Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Craig Morisson jumped ship too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I wouldn't assume his departure has anything to do with the fallout of that situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    "My move has been in the works for a while" Do you have poor reading comprehension perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    What position did he have/ what did he do?
    Accordin to bio, a designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    "My move has been in the works for a while" Do you have poor reading comprehension perhaps?
    I assume he didn't do anything wrong, but even Afrasabi probably said "My move has been in the works for a while".

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    What position did he have/ what did he do?
    WoW Design Manager

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I assume he didn't do anything wrong, but even Afrasabi probably said "My move has been in the works for a while".
    "Probably" Do you know this or are you just making an assumption?

So was Metzen's and Morheim's and Ghostcrawler's and......... Yeah

What's with the high turnover rate for Blizzard leaders recently?

Because given the context of whats happening now, im leaning towards "the environment there is toxic and nobody wants to be a part of it"

10+ Year Old Account

What's with the high turnover rate for Blizzard leaders recently
    Did they even do anything bad? I only know of Afrasiabi and Brack as they were mentioned in the lawsuit.

So how many this year are we at now?

Did they even do anything bad? I only know of Afrasiabi and Brack as they were mentioned in the lawsuit.
    Huh?

I'm not implying any of them did anything bad. I'm saying that this is like the hundredth high-level Blizzard dev/manager/etc to leave within the past few years and their reasons are probably related. Seems to me that it's become a shitty place to work.

Because given the context of whats happening now, im leaning towards "the environment there is toxic and nobody wants to be a part of it"
    Who wants to be a part of a company that can't release games, has lost its prestige, and throws its employees under the bus to placate the twitter mob?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So how many this year are we at now?
    Turnover in a company with almost 10000 employees? Who'd've thought.

Who cares? Someone quitting during a scandal & subsequent outrage doesn't implicate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Who cares? Someone quitting during a scandal & subsequent outrage doesn't implicate them.
    Who implicated them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh?

I'm not implying any of them did anything bad. I'm saying that this is like the hundredth high-level Blizzard dev/manager/etc to leave within the past few years and their reasons are probably related. Seems to me that it's become a shitty place to work.
    That was what it seemed to me, but i can see where you're coming from.

Who implicated them?
    He literally just said it doesn't implicate them.

Where are you getting confused?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

What's with the high turnover rate for Blizzard leaders recently?

The people leaving because the environment is toxic are the lower workers we don’t hear about the metzen’s and morheim’s are the ones who helped make it that way and keep it that way if ex and current employe statements are any thing to go off of.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Huh?

Eh, people in this industry change jobs all the time. It shouldn't 'seem to you' that its become a shitty place to work if all you're doing is correlating whats happening now to anyone in the company leaving.

Hell you could do this 6 months ago, and say it's because of Blitzchung. Or go a year back before that and it's because Reforged was released with terrible reviews. Or go a year before that and people are leaving because Diablo Immortal was announced.

If it were really such a shitty place to work at, people wouldn't be holding protests to *keep their jobs and while wanting to change company policy*, they'd literally just walk out and find a new job. And reality is, it's still just a job. Again, this harassment shit is industry-wide, and the public is just seeing this now. Riot, Ubisoft have also been outed on this, and who knows how many more companies have kept this shit hush hush.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-08-04 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The people leaving because the environment is toxic are the lower workers we don’t hear about the metzen’s and morheim’s are the ones who helped make it that way and keep it that way if ex and current employe statements are any thing to go off of.
    Exactly this.

Why do people love speculating and assuming why people leave the company? As if any argument would ever be validated for the ones who leave without providing a reason.

You will probably never know. What is the use in debating over it.