Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I wonder if resistance to replacing the level system is more a statement of distrust of a company like Blizz to actually get it right.

As much as I'd like to see leveling replaced, I sure as hell wouldn't trust Blizz to do it, Ion and crew would come up with a nightmarish system of systems as a replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should be a 1-time experience capped at 60. with no more leveling after. adding ten endless levels every expansion is what kills me.

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    I don't think you understand what an RPG is. Please do not ever get a job in the games industry.
    Hes like the guy that said he was a HUGE Thundercats fan since he was a child and proceeded to reboot Thundercats as Chibis.

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    I think it should be a 1-time experience capped at 60. with no more leveling after. adding ten endless levels every expansion is what kills me.
    Wouldn't that result in needing to go back and play every expansion on every char you level to catch up on potentially BiS pieces. Or skips get implemented that essentially make old content unneeded which is no different then leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Can just keep squishing. I admit it isn't a problem I overly care about personally. I don't see anything that needs to be fixed.
    Except we've never had our secondary stats squished. Which since we get them from gear would be no different than what I suggested.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    You think e-celebs and streamers are where original thoughts are born?
    No. I don't know who the first one was to say it, but I almost certainly know the reason I now see it said on every forum is because some community magnate parroted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    ok but didnt you use azeroth auto pilot in classic anyway?
    ..........no?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ..........no?
    grats on that, everyone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal2u View Post
    I'd be surprised if blizzard didnt reach out to hire him already

- - - Updated - - -

Thats leveling......but without the number attached? or attached in a different way?
    Levels are just an outdated system and could easily be replaced with something far better. What does it matter if a game has levels as long as you can improve your character up to a certain point at least before hitting a peak.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I sincerely doubt that statement, when Classic just came out people seemed very enthusiastic just to go back and experience it the way it used to be. Maybe Auto Pilot took off later on, but I sure didn't know anyone who used anything like that around launch

[Citation Needed]

With a series of challenges that give hard pass/fails on your class.

Something like a proving ground but tailored to each class specifically. Add to that a basic rotation guide and you could reduce leveling to roughly an hour and actually teach people the basics of the game at the same time.

Keep the world active for people who want to enjoy the story/transmog but offer a real tutorial to the game instead.
    I'm sorry but your idea is stupid like your face

With a series of challenges that give hard pass/fails on your class.

Something like a proving ground but tailored to each class specifically. Add to that a basic rotation guide and you could reduce leveling to roughly an hour and actually teach people the basics of the game at the same time.

Keep the world active for people who want to enjoy the story/transmog but offer a real tutorial to the game instead.
    Remove level boost, remove the addition of new levels. Add in a mage style scenario challenge for people wanting to play a new class. And then add in the usual introduction questline spanning all zones as a necessary completion factor to then jump into end game content. For people stuck below 60 now, just have them earn exp from mobs on the way to 60 during 10.0.

Leveling is a tradition at this point that has no reason for existence other than incumbency. And power scale to support it had lost meaning ever since the continuous reseting of gear paradigms with each patch (along with ilvl scaling). Level scaling is fine, it helps assuage out the mental hurdles we had to undergo with thinking somehow mogu in jade forest are stronger than elite undead in icecrown.

Are you on drugs? I think you should really take it easier...

Now this is a completely bogus idea.
    You literally cannot force the players to learn playing better without alienating a huge proportion of the player-base.

You want to run with a crowd at your level? Well, that's what guilds are for.
    Are you bothered by Johny Twolefthands just doing his thing, playing as he wants to? Well, there's 99.999% of the remaining game's world you can go mind your own business to.

5+ Year Old Account
    Levels are empty, back then you had something to came back to town, learn new skills, something with proffesions, new weapon traing, mount trainer, new talents every lvl, and now? its just ding you get nothing, sometimes 1 talent and new mount skill so its little sad that lvling has been killed