Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Mechagnome Crysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    Classic: Get 2 loots for 40 people, you can even get unusable things like shaman tiers in alliance "wow best experience, loot is great, everything is meaningful".

    SL: Get 1 loot every 5 people, nothing is unusable, loot is tradeable as long as you have something of the same ilvl, M+ is an infinite gear source "wtf is this shit why i get no gear worst expansion ever".

    The better the loot is the more people cry. There is no titanforging anymore, gems are buyable, M+ loot is upgradeable, up to 9 choices on weekly vault, wtf are you asking for? Every loot available on a vendor for 1 copper so you can finally realize you don't like the game and the only reason you keep playing is because you are a gambling addict? Just quit dude.
    Just give me bad luck protection. I mean an actual WORKING bad luck protection. Everytime I dont get loot from a boss, next week my chance for an item grows by 33 %. Or, every defeated boss that doesn't give me an item increases my chance for the next one by 20 %. Whats so hard about doing this? I can think of no reason why I should be forced to raid for 6+ months to complete my BiS gear. Thats half a year. For few goddamn items in a videogame. That is not fun.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    When they fired a lot of the gms and made personal loot mandatory they increased the drop rate to be far above masterlooter to try and sooth the community. Now that its been a while they lowered the drop rate to what it was with masterloot minus the control over it.
    Hey bro, you dropped this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Just give me bad luck protection. I mean an actual WORKING bad luck protection. Everytime I dont get loot from a boss, next week my chance for an item grows by 33 %. Or, every defeated boss that doesn't give me an item increases my chance for the next one by 20 %. Whats so hard about doing this? I can think of no reason why I should be forced to raid for 6+ months to complete my BiS gear. Thats half a year. For few goddamn items in a videogame. That is not fun.
    The GV is intended to supplement what used to be BLP. The fact that you get to choose from multiple items makes it slightly better as before it was just a single item. RNG's still gonna be RNG but it's unfair to frame the argument as Blizzard intentionally making the system worse when they've simply moved the dial from one place to another.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Hey bro, you dropped this.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The GV is intended to supplement what used to be BLP. The fact that you get to choose from multiple items makes it slightly better as before it was just a single item. RNG's still gonna be RNG but it's unfair to frame the argument as Blizzard intentionally making the system worse when they've simply moved the dial from one place to another.
    O wow a loot box that is far better!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    O wow a loot box that is far better!
    It's a loot box that can have gear in it from bosses you haven't even defeated so... yeah. That kind of is tacitly an improvement.

    This was incorrect. You cannot get items in your GV from bosses you did not defeat. It's still, imo, an improvement over Coins as it does, over the course of a raid Tier, provide you more potential options.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-08-08 at 06:25 PM.

  5. #25
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    O wow a loot box that is far better!
    I think sl is the worst expansion they've ever made, but i admit the gv is the best extra loot system they've made. The garrison caches were so stupid because you could fail them and were just automated

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's a loot box that can have gear in it from bosses you haven't even defeated so... yeah. That kind of is tacitly an improvement.
    I mean it isn't but I am not all that shocked your are not aware of how the system your crediting as an improvement works at this point.

  7. #27
    @Coldkil and here i am with all shards and blood set and an of piece with another gem my luck this raid is throu the roof x3

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's a loot box that can have gear in it from bosses you haven't even defeated so... yeah. That kind of is tacitly an improvement.
    This is not true.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    This is not true.
    It appears you're correct. I was referencing an early wowhead article where Ion seemed to imply that the only thing that was locked out of the GV was gear from the last two bosses (ie, slaying any boss on Mythic will give you loot in your vault from the first 8). Players have since noticed that the GV will only drop gear for bosses they've defeated. I'll go back and edit my post. Thank you.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    Classic: Get 2 loots for 40 people, you can even get unusable things like shaman tiers in alliance "wow best experience, loot is great, everything is meaningful".

    SL: Get 1 loot every 5 people, nothing is unusable, loot is tradeable as long as you have something of the same ilvl, M+ is an infinite gear source "wtf is this shit why i get no gear worst expansion ever".

    The better the loot is the more people cry. There is no titanforging anymore, gems are buyable, M+ loot is upgradeable, up to 9 choices on weekly vault, wtf are you asking for? Every loot available on a vendor for 1 copper so you can finally realize you don't like the game and the only reason you keep playing is because you are a gambling addict? Just quit dude.
    I believe the main issue here is masterloot being gone. Gear can drop and be completely unusable. Example, I have 239 shoulders in my bags that Sim lower than my 226. Someone in my guild could've absolutely used that, and they're just sitting in my bag wasting space. If masterloot made a return, peoples issues with loot would be much lower. I know I'm not the only one who was the issue of multiple items taking up space in my bags, that I can do nothing with, because I can't trade them. Either master loot needs to return, or the "can't trade because of higher ilvl" thing needs to go.

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    I believe the main issue here is masterloot being gone. Gear can drop and be completely unusable. Example, I have 239 shoulders in my bags that Sim lower than my 226. Someone in my guild could've absolutely used that, and they're just sitting in my bag wasting space. If masterloot made a return, peoples issues with loot would be much lower. I know I'm not the only one who was the issue of multiple items taking up space in my bags, that I can do nothing with, because I can't trade them. Either master loot needs to return, or the "can't trade because of higher ilvl" thing needs to go.
    Master loot should have been a guild thing only anyway. Not sure why it's completely gone in places where the social contract is already agreed upon between consenting players.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Master loot should have been a guild thing only anyway. Not sure why it's completely gone in places where the social contract is already agreed upon between consenting players.
    I agree with this take but if I'd wager a guess the removal of ML for guilds had more to do with split runs than it does anything else. (In itself this isn't a defense as guilds still do splits...they're just even more degenerate now.)

  13. #33
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    15,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I agree with this take but if I'd wager a guess the removal of ML for guilds had more to do with split runs than it does anything else. (In itself this isn't a defense as guilds still do splits...they're just even more degenerate now.)
    Ml works really well in classic aside from some instances because the player base is too small for guilds to risk abusing it since a few people leaving will usually destroy it

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Master loot should have been a guild thing only anyway. Not sure why it's completely gone in places where the social contract is already agreed upon between consenting players.
    To reduce gm tickets. If you take the most cynical outlook with blizzard your gonna be right on the money 9/10 times.

  15. #35
    Herald of the Titans Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    To reduce gm tickets. If you take the most cynical outlook with blizzard your gonna be right on the money 9/10 times.
    I'd prefer not to err on the side of cynicism. It's not particularly helpful in any general discourse, I find.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I'd prefer not to err on the side of cynicism. It's not particularly helpful in any general discourse, I find.
    I would disagree vehemently it cuts to the heart of the issue. Without you just get people glad handing until they provoke someone into calling them out then the conversation is stalled for a week.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    I can think of no reason why I should be forced to raid for 6+ months to complete my BiS gear. Thats half a year. For few goddamn items in a videogame. That is not fun.
    You don't need full BiS gear to complete ANY content, so that's on your own. It's been one month, i'm ~244 ilvl and i feel i have enough gear to finish any available content. While upgrades are appreciated, most player power nowadays come from places other than gear and are available on a week-to-week non RNG basis (domination gems, souldbind upgrades).

    Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    I believe the main issue here is masterloot being gone. Gear can drop and be completely unusable. Example, I have 239 shoulders in my bags that Sim lower than my 226.
    Master loot caused too much drama so Blizzard retired it to reduce GM tickets. Even when it was guild only, there was too much guilds that didn't know how to handle the loot or purposely handled it to friends/lovers/etc. And while you are correct that you can in fact receive an ilvl upgrade that is not a DPS upgrade, this is now much borderline than it was in BFA, as main stat is much powerful this expansion. Many people understimate gear because "it doesn't have my bis stats", just to sim it and discover that it indeed is a DPS upgrade despite of having "bad" secondary stats.
    Last edited by Baleful; 2021-08-09 at 12:33 AM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    2004 had master loot. Wouldn't happen.
    Yeah. You'd get 4 pieces of loot to split across 40 people and most of it you wouldn't even be in the running for because it could be another class's set.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah. You'd get 4 pieces of loot to split across 40 people and most of it you wouldn't even be in the running for because it could be another class's set.
    I rather not get loot and see it go to someone that pulls their weight than not get loot and watch it go to the guy that dies every other pull.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I rather not get loot and see it go to someone that pulls their weight than not get loot and watch it go to the guy that dies every other pull.
    Nice strawman there. That the person who gets loot under personal loot rules doesn't deserve it and dies every time. While the people who got loot under master loot actually "deserves" it and wasn't because it wasn't sometimes the GM/their friend/their girlfriend.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •