Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I enjoyed the beta but a little goes a long way for me. I guess the only zombie-horde game I really enjoyed was World War Z. The zoms concept doesn't really tickle my fancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw in a clip there was no blood or gore. If this is truly true. I rate 1/10 potential.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I saw in a clip there was no blood or gore. If this is truly true. I rate 1/10 potential.
    Thats a huge lie. Your characters get covered in blood like its an Evil Dead movie.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Yeah, there is blood spray fucking everywhere. It's a goddamn bloodbath.

Dying Light really ruined every other zombie game for me,even dead island that i enjoyed before just feels like a huge downgrade by comparison...and dying light 2 looks freaking amazing

granted the L4D games are about co op,but dying light has a pretty interesting multiplayer mode also

it looks so fun.

do we have any idea how many missions/Acts/levels/whatever there is going to be?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Thats a huge lie. Your characters get covered in blood like its an Evil Dead movie.
    what about this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Back4Blood/...hwithout_gore/
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    What about it? Look at the characters are. Covered in blood. This player also looks like they've turned down their graphics and/greatly upped the lighting.

In the comments of the same post

https://www.reddit.com/r/Back4Blood/..._with_gore_on/

When I saw the game on stream I felt like the gunplay didn't look satisfying enough. There didn't seem to be enough impact or feedback to shots landing on zombies. At the same time it felt like the normal zombies died too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    When I saw the game on stream I felt like the gunplay didn't look satisfying enough. There didn't seem to be enough impact or feedback to shots landing on zombies. At the same time it felt like the normal zombies died too easily.
    In my experience this was mitigated by there being normal zombies freaking everywhere. It wasn’t uncommon to completely run dry on ammo at inopportune moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post

Normal enemies go down in one shot/swing or two in every similar coop. No one wants to fight a horde of damage sponges. There's enough special mobs, their varients, and environmental hazards to enhance the difficulty.

Gunplay? Maybe more misinformation?

I've seen gunplay complaints but I don't remember any last weekend. All the guns have their own feel and characteristics. Never felt like it was just a hitscan gallery. Every gun has weight and feel. Never had an issue with hit detection and could aim right over an allies shoulder to hit something. Sight lines and lines of fire are actually very important, especially after the first difficulty. You'll kill each other/run out ammo and or get overran if not using choke points and watching each others 6/flank. Squads naturally start to adopt pointmen, sharpshooters, breecher roles, etc.

Technical issues I think people forget the title of the game is not Left 4 Dead 3. It's a coop game inspired by L4D the same way many other coops in the style are. None of them are or will be L4D 3 and instead have their own style.

No campaign pvp pretty much kills this game for me. Thats what made L4D live longer, getting pugs of 4v4. The pvp mode in b4b is pretty shit, special infected just dont have an adequate level of synergy either. I guess if someones just looking for a coop game, its fine, but i dunno feels like its too expensive for what little you get out of it. Their excuse for not having it is also downright bullshit. 30 minute matches too long? Dunno if you noticed but people play dota, battle royal, list goes on... you know stuff that can last more then an hour.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-08-12 at 11:52 PM.

This crossplay thing is kinda neat. I dig it.

The game is 'meh'.

My friends enjoyed it, I didn't - that much.
    But I was never a "fan" of L4D games to begin with.

I noticed a lot of weapons feel off last night. Like the shotguns fire as smoothly as pistols. The M4 Carbine is the weapon you need most of the time- it's the all-around best.

Would this have split screen for couch co-op? If not, meh...

This kind of fell off the Radar and i was still iffy but i had some store credit and a few friends really interested so picked this up and to easily sum it up its 'fine' but its not left 4 dead and has two glaring problems of its own.

First off there is no real progression if you play offline with AI. You don't even get progress for achievements/trophys let alone card and cosmetic unlocks. Its treated as a long tutorial ala Brink of all things to reference. Second its just not ready to ship, its very close but it needs a bit of a hotfix or patch to change a lot of its values.

In all thats my biggest gripe. There are some things that feel cheap like it not being 4 campaigns but 4 'acts' where you will keep leaving a base and fighting through a bit of a town to head down to the river or to a church or whatever in a almost zelda/dark souls but smaller hub style system. While it is neat to see changes made after you fortify a library and people start to move back in there is an awful lot of "oh i'm fighting my way down the same building fighting the same monsters i was two hours ago. When your player is wondering if this is the same location or an asset flip thats a bit of a problem. Beyond that they try to mix it up but it largely feels samey. Hold Square to do a thing that triggers hordes and fight the hordes but that is the type of game it is i guess.

I was worried the cards and stuff would be annoying, like a live service insert but they really don't seem too bad. I imagine once you unlock certain ones they will become the go to when building decks for certain builds but i find the director ones that change the weather and enemies much more interesting.

On the whole my biggest criticism beyond the single player offline thing is luckily one they could tweak and thats numbers and spawn rates. Right now you just don't see as many zombies as you should. Forget the tidal waves of World War Z and days gone theres less zombies on screen than Left 4 Dead 2 from like 13 years ago. Instead special infected are a conga line. You kill one and the subtitles instantly let you know another is nearby spawning in or you straight up see one rise up out of the ground like a ghost. In L4D the sense of urgency is "if i dilly dally the director will know and think im having an easy time and spawn hordes" but here even the spawns just mean multiple specials at once and that can get annoying. I had a ogre, two breakers, two bruisers, one crasher, 2 retchers, 3 horkers and a not-boomer at the same time and it was a visual mess with them all clipping into each other. They need to reduce the spawn on specials, increase their damage, increase the spawn of zombies/ridden and increase their damage and overall make the easiest difficulty a bit harder, the middle a bit easier and leave nightmare but adjust the spawns and i think it will find a balance with more data from a large number of played games.

Overall its neat, theres even been a few dialogue lines that made me laugh, but it suffers thus far from the 'spiritual successor curse' where there are moments it tries so hard to be the different-enough-for-copyright-reasons not-sequel that it comes off feeling a bit cheap. Like latin american dude is just Lewis but more annoying and Lewis was the weakest of the 8 in L4D to begin with. It just gives the whole thing an air like the original Evil Within or Destiny had at times where you know the creators made another series, no longer have the rights but still want to make a sequel, and you are seeing stand ins that only exist due to copyright law first and foremost and thats understandable but still adds a bit of a weird feeling to it all.

I think if they patch it smartly this will be a solid 7/10 that keeps peoples interest for a while but i don't think its going to be the frantic party game feeling of L4D2 or the tense, moody urgency of L4D1. In some ways its both but in other ways theres also some Gears of War and Dead Rising put in there that i did not expect and for many thats going to be a love it or hate it change.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2021-10-15 at 01:42 AM.

sounds like a pass for me if there is no offline progression.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

. Instead special infected are a conga line. You kill one and the subtitles instantly let you know another is nearby spawning in or you straight up see one rise up out of the ground like a ghost
    Ya, I noticed that as well in the beta/free weekend.
    It sucks. The amount of specials thrown at you made it feel like they aren't special at all and just another enemy type.

I don't think that's the right approach.
    Make them harder to deal with, but rare.
    Don't include 5 whatever-the-long-doods-are-called into every wave.

The "specials" in this game feel like what Stormvermin are in Vermintide

It's especially annoying when you are indoors defending some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Ya, I noticed that as well in the beta/free weekend.
    It sucks. The amount of specials thrown at you made it feel like they aren't special at all and just another enemy type.

I don't think that's the right approach.
    Make them harder to deal with, but rare.
    Don't include 5 whatever-the-long-doods-are-called into every wave.

The "specials" in this game feel like what Stormvermin are in Vermintide

It's especially annoying when you are indoors defending some shit.
    Apparently they already started hotfixing tweaks to this since if you look on places like twitter 99% of the games complaints are "i'm killing more longboys than zombies". The last match i did it was totaling like 35-40 zombies killed per play and 15-20 special infected. So not really "Special" and more "uncommon" i guess. At least they noticed and are fixing it but its hard not to notice when just about every person playing it said the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

aaand i ran into this post hotfix: https://twitter.com/Dope_Danny/statu...20386121768966

Yes that is half a dozen legally distinct boomers charging me at the same time :/