Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Well, I mean when your own source is 95% off it stands to reason that somebody might have a right to be a bit pedantic. :-/
    was pulling a number out of my ass initially (just going with the anecdotal, you dont become the CEO of a fortune 500 company, or make a company a fortune 500 company, by being a cuddly teddy bear), but pedants gonna pedant

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    was pulling a number out of my ass initially (just going with the anecdotal, you dont become the CEO of a fortune 500 company, or make a company a fortune 500 company, by being a cuddly teddy bear), but pedants gonna pedant
    Bro, your own source showed the actual figure was closer to 0% than 100% so, like, maybe rethink the way you phrase things before you say them. That's all.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    A lot of people are going to just bail. Blizz is poison right now better to get out while you can.
    Quite the opposite actually. The issues raised are industry wide, so there's no escaping them by simply changing companies. And with the way the Activision Blizzard employees (of all companies under the holding) are banding together and forming a pseudo-union, and potentially a true union, Activision Blizzard is the best place to be at the moment if you're looking to help change the attitude of the industry and shape the future of diversity in it.

    I'd be more suspicious of those leaving, because they could very well be racist, sexist, or guilty of the crimes in question and are trying to escape before the axe falls on them.

    The way players are making this whole issue, which is about the employees and work conditions, about themselves and their petty grievances over one aspect or another of one of the games is, quite frankly, sickening, and shows that while the employees are certainly working on reducing toxicity amongst them, it seems the playerbase is still a long ways off from reducing it amongst ourselves. The threads over the past week on here have been testament to that.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    exaggeration and my own interactions with high level executives at my own company.

    You remember the assholes you work with and the gems, you dont remember the 'whatevers'

    And on metzen, its colloquial exaggeration, if you are going to just nitpick all day then have fun.
    You linked two articles to support your claim - that obvioulsy means you genuinely believed they were true. Dont backtrack now, and in the future, maybe read the articles you are linking to suppoort your arguemnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

  5. #65
    speculating about why a blizz employee has left right now is more pointless than usual. we can't tell if someone decided to turn in their notice just before all the recent allegations (though with an investor lawsuit as well, this is basically confirmed) or if they are being outed as problems. only time and the revelation of evidence can clear this up.

  6. #66
    If he was a system designer all I have to say is good riddance.

  7. #67
    I like people are like.. you cannot know he left for the reasons everyone is leaving! But then like.. if that is the case.. how do you know that isn't the case? Just seems like a dumb debate that you might as well take his word on it. Sounds like his departure was going to happen and he didn't want to throw his name in the hat of the situation that is currently ongoing. If that isn't the case I am sure California will come knocking. No reason for us to really worry about it at the moment beyond that.

    But it is sad to see him go. He did some pretty decent work even if he wasn't one of the front facing folk that hung out in the Coz. Which.. probably is a good thing right?

  8. #68
    Warchief Nero Duskwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Did they even do anything bad? I only know of Afrasiabi and Brack as they were mentioned in the lawsuit.
    As Afrasiabi's direct superiors, Morhaime and Metzen could be perceived as his most significant enablers. Jeff Kaplan, who also left, has long history w/ Afrasiabi going back to their EQ days and, while he also was never directly named, would not be surprising if he turned out to be another enabler. This is all hearsay of course and it's better to just let the facts come out than make kneejerk assumptions about why so-and-so left.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2021-08-05 at 02:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Duskrime
    Diablo 3 Profile

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I like people are like.. you cannot know he left for the reasons everyone is leaving! But then like.. if that is the case.. how do you know that isn't the case?
    The default is that it's unrelated, because in a huge company in this kind of industry there is a natural turnover rate that has people coming and going all the time.

    If you think it is related, it's incumbent on you to provide supporting evidence. It could very well be true, but we don't know until we get data to indicate it; until that time, the only reasonable assumption is that it's not related to the lawsuit.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The default is that it's unrelated, because in a huge company in this kind of industry there is a natural turnover rate that has people coming and going all the time.

    If you think it is related, it's incumbent on you to provide supporting evidence. It could very well be true, but we don't know until we get data to indicate it; until that time, the only reasonable assumption is that it's not related to the lawsuit.
    So you agree with me or something? Because you just said what I said but with a lot more pointlessness. For sure when you crop out and remove context.

  11. #71
    Nobody can know what some departures may mean now. He might have "jumped ship", but he might also have been a part of the problem and got yeeted.

    Or he might have felt his ass was about to be on fire next and bailed to find shelter somewhere else before blowing up.

    /shrug
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  12. #72
    Scarab Lord Vestig3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands, Amsterdam
    Posts
    4,586
    Corey stockton’s linkdin and twitter account have been deleted aswell. I guess that whole thing with the suite and his comments where the end of his role within blizzard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Duskwind View Post
    As Afrasiabi's direct superiors, Morhaime and Metzen could be perceived as his most significant enablers. Jeff Kaplan, who also left, has long history w/ Afrasiabi going back to their EQ days and, while he also was never directly named, would not be surprising if he turned out to be another enabler. This is all hearsay of course and it's better to just let the facts come out than make kneejerk assumptions about why so-and-so left.
    Metzen already said that he never directly worked with alex as metzen had nothing to do with him within the company and only went back and forward over lore sometimes.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2021-08-05 at 11:22 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog


  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    So you agree with me or something? Because you just said what I said but with a lot more pointlessness. For sure when you crop out and remove context.
    I'm not agreeing with you, no. Your earlier post tried to invert the burden of proof. This is how weird rumors get started - people operating on assumptions they think are justified, without any actual data to justify them. It could very well turn out that it was related in this case, but until we know anything more it's not a reasonable assumption to make given the long leadup time and high natural turnover in the industry.

    Those details aren't "pointless". It's how proper arguments work. If you're not interested in proper arguments then, fair enough, you do you.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm not agreeing with you, no. Your earlier post tried to invert the burden of proof. This is how weird rumors get started - people operating on assumptions they think are justified, without any actual data to justify them. It could very well turn out that it was related in this case, but until we know anything more it's not a reasonable assumption to make given the long leadup time and high natural turnover in the industry.

    Those details aren't "pointless". It's how proper arguments work. If you're not interested in proper arguments then, fair enough, you do you.
    The problem with your case study is I said "we don't know do the conversation is pointless so leave it to investigators" so in fact I was defending him from allocations. Thanks for more fancy words built on a foundation of fundimental lack of reading comperention. Now, go crop out a few individual words removing context to make yourself feel merited when in reality it will just be marketed.

  15. #75
    tbh everyone should jump ship, people who work there and dont look for alternatic workplaces have only themselves to blame.
    I did the same, my old place was toxic, changed my workplace and get more money and no headache after work.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    I think that's partially correct, but I do think that Activision may have some culpability in the toxic environment too. They've been trying to pressure/squeeze more out of Blizzard at the expense of quality, and that kind of pressure works it's way down the chain. I guess it depends whether Metzen/Morheim left because they were sick of Activison, or if they saw which way the wind was blowing with harassment and didn't want to be there when things blew up.
    This "evil Activision" doing bad things to poor Morhaime, Metzen and Blizzard is nothing more than a forum fable.

    It's really about time people start to have reality sink in that Blizzard's fuckups are in fact their own. And yes it includes our Holy Saint Morhaime who in last years of his tenure pulled disaster after disaster and left a company with nothing in the pipeline for years.

    These are the guys who practically killed off Starcraft, HoTS and Diablo, brought WoW low, while they were sitting on their asses milking their card game and WoW.

    Imagine that last 5 years Blizzard did not release even one new game. That's not because Activision held them back, it's because Blizzard fucking lost it.

    And if there is one good thing about this whole lawsuit and slump, is that I legit hope Activision takes over for good, so Blizzard can get new blood in - people who actually would want to make and release new games instead of living off their parents (WoW).
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    fundimental lack of reading comperention.
    I think I'll have to bow out, this gave me too much of an ironygasm.

    In all seriousness though, I do expect a genuine wave of quits in the wake of these events. I'm sure rival companies are mailing out offers to prospective poaches every hour at this point, and no doubt some people will also just be fed up with it all. But these things tend to take time, so it'll be a while until we get a better picture of what the personnel situation is going to look like.

    In any event, I find it unlikely that there'll be fatal hemorrhage; the activism from the Activision workers speaks, to me, of a genuine desire to make it work. Make changes, absolutely, but make it work nonetheless.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I think I'll have to bow out, this gave me too much of an ironygasm.

    In all seriousness though, I do expect a genuine wave of quits in the wake of these events. I'm sure rival companies are mailing out offers to prospective poaches every hour at this point, and no doubt some people will also just be fed up with it all. But these things tend to take time, so it'll be a while until we get a better picture of what the personnel situation is going to look like.

    In any event, I find it unlikely that there'll be fatal hemorrhage; the activism from the Activision workers speaks, to me, of a genuine desire to make it work. Make changes, absolutely, but make it work nonetheless.
    Crop out of context to make a point then pull the "bow out" card. SOP around here. The lesson to take from this is bow out before jumping in the ring.

  19. #79
    I mean -- every game Morisson worked on turned into shit. So its a net positive.

  20. #80
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,246
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    I mean -- every game Morisson worked on turned into shit. So its a net positive.
    Tbh I don't think the guy was to blame, there appears to have been much bigger fish muddying the waters.
    If the Janitor managed to pwn Azeroth:

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    "Die, wold soul of *incomprehensible mumbling* with your death my plan to *incomprehensible mumbling* finally fullfilled and *incomprehensible mumbling*!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •