Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    What position did he have/ what did he do?
    Man people are saying that every single time something happens and someone leave. People on this board needs to learn to add 2 + 2

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Whoa, that big tough internet guy was pwnt. GG good sir/ma'am

More OT, I think it's just fair to give this Morrison guy the benefit of the doubt. After all, his statement is perfectly reasonable, and I wouldn't blame him for trying to leave as quietly as possible. Especially in the middle of such a massive &$#@storm
    I wasn't "pwnt" at all. His links prove nothing. Panic attack =/= mental breakdown, and the first link doesn't even come close to supporting his or her statement that 99% of people with that profession are dysfunctional.

Insert another quarter, try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, neither of those are even close. Your sensationalist statements still come off as cringey and, well, lies.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2021-08-07 at 05:21 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    I wasn't "pwnt" at all. His links prove nothing. Panic attack =/= mental breakdown, and the first link doesn't even come close to supporting his or her statement that 99% of people with that profession are dysfunctional.

Insert another quarter, try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, neither of those are even close. Your sensationalist statements still come off as cringey and, well, lies.
    You totally weren't, to the point that you had to tell it because otherwise nobody would have realised LOL.

And no, you ain't having my quarters, big tough boy. Go trim some lawn if you want extra money.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

You totally weren't, to the point that you had to tell it because otherwise nobody would have realised LOL.

And no, you ain't having my quarters, big tough boy. Go trim some lawn if you want extra money.
    Nobody would have realized? I was addressing you specifically, hence the quote. Are you a nobody? Is that what you meant?

5+ Year Old Account
    Nobody would have realized? I was addressing you specifically, hence the quote. Are you a nobody? Is that what you meant?
    It would have been "just me" if you had written your cringeworthy gotcha drivel as a PM. But since you posted it on the general boards, the ones not noticing your sad attempt at scoring internet points are the entire userbase of MMOC.

I know, it's quite an elemental reasoning, but what would an internet bully know

10+ Year Old Account
    People change jobs? Weird!
    Hi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Especially when you are working in such a wonderful place as Irvine

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially when you are working in such a wonderful place as Irvine
    Yeah, I've heard there's wildfires and shit in Cali quite often now, plus the heat in general. Wouldn't be my cup of tea.
    Hi

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've heard there's wildfires and shit in Cali quite often now, plus the heat in general. Wouldn't be my cup of tea.
    There are wildfires... and wildfires. You can find extensive coverage of the latter in e.g. the News subforum of MMOC.

No matter who moves right now there's going to be speculation around it for sure:

-Did they leave because they're a harasser?
    -Did they leave because they're taking a stand against the harassment?
    -Did they leave because they're being pushed out around the harassment, like they protected a harasser?
    -Did they leave because the product has been garbage?
    -Did they leave because of the changes to management that's been happening?
    -Did they leave for a better job?...which sounds like literally anything in the field that isn't Riot

Lots of other reasons that can be thought of for sure, but the first 4 are probably the big ones going to be on everyone's mind as people step away from this sinking ship.
    Common sense is not common at all.

Only Cowards Rejoice when heroes fall.

I like that.

What if it is for a completely mundane reason, like his wife/SO got a better job in a different state.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    "My move has been in the works for a while" Do you have poor reading comprehension perhaps?
    so just because someone says something its true? sick hey i have some beach front property i would like to sell to you in colorado. Let me guess you are still a fan boy of that shit company and you got the blinders on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Only Cowards Rejoice when heroes fall.
    what heroes?

- - - Updated - - -

during something as hot as what is going on right now it does raise an eye brow

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashane View Post
    No matter who moves right now there's going to be speculation around it for sure.
    I think that you are right, unfortunately. When management has systematically been sweeping their !@#$ under the rug for more than one decade, it becomes very hard to determine who was a sex pest (something tells me that Afrasiabi wasn't the only one) and/or drunkard, who turned a blind eye on it out of impotence (at best) or complicity (at worst), or who was just trying to do his/her job in an, um... less than ideal environment. Add to that the first reactions of management, and you have a pretty ugly mess to deal with if you work there.

It would have been "just me" if you had written your cringeworthy gotcha drivel as a PM. But since you posted it on the general boards, the ones not noticing your sad attempt at scoring internet points are the entire userbase of MMOC.

I know, it's quite an elemental reasoning, but what would an internet bully know
    Wow, dude, are you this defensive and cringe IRL, too?

I don't do PMs, that shit's weird. I didn't post it in the "general boards". I posted it in the thread it's being discussed in. You need to be less sensitive, tbh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I like that.

What if it is for a completely mundane reason, like his wife/SO got a better job in a different state.
    Hopefully that's the reason, there is too much !@#$ flying around and it would be a shame if it came upon someone who's apparently unrelated to all this affaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I assume he didn't do anything wrong, but even Afrasabi probably said "My move has been in the works for a while".
    Afrasabi was just gone. Nothing was really said when it happened and they started washing him away from things. There were even the sky is falling type of threads here, on the wow forums and redit when he vanished. Of course when you are fired you often leave in silence to avoid legal backlash.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    "My move has been in the works for a while" Do you have poor reading comprehension perhaps?
    Hey, obviously it has to do with the thing going on and he's just lying to protect Blizzard, right? /s
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Why do people love speculating and assuming why people leave the company? As if any argument would ever be validated for the ones who leave without providing a reason.

You will probably never know. What is the use in debating over it.
    They just want drama.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    When they're in the middle of the worst PR disaster in the entire history of their company? Feels like you're leaving out a particularly important part of the equation here.
    Maybe other companies care less about hurt fee fees and twitter outrage and blaming everyone by association than you seem to?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.