Poll: What is coming, what would you like to see?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Blizzard's future games...

So we know that OW2 and D4 are the two mainline games coming soon(tm) from blizzard. But the real question is whats coming afterwards (PC, not mobile), and what would you like to see?

i mean realistically what can they even make anymore? I dont see another overwatch or diablo game coming out right after ow2 and d4, so it has to be a new ip, and the only two possiblies is something else with Starcraft (not an rts), or a new ip entirely.

i would love to see a starcraft looter shooter, or basically a starcraft destiny, since bungie left activision, they could fill that void with a game like that, thats if blizz want to continue with a starcraft FPS (third times the charm lol), or imagine a starcraft rpg, that would be dope.

and if its a new ip, what genre can they even make anymore, like whats left lol ? they have a card game, an mmo, an arpg, an fps, a moba...

so tell me what u guys think, whats more likely to happen, and what would you personally like to see? I doubt were getting another mmo from blizzar anytime soon, if ever. but u never know, maybe a wow 2

so whats coming

- - - Updated - - -

maybe it really is only mobile left for blizzard.......

It's going to be mobile, re-releases and "seasonal re-releases". They've been in the milking mode for years, and they're not about to take a financial chance with big new inventions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    I don't want to see or buy any Blizzard games anymore.

If the recent WoW changes are any indication they only want to make superficial and non-visceral E10+ games for kids from here on out.
    WoW was accused of being the kiddy MMO even during vanilla.

I wish they would clean up their act first and make WOW's borrowed mechanics not be locked behind Covernants also reduce the fuck out of microtransactions in all their games. But my wish would be another RTS, i honestly don't care if it's a new IP but it should at least be off the same quality of their past RTS's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either some sort of Starcraft-based game or new IP. They will want to more mobile games, but won't abandon PC/Consoles.

I really still hope they would make 3rd person shooter RPG based on Starcraft - I think it has a huge potential for Mass Effect-like game.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    WoW was accused of being the kiddy MMO even during vanilla.
    I totally agree. Remember, this is the era of Far Cry and Doom 3. Beautiful games for their time. Even I said "this game looks dumb and cartoonish".

From another thread it may be that they received a bigger profit margin from the dubious quality of the prior 3 expansions when added with the layoffs they had.

Blizzard is incapable of releasing new games. Titan was cancelled with Overwatch barely salvaged out of it. Ghosts was cancelled. D3's 2nd expansion was cancelled. D3, SC2, HotS, and OW1 have been abandoned. D4, OW2, and Diablo Immortal are stuck in development hell. The incubation unit has never released anything. The only stuff Blizzard is actually able to release is Hearthstone and WoW, and the WoW team has been immensely struggling to barely put out any content over ridiculous timescales, despite being Blizzard's most profitable game.

They're not going to make more actual games. All of the oldtimers who were there to actually make games have long since left. Blizzard is fully corporate, and on paper the most profitable thing for them to do is to milk their IPs by making mobile games.

Eh, Blizzard's been a company to ride their star games over and over and I've never minded it. Overwatch was a new one of course and their most relevant game to me nowadays, but had it never come I wouldn't know to be sad of its absence. I'm drowning in my gaming backlog from other companies in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    From another thread it may be that they received a bigger profit margin from the dubious quality of the prior 3 expansions when added with the layoffs they had.
    I thought Legion was universally loved almost to the same degree as Wrath? Did I miss something?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Its just going to be mobile titles. At some point they even mentioned that all of their best devs are working on them.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    If I were going to somehow let them get my hopes up for whatever reason it would be another Starcraft or Warcraft RTS. I'll play anything in the starcraft universe but really just prefer RTS.

I'd also be open to a starcraft RTS with a first or 3rd person pov. Think Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Natural Selection, or Command and Conquer Renegade was it? IE: all of the same aspects you'd expect from the standard RTS formula, except in addition to base building and resource management, you're one of the units on the ground.

Bu again; that's if I were going to get my hopes up. =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

diablo 4 was originally gonna be a third person dark souls type game

now imagine if they did that with starcraft instead, like starcraft is still dark and gritty, it would be really dope and be able to explore the unviverse of starcraft in thirdperson.

zerg would be terrifying lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Heroes of the Storm spin off to a "Solo" experience. Pretty much like the wc3 hero maps. A story moba/rts type of game. Or just a brand new IP in a rpg or fps game. Though the company line seems to be not to have any risks with different games since Activision solely focuses on COD now I think.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You can rule out another MMO because even if they completely abandon pretenses of slow development for the sake of quality it still takes years to develop one, and they are currently not even working on one.

I'd expect any new games from them will be mobile cashgrabs. For all their failure branching out from WoW, they did make Hearthstone which made them a lot of money. I think they'll just stay in that lane of simple profit for the foreseeable future if not ever.

so realistically, after ow2 d4, there will be no more PC games? :P just mobile? i mean there must be a next pc game eventually, so the question is what will it be

it cant be another overwatch or diablo, so that leaves starcraft or new ip, (or something big with warcraft, but unlikely)

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    diablo 4 was originally gonna be a third person dark souls type game

now imagine if they did that with starcraft instead, like starcraft is still dark and gritty, it would be really dope and be able to explore the unviverse of starcraft in thirdperson.

zerg would be terrifying lol
    My gripe with the Diablo franchise is that while I adore its aesthetics and lore I don't really care for the gameplay. It would do wonders if they made a soulslike in that world.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

outside of the now popular remasters i don't see them doing much. many of the old guard i guess you can call them have peaked and don't really have much to offer now.
    it's time for new studios to show what they can do.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    My gripe with the Diablo franchise is that while I adore its aesthetics and lore I don't really care for the gameplay. It would do wonders if they made a soulslike in that world.
    well that was the plan :P

google diablo project hades and ull see
    Last edited by lolmmofuture; 2021-10-08 at 08:54 PM.

Mobile games and refresh whatever IP they already have. Thats it.