Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    It helps explain why the story is so bad. Agendas supercede competent writing. You sadly see it everywhere nowadays.
    so what wow story's have been made worse for the sole reason that the lead is a woman?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    so what wow story's have been made worse for the sole reason that the lead is a woman?
    I mean, he explains his reasoning on his post. Granted, it's not as fun as trying to paint him as a sexist, but still.

  3. #23
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I mean, he explains his reasoning on his post. Granted, it's not as fun as trying to paint him as a sexist, but still.
    saying "Agenda superseding competent wiring" Isn't an explanation its just a statement with no reason given to show case it being the case. which is why I asked for examples of said Agenda (lack of men) being the reason the writing is poor.

    If Sylvanas was a man with a six pack walking around shirtless or Tyrande was a huge bear of man they would still be written like shit them being woman has nothing to do with why the story is bad.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    If Sylvanas was a man with a six pack walking around shirtless or Tyrande was a huge bear of man they would still be written like shit them being woman has nothing to do with why the story is bad.
    Good thing he didn't say such a thing, I guess.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Imagine forgetting that Varian wanted to genocide the Horde after the Wrathgate. And then again after the Siege of Orgrimmar. Whoops.
    Yeah imagine wanting to destroy the enemy faction just because they've proven they can't be trusted with peace and because they're the enemy faction. Such toxic masculinity.

  6. #26
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Good thing he didn't say such a thing, I guess.
    He doesn't say much of any thing which is why i asked for examples, what aren't you getting here?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Syferite View Post
    You're twisting your arguments.

    There's nothing wrong with a female narrative. The problem is the bad writing.
    I disagree - there is nothing at all wrong with a well written character who happens to be female, involved in a well written story, but there is everything wrong with a "female narrative" - just look at Ghostbusters 2016, or that all female Oceans movie that everyone has entirely forgotten even happened.

    OP might totally disagree, and I could be way off base, but i believe people have issues with the fake 'woke' bullshit happening in many forms of entertainment at the moment - the above two examples being shining examples of why it is a bad idea.

  8. #28
    The future is female, old man.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Yeah imagine wanting to destroy the enemy faction just because they've proven they can't be trusted with peace and because they're the enemy faction. Such toxic masculinity.
    I hope you don't seriously think that people who aren't "evil" consider murdering vast swathes of people because some among them committed atrocities.

  10. #30
    Warchief Voidism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the shadows!
    Posts
    2,113
    How do you know what they identify as? No one has even asked their pronouns and just assume.

  11. #31
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,399
    I'm sick of women who are just men characters. I want more mothers and feminine ones

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Aw, it wants to talk about the basics of storytelling, but can't even figure out that the player being able to side with her didn't make her any less the villain. How adorable. Saurfang was the hero of the Horde's story in BfA. Try to argue that he didn't exemplify everything good about "strong men." Go ahead. It will be fun to watch.

    As for Sylvanas supposedly being "redeemed." Well, people complained about Illidan's redemption in Legion, but somehow it magically wasn't made out to be some nefarious Identity Politics™ plot. Because, you know, that would have been a fucking stupid thing to believe.


    roflmao

    This is what happens, kids, when you fall so far down the rabbit-hole of anti-SJW horseshit. Let it be a cautionary tale.


    Imagine forgetting that Varian wanted to genocide the Horde after the Wrathgate. And then again after the Siege of Orgrimmar. Whoops.
    Yeah, it's called... war? "Great character" =/= "good character". "Great character" means the character is understandable, built on a strong foundation, and explained well. Varian was a great character.

    I forget that I'm trying to discuss with people on a video game forum.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

  13. #33
    Someone needs to get laid, as this is impossible due to being an incel and not having enough money for.. escort, I'd suggest touching yourself.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

    yall im smh @ ur simplified english

  14. #34
    This thread is so stupid it's painful to read
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  15. #35
    Well, its usual that men die in wars and then women have to do their jobs.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    How do you know what they identify as? No one has even asked their pronouns and just assume.
    Thats what I was thinking!

    Outrageous! We live in 2021.


    And, totally unrelatable: Boob sliders, when?
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  17. #37
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,923
    Afrasiabi killed a lot of them in Legion.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  18. #38
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,756
    Don't you like NuTrek? Which is very female heavy to the point where the males are jokes, idiots, or murderers...
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  19. #39
    I'm baffled by these questions. The assault on the Sanctum of Domination is led by Bolvar, Thrall, and Jaina: two-third of those are male. Meanwhile, in the weekly story quests, the combined resistance forces are led by the Primus, who is also male. The most recent narrative quest deals with Uther recovering his sense of self and reconciling his feelings about Arthas, with the help of Adrestes, all three of whom are male. The main villains of the narrative have been the Jailer and Sylvanas, half of whom are male. Supporting villain cast are Kel'thuzad, Vyraz, Denathrius, Helya, three-quarters male. I think you're drastically exaggerating the issue here, and I'm not really sure why.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Oh no, not Sylvanas, Tyrande, Jaina and Azshara. Important characters since the Warcraft 3 days. How dare these be of influence today. It's only about women.

    *Slaps Thrall, Baine, Anduin and the Jailer aside*

    How dare Elune's primary follower get exposure as we're dealing with Elune's sister. And the only undead character of importance be the one center stage in this undead expansion.

    This whiny thread will be closed, and well it should. Jeez. Maybe try and care less about what characters have in their pants. "I can't enjoy this story as much if there's no character with a dick center stage at all times". Ridiculous.
    I like all those characters Carrie. Just noticing the total dominance of female characters for the last 2 expansion skins running and how dim the male ones have been.

    It’s like they’ve swung full on gem in the opposite direction.

    The female characters you mentioned are some of my favourites.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Rastakhan and Vol'jin got killed off recently, and it's a shame. We still Rokhan, Zekhan and Bwonsamdi though. Only Bwonsamdi has gotten a ton of focus really.

    Also I noticed the our roster is lacking female trolls, so it's not just men who are lacking
    Talanji? They killed most of the male ones off remember.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •