... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Where's Lead story designer?

It desperately needs a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Where's Lead story designer?

It desperately needs a replacement
    You dont get those by a job opening, good storytelling is a talent and very VERY rare one and this applies very mutch in these times where everthing is a reboot or remake or a spinoff because of the lack in talent in this department.
    When you want a good one you look at franchises in movies, games and books you like and what storyteller is behind them and you talk to them if they are interest to push your IP forward with good story.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2021-08-05 at 06:34 PM.

Diablo Immortal controller support sounds great - especially if the game isn't bad. Sad to see it isn't being released for PC but people will just use emulators anyways.

It's strange that they have delayed Diablo Immortal for so long. It feels like they at first wanted it to be a reskinned Chinese knock-off clone, but with how much it has been delayed that doesn't sound like the case anymore. I doubt they'd wait SO long if the game was already finished - there has been plenty of dead time between patches or updates in their games to release it.

So what gives, honestly?

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Well, the timewalking exp was fun while it lasted...
    Yep, told my guildies yesterday it is going to be fixed as we were going to do a "go go go" run tonight for leveling up a few characters, and someone read the xp boost article on Wowhead.

I told them and did some runs myself yesterday instead, because it was obvious it was going to be fixed since wowhead reported about it, and 3 hours later, it was fixed. I don't get why they didn't take it back to how it was when we had the WoD event few weeks back. It gave half of what it did yesterday in TBC ones, but instead blizzard nerfs it to be worse than doing normal dungeon leveling? Its just too much.

And like always, if there is something you think is good in the game, please be quiet about it :P

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Then why the fuck did they announce it at Blizzcon to an American crowd?
    It's going to be released in the West but don't make the mistake of thinking the West is the target audience.

China is the king of mobile cash and Diablo Immortal will 100% be geared towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    You dont get those by a job opening, good storytelling is a talent and very VERY rare one and this applies very mutch in these times where everthing is a reboot or remake or a spinoff because of the lack in talent in this department.
    When you want a good one you look at franchises in movies, games and books you like and what storyteller is behind them and you talk to them if they are interest to push your IP forward with good story.
    Well blizzard never did that before

https://jobsearcher.com/j/narrative-...ifornia-3jjr17
    Last edited by kiramon; 2021-08-05 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    I seriously doubt they'll be getting quality developers. With current shitshow no self respecting developer would want to join Blizzard, even those who just a month ago considered working for Blizzard to be the best job ever. It would be downright harmful for future career.

Probably intended for one of 2 purposes (depending on which direction Blizzard will be going):
    - Diversity hires to show that Blizzard /cares.
    - Union busting hires.

Either way its not intended to improve product quality.
    Shitshow or not, putting Blizzard on your resume is quite a feat. Working on billion dollar IPs at a AAA studio will catch the attention of any recruiter.

Setting aside that it'll still be released in the west despite the development goal, if they didn't announce it, that particular Blizzcon would have been even more of a nothingburger than it turned out to be.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Current narrative team is doing a systematic assassination of the old lore so pretty much any half talented random geek can write better story than this thing filled with self inserts, red herring "cliffhangers" with no forseeable resolution, characters with 0 personality (Jailer) whose motives seems to be secret to everybody (even the writers)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Current narrative team is doing a systematic assassination of the old lore so pretty much any half talented random geek can write better story than this thing filled with self inserts, red herring "cliffhangers" with no forseeable resolution, characters with 0 personality (Jailer) whose motives seems to be secret to everybody (even the writers)...
    I wouldn't call this an assassination, assassination implies some complicacy and precision. What they do is more like a carnage

because Blizzcon is a GLOBAL event with a crowd from all over the world.

China and the far east isn't some ultra alien nonhuman area of the universe that has no interaction with the west and in which the two markets can't coexist. It isn't either/or

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They've pulled the "hiring more people than ever" and "expanding the team" card at least 3 times before.
    Remember that times when WOD had least content of any expac because they had to train new hires they got during MOP? Prepare for the same argument if 9.2 is nowhere to be seen...

Sounds like they are ramping up to a new expansion, plus we had a lot of folks leaving in the last couple of months so it does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    My friends think the "hiring" announcement is the anti-union lawfirm intimidation.
    This is why we all need to apply and in our interviews say "I applied because I can't wait to be part of the first video game developers' union!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I'd like to know the real requirements for positions like Game Director ... because apparently having a law degree got Ion's foot in the door.
    Ion got his foot in the door by running the (at the time) biggest theorycrafting site on the internet(Elitist Jerks). His work crunching numbers and figuring out that C'thun was mathematically impossible even though Blizzard thought he was killable put his name on their radar, and he later joined the company as a member of the Encounters team. He had a huge hand in designing Ulduar and ICC. It's not like he was hired and immediately made Game Director. He rose through the ranks over years with the company.

And honestly, he was really good at designing encounters and you can tell even today that raids are his passion. He should have stayed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    China and the far east isn't some ultra alien nonhuman area of the universe that has no interaction with the west
    That's not what I was saying.

I'm saying, why the hell was a game announced in USA if it's only intended to be sold in China? That makes no sense.

This whole "b-b-b-but it's just for China" shtick is only being used to handwave how bad the game is.

That's not what I was saying.

I'm saying, why the hell was a game announced in USA if it's only intended to be sold in China? That makes no sense.

This whole "b-b-b-but it's just for China" shtick is only being used to handwave how bad the game is.
    If you have not seen it played how do you know if it is good or bad and don't give me "HURRR DURR PHONES ALWAYS BAD" bullshit. Again Blizzcon might be physically in the US but the event is for let's say it very slowly now. The Entire World. Since you know it can be shown online, people around the world go to see it. It isn't an American conference for American market.

It is also a Blizzard IP, which means where else to show it? Blizzard Ip, Blizzard conference. Logically makes perfect sense. It wasn't like blizzard were saying D4 was incoming that year. Infact Blizzard made it clear BEFORE the ticket sales were finalised that if you're buying tickets expecting Diablo 4 or any kind of PC diablo game you're basically an idiot by using their social media accounts multiple times saying "Do not expect Diablo 4."

If you have not seen it played how do you know if it is good or bad
    except we have? lmao
    it's literally some Diablo ripoff reskinned to look like Diablo 3

Since you know it can be shown online
    by this logic, literally anything is a "the entire world" event because you can view it from the internet
    lmao

keep shilling

Based on the current Lead Writers, Blizzard doesn't care about talent for the position.

Early reviews are overwhelmingly favorable, though in the beta there's no telling how intrusive the microtransactions will be.