gimme at least one horde druid race that has shoes, 5 fingers and a not completely fucked up face.
    Forsaken dudus ftw, who morph into rotting animals /flex
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And a ranged one for once.

For my part, what I really want for 10.0 is Blizz to put effort into it. Enough nickel and diming us on a little over a handful of dungeons and 3 or so raids.

They want to peak my interest? 16 dungeons and 6 raids minimum. If they ditch flight, then I expect zones at least 50% bigger (or 50% more zones) with plenty of paths that aren't 'Fight, walk 20 yards, fight, walk 20 yards, fight, ad nauseum'. Reward exploring a large world. No generic AP system. No borrowed powers...my character should show growth for all that they've done.

Is it more work than what they've been doing for the past decade of expansions? Almost certainly. I'm not asking them to spend more than they will get...what I'm asking is that rather than spending 20% of their profits on us, that they start having the decency to spend 50 to 60% of their profits on us. Still plenty left for the top executives' bonuses (although perhaps not quite as insanely high as in the past).

1) One thing I wish for that would return me to retail would be for buttons to feel meaningful for me to press. What I mean by this is (in TBC Classic) when on a fury warrior for instance, you press Whirl Wind, you see the dmg, and feel it on the mobs you hit. In retail when I press an ability, it always feels like it's tickling the enemy, or players. I miss this type of game play. Maybe it's outdated, but that's just how I feel. Playing my enhancement shaman in retail is another example of too many buttons that feel like they just don't do anything (once again, in my opinion).

I would want game play and classes to feel more like they did in say about WoTLK era. Just my preference, I know it's not a popular one.

2) I would love to be able to play my alliance characters with my horde friends. I have friends that for whatever reason, refuse to play alliance. I play both factions, but sometimes i just prefer the looks of the ally characters more, or their racials. I wish Blizzard would just let us choose when we hit level 10 on any character, what faction we want to join. After all, why couldn't a human decide to join the horde?
    Last edited by Twistnectar; 2021-09-13 at 05:54 PM.