Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Who wants to be a part of a company that can't release games, has lost its prestige, and throws its employees under the bus to placate the twitter mob?
    TIL the state of California is a Twitter mob.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Did they even do anything bad? I only know of Afrasiabi and Brack as they were mentioned in the lawsuit.
    Morheim apparently had empoyees reprimanded for coming to him with sexual harassment and threat claims.

Metzen was just a wee bit of a sexist twat at times but other wise nothing to bad had come out against him.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Why do people love speculating and assuming why people leave the company? As if any argument would ever be validated for the ones who leave without providing a reason.

You will probably never know. What is the use in debating over it.
    Right now more than ever is what these forums have been waiting on: A time to hate on not just a game but the people who play the game. People speculate when they know absolutely nothing in the first place, and the big takeaway here is that people will do anything they can to hurt the game because they were always jaded about wow to begin with.

Let the haters hate, because personally: I've had a great time in game since this happened lol - so all these cry babies who left: Please stay gone

Fuck dudes, at this rate pretty soon John McAllister -- my 14th favorite janitor at Blizzard Entertainment -- will leave.

Never heard of him. Don't think this really deserves a thread of its own tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Morheim apparently had empoyees reprimanded for coming to him with sexual harassment and threat claims.

Metzen was just a wee bit of a sexist twat at times but other wise nothing to bad had come out against him.
    Yeah this is something I don't get, people think Morheim could be this patron saint of gaming, but at the end of the day he is a Tech CEO, 99% of those are complete assholes, really think he was different? Maybe he was slightly more 'gamer friendly' but he's still a CEO thats in the job to make money. Maybe he will different now that he has his m(b)illions and can be the head of a VC firm, but he will still be cutthroat on getting his ROI.

Metzen basically had a complete mental breakdown, him being a bit of a sexist I could maybe (somewhat) rub off on his generation and just how his life was for a long time, but it does feel to me the more corporate Blizzard got, the worse he looked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I assume he didn't do anything wrong, but even Afrasabi probably said "My move has been in the works for a while".
    Alex A said nothing. Haha.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Fuck dudes, at this rate pretty soon John McAllister -- my 14th favorite janitor at Blizzard Entertainment -- will leave.
    Ah shit, not John "The Dragon" McAllister! That guy is amazing with a mop.

But really, the amount of threads that look at people changing jobs and coming up with reasons why it happened crack me up.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Yeah this is something I don't get, people think Morheim could be this patron saint of gaming, but at the end of the day he is a Tech CEO, 99% of those are complete assholes, really think he was different? Maybe he was slightly more 'gamer friendly' but he's still a CEO thats in the job to make money. Maybe he will different now that he has his m(b)illions and can be the head of a VC firm, but he will still be cutthroat on getting his ROI.

Metzen basically had a complete mental breakdown, him being a bit of a sexist I could maybe (somewhat) rub off on his generation and just how his life was for a long time, but it does feel to me the more corporate Blizzard got, the worse he looked.
    Morhiem managed to build a cult of personally which turned into full on hero worship when he left and people stuck in it then a blind eye to the fact that he’s a mini kotick in almost every way. Hell likely play it safe with DH as he doesn’t have a scape goat to hide behind any more and news of him being a dick bag hurt his image a wee bit.

Metzen on the other hand seemed to be in quite the mid life crisis but was a lot less malicious and even seems to be in an upward bend.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    TIL the state of California is a Twitter mob.
    As far as I've heard about California, that seems to be pretty accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Who implicated them?
    I'm saying it's not interesting since it doesn't imply anything. Drawing attention to something like this has no purpose but to throw fuel on a fire for the fuck of it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation

Well, he was the current Principal Game Designer for both Shadowlands and The Burning Crusade Classic, He also was the Design Manager for three expansions of World of Warcraft (Legion, Warlords of Draenor, and Battle for Azeroth) as well as WoW Classic, before.

So Blizzard got a huge position to fill with him leaving... on the WoW team! Things hopefully get better now!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He said this was in the works before but he didn't announce it last week due to not wanting to overshadow the walkout, which I buy.

As to why he'd move on, my guess is someone that's been to that many games can see a team that's falling apart and knows WoW's at that point.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    As to why he'd move on, my guess is someone that's been to that many games can see a team that's falling apart and knows WoW's at that point.
    Or, more likely, he got offered a position at a different company for more money.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or, more likely, he got offered a position at a different company for more money.
    With that bad none-blizzard game history on his CV, I would be surprised if anyone hires him at all

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    With that bad none-blizzard game history on his CV, I would be surprised if anyone hires him at all
    Agreed -- who would want to hire the designer from one of the single most successful video game franchises of all time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed -- who would want to hire the designer from one of the single most successful video game franchises of all time?
    When they're in the middle of the worst PR disaster in the entire history of their company? Feels like you're leaving out a particularly important part of the equation here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Did they even do anything bad? I only know of Afrasiabi and Brack as they were mentioned in the lawsuit.

Do you have "poor reading comprehension" ?

Multiple people have been reported to have been doing things. Keep in mind that J. Allen & Afrasiabi were the only two mentioned so far. The documents has a list of 10 john does in the list. Stop coming at people with shitty comments and just sit back and grab your popcorn. This shit show that Blizzard/Activision-Blizzard is throwing right now is rather enjoyable to look at.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    When they're in the middle of the worst PR disaster in the entire history of their company? Feels like you're leaving out a particularly important part of the equation here.
    Am I? The dude said himself the move was in place before all this shit went down.

I shop in Waitrose anyway

"My move has been in the works for a while" Do you have poor reading comprehension perhaps?
    I mean Mike Morhaime's and Chris Metzen's were too and we all know they were well aware. He could be one of thise that sat idly by doing nothing or turning a deaf ear to those asking him to help. So just because he said it's been in the works for a while doesn't mean there hasn't been pressure from within to let those mixed up in this to leave without being fired.