Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

World of Warcraft Job Openings, Diablo Immortal Development Update

World of Warcraft Job Openings
    Blizzard has posted over 20 new job openings for World of Warcraft. Highlights include a new post for an Associate Game Director and three new posts on the Combat Team.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    World of Warcraft Job Openings

• Software Engineer, Engine Tools
    • Class/Combat Designer
    • Game Designer, PvP Content
    • Class/Combat Designer, Tuning
    • Senior Software Engineer, Engine
    • Mid/Senior Encounter Designer
    • Senior Technical Artist
    • Knowledge Manager
    • Software Engineer, Engine
    • Content Designer
    • Sound Designer
    • Quest Designer
    • Principal Game Designer
    • Senior Visual Development Artist, Environments
    • Senior Software Engineer, Tools (Server)
    • Senior Software Engineer, WoW Classic
    • Technical Designer
    • Associate Game Producer, Engineering
    • Associate Production Director
    • Associate Game Director

Brian Holinka, Lead Combat Designer on World of Warcraft, shared that these new positions will be used to grow the team.

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - August 4, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

• Death Knight
      • Fixed an issue with the healing from Death Coil not reducing the cooldown of Apocalypse and Army of the Dead when talented into Army of the Damned.
    • Monk
      • Mistweaver
        • Fixed an issue that prevented Peaceweaver (PvP Talent) from applying to targets in Smoke Bomb.

Dungeons and Raids

• Tazavesh, the Veiled Market
      • Fixed an issue where players could get stuck under a shipwreck in the Stormheim section.
    • Timewalking
      • Fixed an issue where an incorrect amount of experience was being awarded when completing a Timewalking dungeon.

Burning Crusade Classic

• Midsummer Fire Festival
      • "A Thief's Reward" is now available after returning the flames of all major enemy city's bonfires.

Diablo Immortal Development Update
    Blizzard has posted a development update for Diablo Immortal, sharing that several changes will be coming to the game based on feedback gathered from the community during the closed alpha.

Blizzard has also announced that Diablo Immortal is now planned for release in the first half of 2022, which will allow the Diablo team to add substantial improvements to the whole game, provide controller support, as well as make content more accessible and engaging.

Last edited by Lumy; 2021-08-05 at 02:28 PM.

4+ years to make a shitty D3 mobile game? Seriously?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    At least this is them admitting they need help cause good god, everything is so stale

those job openings are those positions of people who striked the other day?

lets not make the mistake of hiring elitist jerks.

Yeah I bet people are lining up to work at Blizzard right now. Also, just stop developing Diablo Immortal. Nobody cares and no one will play it. Make WoW great again and finish D4!

5+ Year Old Account
    Sound designer. Shit maybe I should apply.

"this is growing the team" doesnt really mean that people didnt leave/arent going to leave. Lol
    He is just saying they are 'hiring'

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    those job openings are those positions of people who striked the other day?
    Some might be. Not too sure. There was a post on WoWhead about Ion looking for an assistant (which I am sure is new), and then a later post about new positions being made.
    Some of these might be people who have left the company that aren’t as high profile as Brack or Afrasiabi.

Diablo Immortal is nothing more than a reskin of a blatant Diablo Ripoff Clone game.

Why is this so hard to develop and why is it being pushed? It's probably ready now but they don't want to release in the middle of extremely bad press.

For the record I don't care to play it

Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    Diablo Immortal is nothing more than a reskin of a blatant Diablo Ripoff Clone game.

Why is this so hard to develop and why is it being pushed? It's probably ready now but they don't want to release in the middle of extremely bad press.

For the record I don't care to play it
    They're specifically developing it for China not the US/EU.

For a game that L I T E R A L L Y N O T R U E G A M E R cares about, people sure do get their panties in a bunch whenever Diablo Immortal's release is pushed...

As for them hiring, won't make a lick of difference for as long as the design philosophies on class gameplay remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    Yeah I bet people are lining up to work at Blizzard right now. Also, just stop developing Diablo Immortal. Nobody cares and no one will play it. Make WoW great again and finish D4!
    This actually might be the best time to seek a job at Blizzard. Standards & practices should be getting updated and made more modern. Better pay for diverse hires. High end job titles being created and/or opening up from people leaving. Assuming the company stays afloat and bounces back (which, if we’re being honest it probably will) then this is a potentially awesome gamble to take.
    Diablo Immortal will probably get a pretty decent following, especially in countries where handheld/mobile games are a huge market.
    D4 will be released when ready. Safe to assume with everything going on, 1st Covid and now the company issues, that development is probably slowed down.

are they hiring for skill or diversity-points?

That timewalker change sure was not needed... Like why? Why? What did they EARN in fixing that and not just leaving it as is? Who was hurt by the leveling being sped up once ever 3-4 weeks?

They hire people to get ride of others in the future.
    They just cant tell that right now.

Those that are behind these walk outs and trying to get the management to quit better start looking to other companies because when i learned one thing it is that management will not forget. They are doing thing smart so ofc they now make it look no we just grow our team and wait till the law suite is done for and the new people got trained and then they will clean house mark my words.

I'd like to know the real requirements for positions like Game Director ... because apparently having a law degree got Ion's foot in the door. Even Greg Street went to school to be a marine biologist?

What are these folks bringing to the table to get into the games industry... "Game Director" seems very soft-skills, versus a software engineer's distinct skillset.

Their "picker" hasn't been that great either way. They either aren't retaining talent in these key leadership roles and at least giving the game stability, or they're choosing the wrong people and the game is suffering from bad design.

"Furthermore, Closed Alpha introduced a system to discourage playing the game for a potentially unhealthy number of hours per week - a “weekly XP cap.”
    Sounds like something made for china .. just saying

"Brian Holinka, Lead Combat Designer on World of Warcraft, shared that these new positions will be used to grow the team."

This is actually partially FALSE. Only the 3 Combat Design positions are part of growing the team. The rest is UNKNOWN and probably opened to replace people that have left the company.

My friends think the "hiring" announcement is the anti-union lawfirm intimidation.