Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Sylvanas "I will serve no one" - can you get stronger or more independent than that?
    Yeah, that's what she said - but not what she DID. Sylvanas was never independent.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Well, I hope the misogynistic storytelling will cease.... soon. When does Danuser get an "Associate" buddy, i.e. watchdog?


  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Valtrois? When's the last time she did something relevant? She played a small part in the war campaign last expansion and that's it.
    I went purely with "has power & has a predisposition for arrogance". She is pretty much the among the highest in nightborne culture next to Thalyssra. Same for Shandris, she among the highest Generals of the nelfs. Another obvious candiate would be another of the Windrunner Sisters, though Vereesa is to soft, which leaves only Alleria, but she is already headed for a semi-villain role with the whole void stuff; or at least a "good" void user in a shadow and light expansion that has us fight both while also allying with both.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

  3. #43
    im tired of good guys gone bad villains and after we beat the shit out of them, theyre like:

    and because of some 5D chess convoluted story line that makes no sense, were supposed to forgive them.
    i just want clear cut baddies to KILL.
    yrel is another crazy bitch that we at some point gonna not kill.
    we wont kill zovaal either, we gonna put him in naughty jail next to sargeras.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-08-08 at 06:51 AM.

  4. #44

  5. #45
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,756
    Why do we need a "bad bitch"? Isn't a 17 years enough for the edgelord waifus?
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    The Jailor made Arthas kill and enslave Sylvanas and Sylvanas then ended up wilfully serving him. I can't imagine a more dependent character than her. Didn't have a single original thought throughout this story. Just everybody else's chew toy to be passed around.
    Wasn't the Jailer's issue with Ner'zhul that he wasn't obeying him, and thus his pawns, like Arthas, weren't actually doing the Jailer's bidding?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Why do we need a "bad bitch"? Isn't a 17 years enough for the edgelord waifus?
    it won't be the same without at least 1 edgelord.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Wasn't the Jailer's issue with Ner'zhul that he wasn't obeying him, and thus his pawns, like Arthas, weren't actually doing the Jailer's bidding?
    Okay, then what did the Jailor want Ner'zhul to do instead of what he, and therefore Arthas, was doing at the time? And is that why Sylvanas choses the Jailor's side? That Ner'zhul wasn't listening to his instructions properly?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Okay, then what did the Jailor want Ner'zhul to do instead of what he, and therefore Arthas, was doing at the time? And is that why Sylvanas choses the Jailor's side? That Ner'zhul wasn't listening to his instructions properly?
    Where do you guys get this wack retcon from? Ner'zhul betrayed KJ and the Legion, never was there a mention of the Jailer trying to order the Lich King into doing anything. There's even a PoV book of Arthas during it all which just debunks this idea.

    Obviously the jailer was involved with the legion getting ahold of the helm and frostmourne, but he had no direct connection involved during Ner'zhul's time as the Lich King. As far as we even know with the Legion, they don't even know the stuff came from the Jailer as in Legion, frostmourne is mentioned to be made by the nethrezim. Which is info they have from the Legion.

    I feel like Bellular is to blame for this stupid head cannon :/

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Obviously the jailer was involved with the legion getting ahold of the helm and frostmourne, but he had no direct connection involved during Ner'zhul's time as the Lich King. As far as we even know with the Legion, they don't even know the stuff came from the Jailer as in Legion, frostmourne is mentioned to be made by the nethrezim. Which is info they have from the Legion.
    Did he just get involved for the lulz then? Provide the Legion with the tools and then just hope whatever they would do with it would pan out in his favour?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Alleria has all the makings of a character that could go cuckoo for cocopuffs at any point. Might as well keep it in the family, and this could be what she needs to stop being so tragically boring.
    This will not happen because Alleria isn't crazy nor evil.

  12. #52
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    19,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Sylvanas "I will serve no one" - can you get stronger or more independent than that?
    Easily considering she's spent the past ten years bowing and serving. Just because she was too stupid to realize his plans would affect her, too, before he spelled it out for her doesn't make her strong and independent.

    At no point in her existence as a character has she existed independently. Everything she is exists as a reaction to someone else. Either Arthas, Anduin, or Zovaal. She's like a walking failed Bechdel test. How often has she gone out of her way to talk about Arthas, or the Jailor (the latter in relatively effusive tones because, again, somehow the master manipulator is also simultaneously the village idiot), with little to no provocation? If she were more dependent she'd be Vereesa.

    As for who the next "bad bitch" character should be, here's a thought: don't lazily recycle 1990s Dark Age cliches, especially not the lowest-common-denominator "bad girl" pouting and posing her way through 30 pages with some shitty name like Requiem or Bloodchylde. Create an interesting, compelling, morally-ambiguous or openly-evil antagonist with understandable motives, a logical thought process one can follow from A to Z without having to pretzel their brain or compartmentalize everything to reconcile lurching attempts at recharacterization, and a strong onscreen presence, then make that antagonist female.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!



  13. #53
    I picture her in a pant suit with purple hair (in game) informing the world of Azeroth that they just got an insane pay raise and are using their new found power and wealth to strangle the world as the villian but because they also give some money to the children and fly in rocket ships to space people will think that they are actually a good person. This slowly corrupts and drains the soul of the planet but no one can or do anything about it because it is a hot button topic and comon, the children. The way we actually defeat this villain isn't with weapons or fights. Its to out raise them so that someone else can win the popularity contest. Surprisingly enough, exactly what every player needs to donate is one WoWToken a month to stem the tied of the corruption. Players that don't meet this goal actually lose power and their gear gets weaker. Players that meet it remain normal but are shamed for just being normal. Players that far exceed it (say 3 or 4 WoWTokens) actually gain power and get access to a new talent tree called "Will of the Lobbyist" that gives you sway over the population. So the more gold you pump into it the more points you get to spend in it. If you fail to reach your goals you lose points on a lock out to lock out basis.

    Can you stop the evil in game corporate villain that started off meaning well but eventually turned to evil because money just does that to people? Well you can help! All you have to do is feed the evil out of game corporation villian money by buying a shit ton of gold from the store! Congratulations gamers! You now can fight capitalism by supplying it!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Can you stop the evil in game corporate villain that started off meaning well but eventually turned to evil because money just does that to people? Well you can help! All you have to do is feed the evil out of game corporation villian money by buying a shit ton of gold from the store! Congratulations gamers! You now can fight capitalism by supplying it!
    So... We're talking a notable female goblin?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This will not happen because Alleria isn't crazy nor evil.
    Of course she is. She has devoured the heart of a fallen Naaru. If that is not crazy or evil...

    She will soon succumb to the Void.

    Also, madness is often hereditary. All Windrunners are probably crazy.

  16. #56
    Jaina probably.
    she did alot of bitchy stuff already.
    Including her voicelines from wc3

  17. #57
    nathanos or troll princess

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Of course she is. She has devoured the heart of a fallen Naaru. If that is not crazy or evil...

    She will soon succumb to the Void.

    Also, madness is often hereditary. All Windrunners are probably crazy.
    Devouring the heart of a monster is evil?

    Don't answer, it's a rhetorical question.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This will not happen because Alleria isn't crazy nor evil.
    She's all voided up and is dealing with the trauma of spending a thousand years being hunted on a hell planet. Also we already saw an alternate timeline where she was both crazy and evil.

    She isn't crazy and evil now but she has all the makings of somebody that the narrative could make crazy and evil.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    She's all voided up and is dealing with the trauma of spending a thousand years being hunted on a hell planet. Also we already saw an alternate timeline where she was both crazy and evil.

    She isn't crazy and evil now but she has all the makings of somebody that the narrative could make crazy and evil.
    So why should Alleria be the new "bitch" instead of Thrall who also fell to the Void in that alternate dimension created by N'Zoth?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •