Thread: SV Lone Wolf

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    (or GW2 approach that no matter the specc, if you equipp meele weapon you get meele abilities, if you equipp ranged weapons you get ranged abilities. probably the best solution to be honest since then all 3 speccs can be played as either ranged or meele)
    Nothing says "Marksman" like a spear to the gut

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Nothing says "Marksman" like a spear to the gut
    yea i know but it would be a start atleast, maybe just keep the meele talent option for surv and bm and keep MM strictly ranged.

I would find that a wasted talent and honestly hope there was never a reason to take it. Other classes fill that role - rogue if you like feeling more sneaky or warrior if you want brute force.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    I would find that a wasted talent and honestly hope there was never a reason to take it. Other classes fill that role - rogue if you like feeling more sneaky or warrior if you want brute force.
    Yeah, the whole point of Survival is being able to fight alongside your pet in melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    at this point its the only option to please everyone instead of repeating legion rework 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Wylyth1992 View Post
    So, people who want to be a Melee Beast Master are out of luck, I guess?
    Ideally yes. Why should Hunter class design continue to chase such a niche audience full of people who don't even main the class?

At best there should be a talented melee option within BM. Otherwise we've already catered this class to melee players far beyond a reasonable amount and evidently you guys are getting spoiled.

Honestly I'd rather MM stick with lone wolf. At least visually to me it is nice to fight side by side with the pet. I think a lone wolf SV hunter would look to much like a discount warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by keyone01 View Post
    People like you are the reason SV is in its sorry state right now.
    Pls stick to your main instead of ruining specs that others enjoy.
    imagine thinking giving a spec OPTIONS,means ruining kekw

but yeah,i dont see it working for survival,the spec has been designed with the pet in mind,it works for marks,but for surv it wouldnt,just like it wouldnt for bm,minus the theme being a factor for bm also

If you don't think the current version of Survival is unique and fun, I don't know what to tell you. In its current form the spec totally has a place in the game.
    If borrowed power is gone, well, thats another story entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    If you don't think the current version of Survival is unique and fun, I don't know what to tell you. In its current form the spec totally has a place in the game.
    If borrowed power is gone, well, thats another story entirely.
    i dont think most people are bothered that hunters have a meele specc, i believe the big issue lies in that a former specc was taken away completly and remade into meele. Blizzard could atleast give a talent option to choose between ranged/meele in the survival tree atleast.

As for OP: I dont think giving Surv LW is a good idea, not only beacuse current focus generation is tied to the pet but also beacuse you litterly turn into a bootleg warrior with lonewolf. could aswell reroll arms warrior and mog a spear on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    i dont think most people are bothered that hunters have a meele specc, i believe the big issue lies in that a former specc was taken away completly and remade into meele. Blizzard could atleast give a talent option to choose between ranged/meele in the survival tree atleast.

As for OP: I dont think giving Surv LW is a good idea, not only beacuse current focus generation is tied to the pet but also beacuse you litterly turn into a bootleg warrior with lonewolf. could aswell reroll arms warrior and mog a spear on it.
    to be fair, we have 4 druid speccs, so we could also have 4 hunter speccs *shrug*

Yeah Surv without the pet might actually make it remotely interesting.
    Mighty one, never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    tbh: this „problem“ is not created by the OP. it was created by Blizz in the second they changed a 10 year old pure range class, ppl committed themselfes to years ago.
    very few people. Meelee sv is way more fun sv ever was.

with no pet you cannot kill command. a key part or your rotation is when you throw the red bomb you get no CD kill command. spamming that gives you a chance to reset your charges of wildfire bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    to be fair, we have 4 druid speccs, so we could also have 4 hunter speccs *shrug*
    yep, that would solve the whole issue with the war between MSV and RSV players. sadly i dont think blizzard will go this route (i dont know why when its litterly a win win for everyone, including blizzard)

Demon Hunters and now Evokers don't even have the traditional 3 specs. Blizzard's class design has been slacking for awhile now, they seem averse to anything that creates unnecessary balance work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    with no pet you cannot kill command. a key part or your rotation is when you throw the red bomb you get no CD kill command. spamming that gives you a chance to reset your charges of wildfire bomb.
    kill command should not even be a SV thing tbh. it's always been the signature BM ability. SV could easily have KC replaced with a melee button, or to keep it ranged, a javelin throw or something.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    If you take lone wolf, kill command turns into Skill Command, where you do a sick backflip and dunk on the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand why people keep saying they changed a ranged spec to melee without reason.

All the skills in survival now were part of the hunter class back in classic. Raptor strike, mongoose etc. It used to be a hybrid spec even back then.

The issue with the hunter class is that its called Hunter, but is associated with various other "classes" from other games/lore. BM spec as an example is a ranged spec with pets. BMs in other games, and even warcraft, are usually shown as melee with pets (Rexxar). Marksman is the spec associated with archers/ranged physical and survival is similar to a ranger.

With the new talents i would have liked the flexibility the hunter concept creates.

What i would like to see in dragon:
    1. All melee and ranged skills given to all specs.
    2. The common hunter tree separated in beast, weapons and utility lines. Weapons allows you specilization in mellee or ranged.
    3. Hunters can one again equip both a ranged and melee weapon.
    4. BM tree focuses more on your pet and dealing dmg both yourself and the pet. You may either be in melee or ranged.
    5. Surv tree focuses more an being a ranger type. You are a hybrid of melee and ranged focusing on buffing your attacks with animal afinities and the pet if active acts as a companion providing utility and a secondary role to your dps.
    6. Marksman tree is the tree focusing on ranged attacks.

With the above change most people enjoying the theme will find a playstsyle. BM melle or ranged, archer or ranger

This concept can be further expanded with ranged including axe throwing not only bows/guns but it might be too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    I dont understand why people keep saying they changed a ranged spec to melee without reason.

All the skills in survival now were part of the hunter class back in classic. Raptor strike, mongoose etc. It used to be a hybrid spec even back then.
    back then your main damage was from being ranged though and you weren't meant to be in melee. the melee skills were specifically for when you were stuck in melee, mongoose would not even proc unless you dodged a melee attack and raptor was just an auto attack buff.